Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Driving Assist Plus mode

10-28-2023, 12:02 PM   #1
gijsvnb
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Driving Assist Plus mode

Hi all!

Recently got my 2019 BMW 330i (G20) with the option "Driving Assistent Professional" which enables me for automatic lane keeping.

When looking at this video (and others):

I see an additional mode of driving assist plus which should enable TJA below 40Mph. When cycling through the driving assist modes, it gives a third option of Drive assist plus with the text as in the example below:

Now I am only showing two options which are just speed assist with ACC and with steering assist, not the drive assist plus.

Is this something that can be enabled via coding? I thought it should be included with the Drive Assist Professional.. I also have ACC and full camera's if that makes any difference? I also don't have the 'Tesla like' center view of the surrounding traffic and auto lane change, but understood that this can be coded fairly easy. Hopefully the same with Drive Assist plus!

The car is from Germany and imported to the Netherlands..
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 11:59 AM   #2
alpineg20
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW m340i xDrive (Alpine)

Garage List
The third option isn’t always available; rather, the car will make it available under the right conditions, which are basically stop and go driving under 40 mph. You will have to select it when you are prompted by the car. Once you select it, the car will brake and accelerate based on the vehicle in front of you as long as you remain under 40 mph. Also, you will not have to tap the steering wheel to let it know you are still paying attention. And you are correct on the center view being able to be coded in.

Last edited by alpineg20; 10-29-2023 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: Adding extra text
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 06:17 AM   #3
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
gijsvnb ,

In addition to what @alpineg20 stated, you have to be on a limited access divided highway (Interstate) for it to be available.

It's really nice when you're caught in a traffic jam/stau.

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 06:53 AM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

You’re lucky as we don’t get this option in the U.K. no doubt due to some regulations
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 02:34 AM   #5
gijsvnb
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

All, thanks for the info! Most likely wont work due to same regulations as in the UK. Read that it is also disabled in Germany which is where I bought this car.

Too bad! Looks like a cool feature..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 08:38 PM   #6
calbearz24
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineg20 View Post
The third option isn’t always available; rather, the car will make it available under the right conditions, which are basically stop and go driving under 40 mph. You will have to select it when you are prompted by the car. Once you select it, the car will brake and accelerate based on the vehicle in front of you as long as you remain under 40 mph. Also, you will not have to tap the steering wheel to let it know you are still paying attention. And you are correct on the center view being able to be coded in.
Mine complained and shut off when I let go of the wheel for too long or looked away for more than a few seconds.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 03:23 AM   #7
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

I’m in the UK so no assist plus, but never really found it an issue. When in very slow stop / start traffic, the ACC remains on without touching the wheel most of the time as when the speed drops below about 3mph, the flashing amber goes back to green. Occasionally needed to hold the wheel if the traffic wasn’t stopping. Still makes traffic jams much more relaxing.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 05:47 AM   #8
gavinwong
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport

Garage List
2020 G20 330e  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gijsvnb View Post
Hi all!

Recently got my 2019 BMW 330i (G20) with the option "Driving Assistent Professional" which enables me for automatic lane keeping.

When looking at this video (and others):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJOYyBmsDg

I see an additional mode of driving assist plus which should enable TJA below 40Mph. When cycling through the driving assist modes, it gives a third option of Drive assist plus with the text as in the example below:

Now I am only showing two options which are just speed assist with ACC and with steering assist, not the drive assist plus.

Is this something that can be enabled via coding? I thought it should be included with the Drive Assist Professional.. I also have ACC and full camera's if that makes any difference? I also don't have the 'Tesla like' center view of the surrounding traffic and auto lane change, but understood that this can be coded fairly easy. Hopefully the same with Drive Assist plus!

The car is from Germany and imported to the Netherlands..
Thanks!
My car too is from Germany and bought through bmw NL back in 2021 as a bmw employee car. It is a 2020 year model with driving ass professional. Don’t have the 3rd option either, but works fine at controlling distance , speed, and lane positioning when in traffic. I think under 30km ph you don’t even need to touch the wheel.
On your comment about not being able to have the “Tesla style” view. My came with that. There is an option in the menu that asks what view you want displayed when driving assistance pro is activated. So you just need to toggle to that I believe instead of the bmw nav view
Appreciate 0