Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Charge pipe issues on 2019 330i

06-16-2022, 03:09 PM   #1
FightingPollo
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i

Charge pipe issues on 2019 330i

So I recently installed an FTP charge pipe. The installation was pretty smooth for the most part. double-checked connections to make sure everything was secure and tight. Took it out for a drive and it seemed solid. The next day though, I got a notification of drivetrain malfunction with reduced engine performance. I couldn't gas as much and noticed that with the RPM's it would not let me go past 4k. Or would struggle to go past it. I put back the stock charge pipe and everything was back to normal. No error notifications and was able to press down on the gas and RPM's go past 4k. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Looking for thought-out answers/solutions. This is the first car I mod so go easy
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 06:33 PM   #2
turnsignalslol
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 G87 M2

Wow, that sounds scary 💀

I bought the same pipe but haven't installed it yet but all of this bad exposure about the FTP pipe is making me nervous...

Are you sure that the clamps didn't come loose or anything? Another guy pdxdbo had a boost leak because one of the clamps came loose while he was on the highway

(link: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...0#post29031460)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 02:46 PM   #3
WagonGoneWild
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 330 M Sport Wagon

Garage List
Not sure if you've found an answer yet on the "drivetrain malfunction" message, but the same thing happened to me ('19 330 wagon) after an oil change. The mechanic said it was bad gas.. I ran 93 for a month, no change. Brought it to a Tulley BMW and it ended up being rodent damage to my engine harness which triggered a sensor. Comprehensive insurance covered it ($3000) and we're good as new.
Appreciate 0