Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Vibration under light acceleration

11-26-2023, 01:30 PM   #1
E__F
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i XDrive

Vibration under light acceleration

So for a bit I have been feeling fairly noticeable vibration in the car (Butt Dyno) between about 1100-2000rpms, usually between speeds 20-40mph. It doesn't seem bad necessarily but certainly something of note. I hadn't really thought much of it until I brought my car in for a software update and the dealer said they needed it an extra day to finish coding. When I picked it up the invoice showed "Transfer module/computer reprogrammed". First thought is spark plugs which I have bought and will change soon. Second was Motor mounts. Third was something driveline related. Last being just harmonic vibrations.

Fast forward to now I have since gotten BimmerLink and checked codes and see:

12 Motor electronics:
CD990B: FlexRay, message (request rear axle speed, 69.3.4): missing
CD990E: FlexRay, message (request front axle speed, 69.3.4): missing

19 Transfer box:
440216: Coupling function: Emergency function has been activated

5E Gear selector switch:
5E0311: MotorCurveFail

I did some googling and have found just about 0 information on these codes so hoping someone here can potentially shed some light. My new car warranty is over but have about 9 months left of CPO. I would like to have some idea before/if I decide/need to take the car in to the dealer.

Here is a short video of my engine revving to about 3k rpm (not sure of how much movement is normal)

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2023, 05:56 PM   #2
rahimhussainar@gmail.com
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

I have the exact same symptoms and codes!
If you find any info regarding this please update us!

There are a couple other threads regarding this as well but no information either.

Are you xdrive?

I’m xdrive 2020 m340i with around 70k miles.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 04:31 PM   #3
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

You can ignore the CD99 codes. They're present in almost all BMW cars, especially tuned ones.

I have no idea about the rest of the codes.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2023, 01:11 AM   #4
E__F
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahimhussainar@gmail.com View Post
I have the exact same symptoms and codes!
If you find any info regarding this please update us!

There are a couple other threads regarding this as well but no information either.

Are you xdrive?

I’m xdrive 2020 m340i with around 70k miles.
Yeah after a bit more reading sounds like this is fairly common and maybe normal? At this point I kind of hope so. I just can’t make much sense of the fault codes I’m seeing.

It is a xdrive.

If I find out more I’ll post it here. If you hear find any update on yours let me know as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2023, 01:13 AM   #5
E__F
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
You can ignore the CD99 codes. They're present in almost all BMW cars, especially tuned ones.

I have no idea about the rest of the codes.
Mine is completely stock but appreciate the bit of clarity with the CD99 codes. Do you know what they are referencing?

With the other codes they seem to come up with other folks as well but can't find any info on what they mean.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 08:41 AM   #6
prostcfc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

E__F I get the CD99 codes as well, non-tuned M340i xDrive. Supra guys get them too. Some people say it's "normal" for RWD cars, but clearly xDrive gets them as well. I clear them, and they come right back. I found this SIB from BMW, and it basically says to ignore these codes and they'll be ignored in future ISTA releases. This is an old document, so I'm curious if those scanning with ISTA see these anymore. Car drives fine, so I'm ignoring. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...52652-9999.pdf
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 10:46 AM   #7
E__F
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostcfc View Post
E__F I get the CD99 codes as well, non-tuned M340i xDrive. Supra guys get them too. Some people say it's "normal" for RWD cars, but clearly xDrive gets them as well. I clear them, and they come right back. I found this SIB from BMW, and it basically says to ignore these codes and they'll be ignored in future ISTA releases. This is an old document, so I'm curious if those scanning with ISTA see these anymore. Car drives fine, so I'm ignoring. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...52652-9999.pdf
Thanks for sharing that!

I recently had my 330ix in to have some things looked at and the foreman said the same thing about a few of the codes I was getting. Stating that "these new cars get a lot of phantom codes especially with 3rd party scanning devices". I use BimmerCode/Link.
Appreciate 0