Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Individual G21 M340i

04-26-2021, 09:40 AM   #67
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by verysideways View Post
1) driving
- this is easy. Faster but also more economical, quieter with the windows up and similar with windows down, and somehow the ride (despite half the sidewall!) is better... and it corners flatter. How can it ride better and corner flatter? Ah yes, centre of gravity. The SUV hides the compromises really well, but you get into the wagon and it's immediately apparent how much better it is than the suv for performance and comfort. The only downside is the height for seeing over hedges on narrow country lanes. In every other respect the wagon is better.

2) boot space
- broadly comparable though the shape is different, X3 space was squarer (cuber?). But the 3 series roller blind and dog guard are much easier to use and to store, and the split tailgate is brilliant. I forgot how good it was from my F31 340i. That ability to open just the rear glass is not to be underestimated. Use it every day.

3) rear seats
- again I'd say comparable, if anything more foot space but less headroom? But very little in it. Kids seats still fit, they're comfortable and happy.
Ace - food for thought in 2 years time! And the M3 touring should be out then
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2021, 03:25 PM   #68
Stevie_B
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i X-Drive Touring (due May

Quote:
Hey guys,
A few of you know I've been waiting for my new car to arrive and it did - and has now been to my friends at Autocurators for PPF and ceramic coating after sorting out the factory finish.

Here are a few pictures for those who are interested. I know it won't be to everyone's taste but I think it's come out reasonably well.

Comments welcome, good or bad.
Oh, and it's Peridot Green over Cognac.
Love the colour combo and spec on this, unique but really works!

I'm over in Swindon - picking up my G21 M340i in Dravit in a couple of weeks. Good to see a few of us in and around the local area.

I'm also planning on getting PS4S chucked straight on there and a ceramic coat job soon after - might ping you a DM to get your insight on that before I bite the bullet if you don't mind?
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2021, 06:17 PM   #69
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_B View Post
Quote:
Hey guys,
A few of you know I've been waiting for my new car to arrive and it did - and has now been to my friends at Autocurators for PPF and ceramic coating after sorting out the factory finish.

Here are a few pictures for those who are interested. I know it won't be to everyone's taste but I think it's come out reasonably well.

Comments welcome, good or bad.
Oh, and it's Peridot Green over Cognac.
Love the colour combo and spec on this, unique but really works!

I'm over in Swindon - picking up my G21 M340i in Dravit in a couple of weeks. Good to see a few of us in and around the local area.

I'm also planning on getting PS4S chucked straight on there and a ceramic coat job soon after - might ping you a DM to get your insight on that before I bite the bullet if you don't mind?
Very happy with the PS4S, the ppf, and the ceramic 😁👍
'02 Morgan Aero 8
http://petrolhead.tours
Appreciate 0