Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Safety Camera in ID7

05-06-2021, 02:30 PM   #155
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Noticed today when I hit the first speed camera on the route, it initially appeared in the HUD and caught my eye. A few seconds later it disappeared from the HUD and was then in the instrument cluster. Went into route warnings set up screen and had to reset it back to HUD.
Then switched driving modes and it did it again, switched to cluster and had to be set back to HUD in the options.

Thinking either yet another software bug, or it remembers a different preference for each driving mode.

See what happens next time I head down a route with cameras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-G View Post
The feature is working in my G22 coupe, but only showing the camera warning in the instrument cluster. I haven't passed any traffic light cameras yet, so don't know if the warning identifies the different types. I have several times altered the menu settings for the camera warning to appear in the HUD but this doesn't work. I hope to visit my BMW supplying dealer next week & will raise it with them, along with the invasive steering intervention system.

Did this to me last week, set it to HUD and then did an iDrive reboot and it's stayed in the HUD since.
I managed to get 5 days out of it before it reverts to the dash!
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 07:26 AM   #156
Mr-G
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 series coupé G22

I set the infotainment to appear in the HUD and would you believe at long last the safety camera warning now appears in the HUD as well. Found this fix on this forum - still awaiting any response from my BMW dealer!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 07:36 AM   #157
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3661 View Post
I managed to get 5 days out of it before it reverts to the dash!
There definitely seems to be some bugs with retaining settings

I had an issue where I'd select "Display Assisted Driving View" when it was activated so that it replaces the map with the picture of the car and other vehicles, but every time I switched off the ignition, it would unselect it. Then at probably the 5th attempt, it has retained it?!?! I haven't reboot or anything either.
Appreciate 1
Andy3661121.50
      05-25-2021, 02:27 AM   #158
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

I was driving yesterday and when approaching a speed camera the car announced “Warning! Speed camera ahead”. So it seems that’s been added to the functionality.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 02:29 AM   #159
chrisnoy
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 330e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
I was driving yesterday and when approaching a speed camera the car announced “Warning! Speed camera ahead”. So it seems that’s been added to the functionality.
It's April 1st already??
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 03:42 PM   #160
Ross_
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
I’ve driven past about 6 today, no audible warnings..

Although, over this I wish they’d just show the location on the map in digital cockpit, half the time they’re ahead of me and I’ll be turning before it anyway and because it doesn’t show me location I have no idea.

What’s sad, is my previous Megane had a much better implementation of this - audible warnings & showed them on the map with directional data.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 11:24 AM   #161
NthKent
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

The BMW Safety Camera app is good in terms of reliability but its big flaw is that it does not have audible alerts so, if you’re concentrating on urban traffic conditions, it would be possible to miss the icon in the middle of the tachometer (I never use my head up display so that is where I’ve set my icon to appear). Therefore. I still need to use my Cyclops Safety Camera app via my iPhone which works very well AND provides audible warnings via my car’s iDrive system and speakers.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 10:24 AM   #162
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NthKent View Post
The BMW Safety Camera app is good in terms of reliability but its big flaw is that it does not have audible alerts so, if you’re concentrating on urban traffic conditions, it would be possible to miss the icon in the middle of the tachometer (I never use my head up display so that is where I’ve set my icon to appear). Therefore. I still need to use my Cyclops Safety Camera app via my iPhone which works very well AND provides audible warnings via my car’s iDrive system and speakers.
Can I ask why you don't use the HUD, it's one of the best features?
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 01:44 PM   #163
docsubaru
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

If you push the button on the left stalk you can get audible alerts
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 01:38 AM   #164
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsubaru View Post
The BC button? How do you enable audible alerts as not seen that.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 09:44 AM   #165
Mr-G
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'd also be interested in how you activate voice alerts - I don't see the option on the left stalk in my 420i, it just cycles through display options on the instrument cluster.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 03:00 PM   #166
chrisnoy
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 330e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-G View Post
I'd also be interested in how you activate voice alerts - I don't see the option on the left stalk in my 420i, it just cycles through display options on the instrument cluster.
I am not sure either of these posts are correct. This is why I made reference to April 1st after the first post that said you could get audible alerts.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 03:06 PM   #167
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
I am not sure either of these posts are correct. This is why I made reference to April 1st after the first post that said you could get audible alerts.
Yes I’m sorry I was lying. Well spotted, you got me. As for the April 1st reference, oh my aching sides.

Since it hasn’t happened since and as no one else has had it then it may have been from Waze which I don’t use normally but had mucked about with on the day in question. But the BMW camera alert appeared in the HUD at exactly the same time as the audible alert so I made a fucking ridiculous assumption that the functionality had been added. If only I had chrisnoy to put me right I wouldn’t have looked like a cretin.

Last edited by xenon; 05-29-2021 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 08:50 AM   #168
docsubaru
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

If you push the left stalk button when an alert is showing, the visual alert disappears and you get audio spoken alerts in its place
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 01:49 PM   #169
Axeman15
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

Quote:
If you push the left stalk button when an alert is showing, the visual alert disappears and you get audio spoken alerts in its place
Doesn’t work for me
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 05:38 AM   #170
Mr-G
United Kingdom
Rep

As others have predicted, the safety camera warning is now displaying in the instrument cluster again, having previously been showing in the HUD for the last few weeks. I haven 't altered anything and it was showing in the HUD since I'd added infotainment to the HUD - the latter still displays in the HUD. BMW really needs to get its act together. Customers paying BMW prices are entitled to better. All this technology is no good if it doesn't perform properly. I hope someone from BMW reads these threads - as they should be doing
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 04:16 AM   #171
NthKent
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
Can I ask why you don't use the HUD, it's one of the best features?
I find HUD very distracting - never used it in any of my cars. I also never use cruise control either! 😀
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 11:38 AM   #172
Axeman15
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

Well, after nearly 2 months of camera warnings appearing in the HUD it has finally switched to the dash, even though it is still set to display in HUD.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 06:58 AM   #173
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 128ti

Route warnings

I recently purchased the Speed Camera Safety Information for my G20. I've set this to display on the HDU but when I come near a camera the system automatically changes from HDU to instrument panel. I actually just watched it doing this. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 07:30 AM   #174
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notleks24 View Post
I recently purchased the Speed Camera Safety Information for my G20. I've set this to display on the HDU but when I come near a camera the system automatically changes from HDU to instrument panel. I actually just watched it doing this. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this?
Try doing a reset, mine was the same and hasn't changed back since. Change to HUD then hold the volume knob in for 30 seconds till the iDrive resets.
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2023, 04:27 AM   #175
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

The speed camera alert bmw app appears to have been updated . On my g30 yesterday I note there is a soft bong now and if you open up the app, there is now an option for the aural notification

Note if it’s turned on, it briefly interrupts any audio source you may be listening to

I saw now announcement about his update and only noticed as I can up up to a camera and heard a bong, thought I had imagined it until I got the same on the next camera
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 08:45 AM   #176
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Same experience for me. Also for those who may be wondering, I'm only about half way through my subscription year for this app however an "Update apps" refresh introduced this aural notification so clearly applicable to current subscriptions and not just new purchases.
Appreciate 0