Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics iDrive & Connected Drive Interactrion

01-20-2020, 07:13 PM   #1
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
iDrive & Connected Drive Interactrion

Hi,

In my 2020 M340, I have software 07/2019.70 in my car and the BMW Connected App on my Samsung S8 is v6.2.3.5866. Whenever I am in my car, my phone sits in the wireless charger and is connected to the car via Bluetooth

Let me start by saying that it is working quite well, with remote functions, like engine start to climatize -- even remote 3D view works (though it does take a while to update). While I can send the car destinations quite easily with the App, there is one location-related set of functions that I can not figure out how they update. The App does a good job of reading events/activities off of my phone’s calendar and they generally show up in the App. Here are the areas that continue to be a challenge:
• Not everything that is in the App (as either an Activity or Destination) shows up when I click on the Connected Drive App in the iDrive
• There are old activities/destinations that are in the App (though I have gone in and deleted them individually) and on the iDrive Connected Drive App

How do I overcome these challenges? Should I be connecting the phone to the car via USB cable?

BTW, for purposes of the Connected App, what is the difference between an Activity and a Destination – seems like both are fed from my phone’s calendar

Appreciate your counsel & assistance

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0