Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Picked up my new 330e - Fuel consumption and electric range tested

Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #397
SteveinArizona
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranester1983 View Post
After several different attempts across different modes - it hasn't appeared to make any difference unless at motorway speeds - in which case I've found it's better on a journey to let the petrol engine engage at 68mph (Hybrid mode) and then conserve the rest for town / slower driving at the end.

Hybrid Eco Pro is the best overall really for economy though, although it does dumb a few things down a bit (including throttle response).
Two reasons for saving juice. First, if you are going to be driving into an area with a mandatory congestion zone; second, if you are going to be parked outside for a lengthy time when it is very hot or very cold so you want to save some juice to use the phone app to climatize the car. I do that in the summer in Arizona; save some juice when I am going golfing and take out my phone after the 17th hole and turn on the AC; by the time I get to the car it is comfortable despite temperatures around 110F.

I have the ability to use a 240 volt charger in my garage. So when I am doing local trips, I often set the car at electric drive and then just plug it back in when I get home.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #398
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Two reasons for saving juice. First, if you are going to be driving into an area with a mandatory congestion zone; second, if you are going to be parked outside for a lengthy time when it is very hot or very cold so you want to save some juice to use the phone app to climatize the car. I do that in the summer in Arizona; save some juice when I am going golfing and take out my phone after the 17th hole and turn on the AC; by the time I get to the car it is comfortable despite temperatures around 110F.

I have the ability to use a 240 volt charger in my garage. So when I am doing local trips, I often set the car at electric drive and then just plug it back in when I get home.
Yeah that all makes sense. We donít have congestion zones here in Scotland (yet) - and sadly our temperatures VERY rarely require a precool 😂
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:09 PM   #399
Chuckyarla
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M-Sport on order

At 9am it showed 100% charged and a range of 43kms. Itís now 5pm and it still says 100% charged but the range has dropped to 36kms. The car hasnít been moved all day. Is this normal?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:24 PM   #400
rf3000
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
At 9am it showed 100% charged and a range of 43kms. Itís now 5pm and it still says 100% charged but the range has dropped to 36kms. The car hasnít been moved all day. Is this normal?
I think the range isnít simply a last trip average consumption math. I see that having very similar last trip average, if I pick up the car when i use to make the least efficient trip it tells me a shorter range.

So there might be some pattern recognition and depending on the location&time it guesses where you might go next and your expected consumption.

... or maybe not.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:20 PM   #401
mofomat
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: R8 V10, BMW X5 (G05), BMW 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
The ambient temperature has dropped?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:29 PM   #402
Chuckyarla
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M-Sport on order

Itís 9.30pm now and the range has gone back up to 42kms!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:05 PM   #403
RoundRound
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 330e M Sport

Hey there, sorry to jump in,
I'm considering the new 330e, currently have the F30 version and love it!

Is Xtraboost mode needs to be specifically activated, or if you just floor iti in sports mode it's activated automatically? Thank you
Appreciate 0