Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Anti-dazzle coding on Laser?

01-23-2020, 06:09 PM   #89
tommytexter
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A6bullet View Post
Ah great to hear from an on the road user! If you could get video that would be a godsend!

Forgot to ask, did you see any difference in the output of the lights?
I got a chance to try it yesterday after coding it in.

I'm noticing that the high beams come on more frequently now and I did see it move around for a bit but I haven't been able to find a dark and quiet road to fully try it out. I'll see if my dashcam can pick it up and I'll post a video.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem brighter. Either another code need to be changed or it's a hardware limitation with the US spec headlights.
I don't feel like mine is brighter either
      01-23-2020, 07:04 PM   #90
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytexter View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Ah great to hear from an on the road user! If you could get video that would be a godsend!

I'm noticing that the high beams come on more frequently now and I did see it move around for a bit but I haven't been able to find a dark and quiet road to fully try it out. I'll see if my dashcam can pick it up and I'll post a video.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem brighter. Either another code need to be changed or it's a hardware limitation with the US spec headlights.
Activated anti dazzle are not brighter. When the auto high beams activate they simply don't blind on coming drivers by moving out of the drivers sight. They work really well. Very cool. .
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 08:32 PM   #91
tommytexter
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytexter View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Activated anti dazzle are not brighter. When the auto high beams activate they simply don't blind on coming drivers by moving out of the drivers sight. They work really well. Very cool. .
I am talking about laser in EU has 600m distance where north america only 300

01-23-2020, 11:57 PM   #92
azwillnj
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i xDrive

My dashcam got a cool video of a tunnel forming on the left side of a car merging onto the beltway in DC. I will get a bunch more this weekend on the way to DE. Also note that I was going uphill, it's tough to see in the video which is why the high beams seem low.

EDIT: The date wasn't set on the dashcam correctly, I took this video on 1/23/20.

View post on imgur.com

Last edited by azwillnj; Yesterday at 12:58 AM..
Appreciate 3
Poochie3467.50
A6bullet118.50

Yesterday, 03:56 AM   #93
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwillnj View Post
My dashcam got a cool video of a tunnel forming on the left side of a car merging onto the beltway in DC. I will get a bunch more this weekend on the way to DE. Also note that I was going uphill, it's tough to see in the video which is why the high beams seem low.

EDIT: The date wasn't set on the dashcam correctly, I took this video on 1/23/20.

View post on imgur.com
WoW, a million thanx!

You just confirmed, with a 100% certainty, that anti-dazzle works flawlessly in US-spec vehicles.

I'm stealing your video to prove the naysayers wrong
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:01 AM   #94
A6bullet
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: M2(gone). 2020 330i MSport

Quote:

View post on imgur.com
That is awesome, thanks so much for sharing! We can all live in hope that US laws will someday catch up tot he rest of the world and you guys wont have to deal with the BS.

Yesterday, 08:43 PM   #95
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:

View post on imgur.com
That is awesome, thanks so much for sharing! We can all live in hope that US laws will someday catch up tot he rest of the world and you guys wont have to deal with the BS.
Here in the US, since the early '90s, headlight glare is the number one complaint to the highway safety department, consistently, every year.

So the federal government is understandably very cautious in approving a technology that could possible increase the issue and further upset their constituents. They even specifically cited that this is reason for this delay in embracing smart headlights technology.

I predict the technology will eventually reach federal approval but it's going to take a lot of red tape to break through before we get there but until then, those of us that live on the fringes are still going to circumvent the law and code them in anyways..

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:55 AM   #96
homerjay
Rep
Drives: X5

What is the tunneling effect you guys are talking about?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:15 PM   #97
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Anyone in S/E PA that I can hire to code anti dazzle in my M340i? I have Laser.
I code everything I need through Bimmercode
but prefer not take this on.
Appreciate 0