Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Tartufo interior - anyone got one/thoughts?

01-12-2020, 12:28 PM   #1
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Tartufo interior - anyone got one/thoughts?

I've firmed-up on Tanzanite Blue for my G21 but am undecided between the Ivory White and Tartufo interiors. I've seen Ivory White - and know it works very well with the blue - but I'm thinking the Tartufo might also look good with the added benefit of being a touch easier to keep looking that way (and as I intend to keep the car for a minimum of 5 years - and probably longer - that's a consideration!).

Problem is, cars with the Tartufo interior seem about as common as hen's teeth so does anyone on here have any experience with it and/or some pictures of it they can post? I'm thinking it could give the interior a warm and classy feel but I might be talking rubbish in which case Ivory White it is!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 01:25 PM   #2
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Seen it before & i would agree that it's very nice & classy, however I do not like the lower part of the dash in the colour.
A combo I would strongly recommend is Fiona red /Fjord blue, saw it in Tanz II M340i and it was utterly gorgeous!

Last edited by OM3RTA; 01-12-2020 at 01:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

I think it would look great. Very similar to cognac but merino leather obviously. Here is a member with tartufo.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1648293
Appreciate 1
JNW13122.00
      01-12-2020, 01:28 PM   #4
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
Seen it before & inepuld agree that it's very nice & classy, however I do not like the lower part of the dash in the colour.
A combo I would strongly recommend is Fiona red /Fjord blue, saw it in Tanz II M340i and it was utterly gorgeous!
You could not get the extended merino and then the lower dash would be black.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #5
JNW1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
Seen it before & inepuld agree that it's very nice & classy, however I do not like the lower part of the dash in the colour.
I think you might be confusing Tartufo with Cognac? With the latter the lower part of the dash is the same colour as the seats but with Tartufo it's black.

I know it's a matter of personal taste but sorry, for me a red interior is a no-no!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #6
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
I think you might be confusing Tartufo with Cognac? With the latter the lower part of the dash is the same colour as the seats but with Tartufo it's black.

I know it's a matter of personal taste but sorry, for me a red interior is a no-no!
Depending on your market (I know this is in the UK section). In Canada we can get cognac vernasca on the seats and full black (upper and lower) dash in black leather.
Appreciate 1
JNW13122.00
      01-12-2020, 01:48 PM   #7
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Aye your right. I am, my bad! The tartufo is great choice. Don't write off the red as it's not as red as you think, definitely not as bright as the in the F30 & the blue broke it up lovely.
Appreciate 1
JNW13122.00
      01-12-2020, 01:56 PM   #8
JNW1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Quote:

Depending on your market (I know this is in the UK section). In Canada we can get cognac vernasca on the seats and full black (upper and lower) dash in black leather.
Ah, must be different on the other side of the pond! In the UK the lower half of the dash is the same colour as the seats if you have Vernasca leather (albeit the dash is plastic not leather!); however, the dash is black (again plastic) regardless of seat colour if you opt for Merino leather.

I think you get a leather dash if you opt for the full merino but a) that's not available in a colour I want and b) it costs £2,750 which is just too expensive for me!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 02:55 AM   #9
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
I've firmed-up on Tanzanite Blue for my G21 but am undecided between the Ivory White and Tartufo interiors. I've seen Ivory White - and know it works very well with the blue - but I'm thinking the Tartufo might also look good with the added benefit of being a touch easier to keep looking that way (and as I intend to keep the car for a minimum of 5 years - and probably longer - that's a consideration!).

Problem is, cars with the Tartufo interior seem about as common as hen's teeth so does anyone on here have any experience with it and/or some pictures of it they can post? I'm thinking it could give the interior a warm and classy feel but I might be talking rubbish in which case Ivory White it is!

Well you did ask...I don't like it!! too brown for me.

Personally I would go for ivory.

My F34 was Estoril Blue with Oyster interior - that was lovely and got many complimentary comments.

But it doesn't matter what I think...it's what you think that's important!!
Appreciate 1
JNW13122.00
      01-21-2020, 04:44 AM   #10
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

I ended up ordering the Full Ivory Merino (so that includes leather on the doors and dash), sight unseen, in a Sunset Orange M340i.
To me, Tartufo, Fiona Red and Fjord Blue are amazing and definitely would recommend.

With the Fiona Red and Fjord Blue, the bolsters of the seats are black which looks pretty cool. This isn't the case for the Ivory or Tartufo, which means we will be cleaning it all the time!

The reasons I opted for the Ivory were as follows:
1. I had Saddle Brown Dakota on my 340i so Tartufo felt too similar
2. Fiona Red is too close to my partner's F40 1er with Magma Red
3. Fjord Blue can only be ordered on individual build allocations (generally only twice per year)

I would say get the Tartufo on your colour. You can't get an all black dash with any Merino as they make all their leather coverings in every colour. The reason it's black with Vernasca is because they didn't bother to make the Vernasca colours, so it's always black.
Appreciate 1
JNW13122.00
      01-21-2020, 04:54 AM   #11
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
I ended up ordering the Full Ivory Merino (so that includes leather on the doors and dash), sight unseen, in a Sunset Orange M340i.
To me, Tartufo, Fiona Red and Fjord Blue are amazing and definitely would recommend.

With the Fiona Red and Fjord Blue, the bolsters of the seats are black which looks pretty cool. This isn't the case for the Ivory or Tartufo, which means we will be cleaning it all the time!

The reasons I opted for the Ivory were as follows:
1. I had Saddle Brown Dakota on my 340i so Tartufo felt too similar
2. Fiona Red is too close to my partner's F40 1er with Magma Red
3. Fjord Blue can only be ordered on individual build allocations (generally only twice per year)

I would say get the Tartufo on your colour. You can't get an all black dash with any Merino as they make all their leather coverings in every colour. The reason it's black with Vernasca is because they didn't bother to make the Vernasca colours, so it's always black.
Good choice!!

I was worried about the Oyster leather on my F34...The only issue I had was that the wife's jeans left a blue sheen on the driver's seat the first time she drove it - I gave it a clean and did the whole lot with a leather food/conditioner and never had any issues in four years after.

My current 330i has the black interior (not my first choice but couldn't ignore the deal) - it was only four months old when I got it...but the diffence in the leather was amazing when I fed/conditioned it. Something I suspect many owners overlook, well worth half an hour every few months keeping it in tip top condition.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 12:27 PM   #12
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340

I've got full tartufo. Went for Dravit grey and didnt want to have dark leather or go white.

I'm happy with it.

You have a point though, Blue and tartufo...?

This isnt my car but its the same combination.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1648293

Cracking photos too.
      01-24-2020, 04:09 AM   #13
JNW1
Major General
Rep

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and replies, after lengthy consideration and discussion with Mrs JNW1 I'm going with Tartufo! I do still really like the Ivory White and, as I have Oyster in my current F31, I know what it's like to maintain a lighter colour interior and wouldn't have had an issue with that; therefore, for me there wasn't a right or wrong choice, it was more a case of what sort of feel I wanted for the interior. There's no doubt the Ivory White looks very elegant and attractive but in the end I decided it had a bit of a "look but don't touch" vibe whereas the Tartufo offers - to me at least - a more warm and welcoming feel and that's why I've gone with that.

Just picking-up on queries about the wisdom of Tanzanite Blue with Tartufo, I think Midnight Blue with a Tan interior is actually a classic and long established colour combination and to my eye that's what Tanzanite and Tartufo is; one of the things that helped make-up my mind was seeing a Maserati parked-up in town with the Midnight Blue/Tan combination which I thought looked great! I also think Tanzanite is similar in some respects to Carbon Black (a bit less black, a bit more blue) and in the photos I've seen Carbon Black also seems to work very well with Tartufo.

So yes it's a bit of an unusual combination choice but one I'm pretty confident it will work - I certainly hope so as the intention is for this car to be a long-term keeper when it arrives!
Appreciate 2
V330d24.50
Seaford1124.00
      01-30-2020, 10:19 AM   #14
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Quote:
So yes it's a bit of an unusual combination choice but one I'm pretty confident it will work

Not unusual at all mate.

It is a classic colour combo which I'm sure will look wonderful.

I think I would go for a deep metallic red from the Individual paints, if costs were not an issue, but would go with the blue and that interior and would be more than happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 11:37 AM   #15
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post

I think I would go for a deep metallic red from the Individual paints, if costs were not an issue, but would go with the blue and that interior and would be more than happy with it.
Love me a red & I think the shades of blue that BMW do are the best in the mainstream brands BUT have you saw the Verde Ermes green?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 11:50 AM   #16
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

This was the colours I went with on the Individual builder....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0