Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Voice control for music

01-17-2020, 06:40 AM   #1
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Voice control for music

Every time I ask the system to play an artist or track it say's 'Preparing voice control for music search'. Is there a way to get it to work? It was working the day I picked the car up.

Last edited by Chuckyarla; 01-17-2020 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 04:45 PM   #2
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
Every time I ask the system to play an artist or track it say's 'Preparing voice control for music search'. Is there a way to get it to work? It was working the day I picked the car up.
Same problem, I wish I knew how to sort it. It initially worked on my M340i when new as well when I had music on a USB Stick. About 3 weeks ago I transferred my music off the USB stick into the Music Collection; about 15GB of music 3000 songs total. Ever since then it just says 'preparing voice control for music search". So I put the USB stick back in..same thing searching on USB or music collection.
So I got the USB stick from my wifes 1 series, put that in my M340i..same thing again.
So I then put 1 album with 10 songs on another USB stick and tried that; she still says 'preparing voice control for music search"

I contacted my dealer and they hadn't seen this before. So I made some audio recordings of me asking her to search music and the responses I got from her and have emailed them off to the dealer...awaiting to hear back.

I have been wondering how and when the assistant scans the music files and how long it takes. But the search and response was almost instantaneous when I had the music on the USB stick initially.

Frustrating and annoying really...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 10:00 AM   #3
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiTourer View Post
Same problem, I wish I knew how to sort it. It initially worked on my M340i when new as well when I had music on a USB Stick. About 3 weeks ago I transferred my music off the USB stick into the Music Collection; about 15GB of music 3000 songs total. Ever since then it just says 'preparing voice control for music search". So I put the USB stick back in..same thing searching on USB or music collection.
So I got the USB stick from my wifes 1 series, put that in my M340i..same thing again.
So I then put 1 album with 10 songs on another USB stick and tried that; she still says 'preparing voice control for music search"

I contacted my dealer and they hadn't seen this before. So I made some audio recordings of me asking her to search music and the responses I got from her and have emailed them off to the dealer...awaiting to hear back.

I have been wondering how and when the assistant scans the music files and how long it takes. But the search and response was almost instantaneous when I had the music on the USB stick initially.

Frustrating and annoying really...
Hi, did you get any word back from the dealer? Mine was working fine on Sunday but now it's back to 'preparing voice control for music search'.
Appreciate 0