Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK MPG and efficiency figures on Connecteddrive

01-24-2020, 09:52 AM   #1
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

MPG and efficiency figures on Connecteddrive

At present, despite having 11/2019 installed I have never had any MPG figures on the Connecteddrive portal.

I have had an email from BMW suggesting that an update to the Connecteddrive app could give those.

The email gave the instructions below. Is anyone familiar with this being available on the App as its totally new to me.

ConnectedDrive also advised that you should be able to see the MPG and efficiency in the Connected App rather than the portal by following these steps:

1. In your car press apps/all apps

2. Highlight ‘Install Apps’ (don’t click on this)

3. Go to ‘Options’

4. Click ‘Update apps and services’

5. Once this has been done, connect your phone to the USB to update the Connected App

6. You should then be able to view MPG and Efficiency through the app
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 03:05 PM   #2
Yorkshire330e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330e

Just tried that, it says updating apps and services on the idrive screen but it’s that fast I can’t believe anything has actually happened... then nothing is any different in the connected app...

Admittedly I’ve not tried driving it and then checking the connected app again but nothing has changed and without an updated version of the connected app am not really surprised...
I’ve seen what the driving analytics looked like in connected as my mate had the previous 330e and his did it, there was a tab in between remote and info... that needs to magically reappear!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 12:28 PM   #3
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

We’ve been driving the G20 330E since last Summer and BMW still can’t get the Connected Drive sorted. Shocking really.
Appreciate 0