Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Display menu page swipe

01-25-2020, 03:09 PM   #1
rajens00
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330xi

Garage List
Display menu page swipe

Quick question, even though it's a little embarrassing to ask. Whenever I swipe the display screen left or right to navigate to the next page the screen seems to go into edit mode as if I'm going to change a widget. The widget that I happened to touch during the page swipe will now have red borders to show its current and then the whole screen will zoom in a little and zoom back out again. It's just not making any sense to me, its behavior seems counterintuitive. if I swipe the screen I would expect it to change the page and nothing else. if the media button was highlighted before the swipe then it should remain highlighted after the swipe
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 03:40 PM   #2
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

You’re probably keeping your finger for a little too long before you actually start swiping? I have never had that issue while swiping. And to go to the widget edit mode, I have to keep my finger for a wee bit longer than normal to enter the edit mode. So I’m assuming you’re either swiping slow or keeping your finger on the widget for a bit too long before you start swiping or it registers it as a swipe.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 04:33 PM   #3
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Have you set up the other screens? If not, they are entering edit mode so you can add widgets. Only the home page comes pre setup.
Appreciate 0