Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK BMW Advanced Car Eye 3.0 Pro

12-29-2023, 08:37 AM   #133
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri888 View Post
Considering the ACE 3 soon. Has anyone considered what happens when time to change the car? Can it be swapped out easily enough?
I have the ACE 3 Pro fitted to both my car and my wife's but we intend keeping both cars for the foreseeable future so wasn't too concerned about removing them.

Considering your question, I don't think swapping them out would be a particularly viable proposition. The cameras themselves detach from the mounting pads which can easily be replaced (BMW offer them as a replacement part for a few quid) this is mainly to facilitate refitting the camera, the front one most likely, in the event of a windscreen replacement since the high impact adhesive pad on the mount will most likely be buggered if you tried to peel it off and re-stick it to a new screen.
I'm not sure whether or not the cameras themselves are separately available.
The biggest problem I'd envisage would be removing the wiring as the harness runs from front to rear of the car if both front and rear cameras are fitted and obviously a much shorter harness if just the front camera is fitted. Still there would be a significant amount of pulling trim apart to remove the harness or harnesses, which again I don't know whether or not they are available to purchase separately either.
Appreciate 0