Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Running extra cable through driver's door harnes

06-28-2023, 05:15 PM   #1
apez001
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Running extra cable through driver's door harnes

I am currently working on adding ambient lights to my car's front drivers side door. I need to pass a wire from the main control unit located in my center console, to the door. I have passed the wire through the circular hole located on the left of the pin sockets.

I was able to fish the wire through the car's wall as shown in the photo.

I want to pass this wire through the hole within the hole in the connector. Is there a way to slide the tubing off the connector to make this easier?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 09:10 PM   #2
MMnut
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

yes you can. There is a back plastic cover for the door wiring loom. Open the door fully then release the tab and you should be able to unlock the loom. You can slide the wire through an empty slot in the loom. make sure to have some extra length for the wire so when you re-lock the loom back in the cover, it does not get stretched.
Appreciate 0