Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions TCB Replacement at home. (Nightmare)

08-07-2023, 02:51 AM   #1
Danny6799
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i 2022

TCB Replacement at home. (Nightmare)

My TCB went bad on my 22 m340i. It doesn’t look like water damage when I pulled back the headliner but who knows. Long story short I’m tuned and I didn’t want to take my car to the dealership in fear that the first thing they would try is to update my car, which would re lock my ECU. So I decided to pull the trigger on a new TCB out of pocket from BMW. I knew it had to be coded to the car but I didn’t know at what length I would have to go to get it coded. BMW codes parts of the car together so that they can only be used with your car. Unfortunately that means that it wasn’t as simple as coding it. It requires a certificate from BMW directly. Initially I hired a company that said they could help me code it. They did code it but left me high and dry when they said I needed a certificate from BMW. After googling some more company’s I came across bimmer-remote.com. Within 15 minutes of talking to them I was in a remote session with one of their techs who was able to get it all taken care of. I wish I went to them from the start. At the end of it I ended up spending about $800 for the new TCB, Battery, and coding. From other threads I’ve read that a TCB can cost upwards of $1400 after labor. My car is tuned so there was no way I was gonna pay almost double just for the chance that my ECU gets locked and I have to send it back to Finland. If any of you guys ever need to replace your TCB I recommend you contact bimmer-remote.com or kubax86. 10/10 would recommend.

TLDR: I needed my TCB coded to the car and no one was able to do it expect kubax86
Appreciate 0