Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - California Software Revert??

04-16-2022, 07:44 PM   #1
Narek_M4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I

Software Revert??

Hey yall, i recently took my 2020 M340i in for service and the dealer updated my car to 7/2021.40 from 7/2019.36. My car sounds a whole lot quieter, no more pops bangs crackles on downshift or even on upshift. Cold start is also quieter and the car feels less torquey. This shit really pissed me the f off and im trying to figure out a way to go back to what I had. Does anyone know of a dealership or a place where they can revert the software cause I know BMW has the tech to do so.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2022, 05:53 PM   #2
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Unfortunately you can't go back - you're only option to get back what you had is a flash (this because what you are after was created in the cars computer aka DME). And if you don't want engine performance Mission Performance has an option that only addresses exhaust dynamics and will get you back to where you were originally with your 2020 or something more aggressive if that's what you want. They are local to you in SoCal. Of course you can also layer in engine performance too if thats what you want.

A piggyback (JB+, JB4, Racechip) has no control over your DME so they will have little to no impact on your exhaust.

Any flash (Mission Performance, BM3, MHD, Dinan, Carbauhn) will also get you exhaust "noise" back along with engine performance but I believe MP is the only offering exhaust independent of engine performance gains

Hope this helps

ps- I too drive a 2020 and avoided a dealer visit until a recall caught up with me
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 11:19 AM   #3
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

For what it’s worth, I tuned my 2020 with Mission Performance stage2 and it did help a bit with exhaust producing a few more pops, but it’s not the same as it was before the update - believe they detuned the transmission for better drivability in sport+ so it seemingly sits a gear higher during normal driving. Maybe a transmission tune would help but I’m not sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 04:12 PM   #4
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTanks52 View Post
For what it’s worth, I tuned my 2020 with Mission Performance stage2 and it did help a bit with exhaust producing a few more pops, but it’s not the same as it was before the update - believe they detuned the transmission for better drivability in sport+ so it seemingly sits a gear higher during normal driving. Maybe a transmission tune would help but I’m not sure.
As an existing MP customer - you'll get the new app for free when it is launched - and that'll give you (among other things) a few more exhaust options in terms of aggressiveness
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 02:26 PM   #5
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
As an existing MP customer - you'll get the new app for free when it is launched - and that'll give you (among other things) a few more exhaust options in terms of aggressiveness
Thanks Chenry, first heard about the app almost a year ago, it was still in beta when I got my tune and asked Alex about it. Do you know if it’s still in development, or any other insight you can share into its’ eventual release?
Appreciate 0