Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Formula 1 - Round 1, Australian Grand Prix

03-19-2019, 09:08 AM   #23
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Ferrari was quick in testing going into the 2018 season. They backed it up with pace in the regular season. They showed legitimate speed right away, after Australia Ferrari fired off 3 straight poles in Bahrain, China, and Azerbaijan. I guess everyone was expecting the same thing as last season. I wouldn't be so quick to count them out yet. Australia can be a bit of an anomaly.
Agreed. 8 months of development and 20 races to go.
I wouldn't count Ferrari out, but I'm afraid their improvement might be even slower than last year. Unless they found out what happened to vettel's Power Unit before Bahrain and have a quick fix.
      03-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #24
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I wouldn't count Ferrari out, but I'm afraid their improvement might be even slower than last year. Unless they found out what happened to vettel's Power Unit before Bahrain and have a quick fix.
Wouldn’t it be ironic if at the end of the season Ferrari rue the decision to tell LeClerc to back off and let Vettel beat him? LeClerc is going to be a force in that team IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 10:00 AM   #25
MassNerd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Coupe RWD

Garage List
What the hell Haas?!

Your car is looking really fast, but you still can't figure out how to change tires without them falling off?
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #26
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Lewis wasnt happy but it was Bottas's happiest day ever though..
he probably felt lighter of leaving the seat next year.. but i guess one way or another he ll go.. unfortunately.. i really dont like Ocon..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 09:59 PM   #27
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
It seems to be a flip of last year. Australia 2018 Mercedes was the more composed car on track, while the Ferrari looked more on edge. Ferrari started to reign in their car and gained speed quickly early in the season. This year in Australia the Mercs look very skittish and the Ferrari looked very planted. From the eye test, Mercedes looks like they could have more speed to unlock. Even just going down the front straight, Lewis's car was moving all over the place.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 09:06 AM   #28
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
It seems to be a flip of last year. Australia 2018 Mercedes was the more composed car on track, while the Ferrari looked more on edge. Ferrari started to reign in their car and gained speed quickly early in the season. This year in Australia the Mercs look very skittish and the Ferrari looked very planted. From the eye test, Mercedes looks like they could have more speed to unlock. Even just going down the front straight, Lewis's car was moving all over the place.
Especially in qualifying, Hamilton's Merc looked more knife-edge and nervous on the bumps and corners.