Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 2020 Toyota Supra Spy Shots

Closed Thread

07-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #661
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

^Yup, post #622. Toyota Europe has confirmed the use of a straight six.

On another note, in this latest spy shot the camo has dropped on the mirrors and center lip. We can also see the top of the seats.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 10:38 PM   #662
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyDC4 View Post
If the speculated weight is accurate this car might be getting an NA V6!
Its Not - Toyota said Supra is known for Turbo Inline 6 and new one will continue that tradition.
Sure would be nice if Nissan has kept to this and not done a stupid V6 in the R35.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 12:04 AM   #663
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Heres another look at the liftback.

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #664
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Mirrors aren't missing, they're just tiny. Cameras perhaps? The aero advantages would be huge.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 09:54 AM   #665
Gazorpazorpfield
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Mirrors look like they are folded in.
Appreciate 2
supra932474.00
      07-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #666
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Toyota Europe just posted a larger and clearer 5000x2812 version of the teaser.

Quote:
The legend returns

The Toyota Supra A90 prototype is set to make its world debut appearance at the prestigious Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018.

Last edited by supra93; 07-08-2018 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #667
Inuyasha
“One finds limits by pushing them”
Rep
Drives: M2C

Looks mean 😈
Appreciate 1
supra932474.00
      07-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #668
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 09:29 PM   #669
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
What the- Looks like it has double layer side skirts!
Attached Images

07-08-2018, 09:37 PM   #670
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Its an air vent panel.

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 09:53 PM   #671
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Specs and pricing are big turn off not to mention lack of manual option for a niche small 2seater.

Needs to have over 450hp if its gonna be priced around $65k

The mirrors, steering wheel, shift knob etc are all 3series parts bin.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 10:05 PM   #672
supra93
Colonel
Rep

They did said it was still a prototype, so I think some parts are still subject to change.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #673
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Toyota Supra: See the Legend Return

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-supr...-legend-return

Quote:
The hotly anticipated new Toyota Supra sports car will make its public debut in prototype form at the 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed.

The development model will be seen in action for the first time anywhere in the world on the famous hill course at the Festival, making a fitting contribution to the event’s silver jubilee year. The prototype will be driven by two of the people leading its development: chief engineer Testuya Tada, who has overall responsibility for the Supra project, and master driver Herwig Daenens.

Following the announcement of a new Toyota Supra at the Geneva Motor Show in March, Toyota confirms that the model will be faithful to its distinguished heritage. "It will be a pure, thoroughbred sports car that uses a front-mounted, in-line six-cylinder engine and rear-wheel drive."

The Toyota Supra prototype will be camouflaged in the black-red-and-white colours of Toyota Gazoo Racing – the same colours which adorned Toyota’s 24 Hours of Le Mans winning TS050 Hybrid this year – and will be in action on the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the Festival.

Fans will also have the chance to take a close look at the Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept. Created by Toyota Gazoo Racing (TGR), this concept heralded the return of the Supra name when it was unveiled at this year’s Geneva Motor Show. It explores the potential for a high-performance competition model, featuring dramatic bodywork crafted in advanced, lightweight composite materials, with lowered suspension, racing wheels and cockpit equipped to competition standards.

TGR is the organisation which spearheads Toyota’s global sporting programme and the development of exclusive, performance-focused, GR-branded road cars, including the recently introduced Yaris GRMN. In the FIA World Endurance Championship, TGR achieved Toyota’s first victory in the 24 Hours of Le Mans with a one-two finish in this year’s race. The #8 Toyota TS050 Hybrid which claimed the historic victory will be on display in the competition paddock at Goodwood.

TGR also competes at the highest international level in the FIA World Rally Championship with the Yaris WRC. It has claimed two victories in its debut season in 2017 and scored a win on Rally Argentina and a number of podium finishes so far this year.

Toyota expects its new Toyota Supra to reach the market during the first half of 2019.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #674
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Tetsuya Tada reveals the secrets of the Toyota Supra before its presentation

https://www.motor.es/noticias/entrev...201848191.html

Quote:
The father of the Toyota Supra reveals the secrets of his latest creation. In this interview, he tells us about development keys, what he has been inspired and what are the objectives of this sporty front engine, rear-wheel drive and fully racing approach.

During the 24 hours of Le Mans we were once again able to approach Tetsuya Tada, chief engineer and development of the Toyota Supra . As he is responsible for all aspects of the car (design, development, sales, competition) he did not teach the Toyota Supra GR Concept once again and as he did during his debut where we were able to interview him, he continued to tell us some information about the sporting future of the car. brand. Our colleague David Sánchez de Castro had the privilege of talking with him:

GR Concept When can we see the car in competition?

" The concept of the car has been developed under the specifications of the competition category, you can probably see it this month, this car has been tested particularly in competition conditions, which means that all the information we have obtained from the specifications of We used the category of competition for the production of cars, that was our goal. "

How about the FIA?

" In terms of FIA I can not answer because competition is part of my tasks but it's not really my main field of work, but the fia are responding great and we hope to be able to compete soon "

Toyota Gazoo Racing, aims to not only have vehicles competing, but also to market a range of vehicles that also represent it. According to the strategic plan of the brand, the Supra will be the spearhead, although there will be other models with the logo of the sports division of the manufacturer, such as the Yaris GRMN that we tested in its international presentation.

Why has it been decided to base the concept of the Supra in the competition?

" In my private life I participate in rallies and races, in my opinion, driving a car on a race track is how you can see if you have got the maximum power of the car because you are pushing the car to the limit. the thrill of driving a car to the limit and I want people to feel the same when driving a Toyota, that's my motivation to keep improving. "

Have you met Fernando Alonso and would you like him to try the Supra to get his opinion?

" So far I have not talked to him personally so we do not plan to try the Supra, but I would love to visit Spain and meet him to explain our work. "

¿ When you worked in the Corolla TET, Carlos worked closely with some aspect of the vehicle?

" At the time I was not working directly on the development of the vehicle, so we did not agree, Sainz is a hero, he has inspired me a lot. "

¿ What inspires you when designing a car?

" In my daily work I have many different vehicles to launch on the international market, so I try to drive them as much as I can to experience each car, each week I drive a different car, which allows me to know what positive aspects each one offers me. It offers you different kinds of good experiences It is very important for me to experience the car with my own body, evaluate each part individually and together.

For example, this new Supra, if I try it to experience the behavior of the car in the first person and say: yes, this is what I want to feel! Then I try to embody my experience, all the good experiences that driving offers me, in the Supra. I think this is the best way to form the concept of the vehicle. "

¿ Which category will participate?

" We are still researching to find out which category will participate in. There are many aspects that we have to think about before choosing the category, if you take a look at the current sports cars, each year they show updates, offer limited editions, etc., and our intention is to do the same. "

I imagine that you have driven many sports cars and that in them, the electronic system is very important to improve the driving experience. What new features does Toyota offer us to improve the driving experience?

"I used to work as an engineer before, so my field is electronics, I was mainly in charge of ABS and traction control, which means that I used to take control of the car's computer long before it was normally done in the However, speaking of the new Supra, personally, I do not like that the improvements of the car depend mainly on the electronic system.

I like basic and simple cars, but as you said, with the most current technology and programming a better and more intelligent system, you get unique experiences. In this new Supra we have focused on giving a real driving experience. The biggest improvement it offers is the differential. We have not used the natural technology of progress. We present a new and unique proposal and we hope to give you a new and original experience with this new Supra. "

¿ When to begin production and when we try this new experience?

" The production and sale will start next year, but of course we want you Spaniards to try it first to know your opinion and be part of the improvement of the vehicle. "

¿ What was the first step in designing the Supra?

" The first step I took was to go around the world asking Supra fans to understand what key elements should be without fault in the new Supra, they just did not want a" revival "of the model. Central engine, rear-wheel drive, a good six-cylinder turbo engine and real driving, we decided these two things first and started from there. "

And what was the last step?

" Well, we have not finished yet, but I think that, although it is still in the process of development, we are totally convinced that it is already a great producer, we have half a year to dedicate it to introducing improvements and increasing quality. "

Are you going to put the car on circuits to get records or is not that your goal?

As with the GT86, we do not aim to break records, yet the new Supra is achieving fantastic times.

What aspect of this car are you most proud of?

What I am most proud of is to offer the best sports car on the market at a price that any car fan could afford.

The Toyota Supra will debut on the track at the Goodwood Festival of Speed although we will have to wait a little longer to see its final appearance, as it will make an appearance with a camouflage vinyl. To see it fully exposed we will have to wait until the end of summer. Attentive to motor.es

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #675
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Needs to have over 450hp if its gonna be priced around $65k
Some of you are smoking CRACK. A 2 seater that pumps out 450hp is NOT going to be had for $65K. Not unless it's wearing a bow-tie and a fleur-de-lis, or a "little pony" on the fender.

And even then, expect at least 400-900 more lbs in weight than this car.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #676
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Posted by lemetier on MKV forum. If correct, it looks like Toyota is forgoing the B48 with 195hp.

Appreciate 1
420Coupe222.50
      07-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #677
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra93 View Post
Posted by lemetier on MKV forum. If correct, it looks like Toyota is forgoing the B48 with 195hp.

I'm letting that one sit for a little while

Here's the BMW side for the Z4 (ZF Transmission Technical Production Schedule)
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
420Coupe222.50
supra932474.00
      07-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #678
RSAUTOSPA
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

absolutely gorgeous car does anybody know when production starts?
      07-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #679
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Some of you are smoking CRACK. A 2 seater that pumps out 450hp is NOT going to be had for $65K. Not unless it's wearing a bow-tie and a fleur-de-lis, or a "little pony" on the fender.

And even then, expect at least 400-900 more lbs in weight than this car.
This is a TOYOTA badge at end of the day not BMW or Porsche.

You going to deal with crappy Toyota dealers specializing in $25k Camry and RAV4s! The price needs to reflect the brand. Toyota has ZERO to offer enthusiasts in terms of aftermarket parts/events/support etc.

Chevy has more credibility at this point and actually has dealers that focus on Vettes and Camaro clients.

Toyota dealers will be marking up price by $10-20k believe me.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #680
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

Faak this is so boring
Appreciate 2
NickyC17356.00
      07-10-2018, 05:41 PM   #681
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #682
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Aren't we going to see the Z4 reveal before the Supra? Shouldn't this thread be pillaging information from Z4 leaks?