Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Window B-pillar trim scuffed

02-25-2024, 11:26 AM   #1
supest
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

Window B-pillar trim scuffed

Hey

I have frustratingly scuffed my OSF window's B-pillar post on a pillar whilst getting out.

I've buffed most of the scuffs out but there's a little graze (picture below) that has scratched through the paint.

Anyone have any practical ideas on how to get rid/camo the graze? I was thinking of using some sort of paint that matches with the trim but not sure how to get the right paint.

Any help would be appreciated, TA!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 12:09 PM   #2
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

If you dabbed that several times with a good quality permanent black marker you’d still see it but I bet that nobody else would (until you pointed it out). Maybe worth trying as a temporary fix, until you do it properly.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 04:04 PM   #3
Arthur55
Private
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport touring

I used a Sharpie permanent marker on my last car......

But once you know it's there !!

Don't know but do those trim pieces just click on and off?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 04:05 AM   #4
a.summers86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 MSport Pro

You can just buy the trim if it is bothering you that much.

Just clips on and off.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 06:49 AM   #5
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by supest View Post
Hey

I have frustratingly scuffed my OSF window's B-pillar post on a pillar whilst getting out.

I've buffed most of the scuffs out but there's a little graze (picture below) that has scratched through the paint.

Anyone have any practical ideas on how to get rid/camo the graze? I was thinking of using some sort of paint that matches with the trim but not sure how to get the right paint.

Any help would be appreciated, TA!
Halfords Jet black Gloss touch up pen, nice and fine and perfect match to high gloss black shadowline, recently used it for a very similar chip on the wife's 220i. I only remember it's there when I wash her car it blends intuit well it's virtually unnoticeable!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 08:19 AM   #6
supest
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I had looked for replacements online and stumbled across some videos. It didn't look clip-on/clip-off to me. Anyways, I think getting a replacement for a small ding may be a bit too extreme

The Halfords touch-up pen looks like a good fix! Is this the one you were referring to, bmnut? https://www.halfords.com/motoring/pa...ck-386789.html
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 12:48 PM   #7
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by supest View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I had looked for replacements online and stumbled across some videos. It didn't look clip-on/clip-off to me. Anyways, I think getting a replacement for a small ding may be a bit too extreme

The Halfords touch-up pen looks like a good fix! Is this the one you were referring to, bmnut? https://www.halfords.com/motoring/pa...ck-386789.html
Yup! That’s the one. Worked really well!
Appreciate 0