Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Dealerships selling new M340i with gloss black grill?

04-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #1
pebblebeach
BMW Addict
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 6MT

Dealerships selling new M340i with gloss black grill?

I'm shopping a few M340s in the SoCal area and have noticed that a few have the gloss black grille instead of the cerium grey. I like this better. The majority of the cars available have the cerium grey grille.

Did BMW change this during production at some point? It's not an option during build that I see.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 01:58 PM   #2
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblebeach View Post
I'm shopping a few M340s in the SoCal area and have noticed that a few have the gloss black grille instead of the cerium grey. I like this better. The majority of the cars available have the cerium grey grille.

Did BMW change this during production at some point? It's not an option during build that I see.
dealers bought the gloss black 330i grill on and swapped it out.

personally don't like it as it doesn't match the mirrors or exhaust tips or front lower trim. if they had a true black package like Canada etc get it would look better
Appreciate 1
EXE462100.00
      04-29-2020, 02:03 PM   #3
RedKloud
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
dealers bought the gloss black 330i grill on and swapped it out.

personally don't like it as it doesn't match the mirrors or exhaust tips or front lower trim. if they had a true black package like Canada etc get it would look better
There is a black mesh grill too which is just like the original but black. I agree - if you are installing the black grill, should change all other Cerium trim pieces as well, which many here have done.
Appreciate 1
raj91426.00
      04-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #4
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKloud View Post
There is a black mesh grill too which is just like the original but black. I agree - if you are installing the black grill, should change all other Cerium trim pieces as well, which many here have done.
yeah the black mesh grill i haven't seen dealers in the US putting on though. that is the one they get in the shadowline package or whatever option in canada / europe.

I think the part number people have been ordering in the US and just putting it on themselves though.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 01:40 AM   #5
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
yeah the black mesh grill i haven't seen dealers in the US putting on though. that is the one they get in the shadowline package or whatever option in canada / europe.

I think the part number people have been ordering in the US and just putting it on themselves though.
In Europe it is called "Shadowline with extended contents". It changes the grill to black gloss, tailpipes to black gloss, mirrors in body colour and little bits in the front bumper are also changed to black gloss.

Only parts that stay in cerium is the model designation and little M logo.

Black grill should be also available as M performance part, if you can not order the shadow line.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 07:31 PM   #6
Conezz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20

The black mesh grille is the best looking one and a great look for the 330 which doesn’t have the ugly cerium grey parts on the bottom grille.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 01:29 PM   #7
del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusAdam View Post
Quote:

In Europe it is called "Shadowline with extended contents". It changes the grill to black gloss, tailpipes to black gloss, mirrors in body colour and little bits in the front bumper are also changed to black gloss.

Only parts that stay in cerium is the model designation and little M logo.

Black grill should be also available as M performance part, if you can not order the shadow line.
The UK version is all the above but wing mirrors in gloss black and model designation in dark grey. So the bits exist and maybe a distributor in the US could find a way of shipping them in?