Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums CANADA I bought a used M340i and it has issues, plus new drama

08-03-2020, 11:39 AM   #67
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaoKS View Post
I asked in a previous post but want to ask again so I can understand.. the groaning noise that you're concerned with in your video that occurs when you're turning the wheel while stationary - I'm guessing this is when you're in reverse or drive and holding your foot on the brake, correct? Does the noise still exist when you turn the wheel with the vehicle on but in park and your foot off the brake?
In motion, there is no noise. Yes, while stationary and If I have to dry steer for whatever reason, like coming out of a tight space.

In my last service, after I escalated with them, they finally took a closer look and said the shock mounts need to be replaced, so I'm patiently waiting for the part to come in.

The brake noise is still bloody loud and annoying, If I stop normally they chirp and it's loud. if I stop slowly they squeal, and when autoH is activated the car jolts harder then without.

Last edited by DanVlnStud; 08-29-2020 at 01:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 03:13 PM   #68
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
The noise from the steering near/at the steering limit may be a result of the strut spring binding in the lower spring pad (#2), top piston protector (#4) or from the Guide support (#5) in the strut assembly. Please refer to this link for #s referenced - https://bimmercat.com/bmw/en/search/...iX/USA/31_1557

If you are up to continuing to diagnose yourself, try spraying a silicon lub on coil springs where they makes contact in the strut assembly.
Thanks for the info, but I'm not about to fix anything myself even If I already know-how.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:17 AM   #69
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB440xiGC

Parkview is horrible. Someone else in another forum took their car in for an oil change and got his car back without anything done to it. T They proved on the forum by marking the filter and the car came back with the same marking he put on.
Run away from Parkview service.
Write to BMW Canada and post in their Facebook etc. and they should take care of you. I have had good experiences from Pfaff BMW so may want to try their. If all else fails stop paying lease to get BMW's attention. Tell them you won't pay until they fix car. Last option is CAMVAP Google it( this is a last ditch kind of deal as it is paid for by manufacturers).
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #70
CDN-Driver
Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 Porsche 718 Cayman

Note that BMW Canada does not participate in CAMVAP, so they cannot help.

All Canadian BMW owners and prospective owners should complain to BMW Canada about their lack of participation in CAMVAP.

I emailed them about this before I bought my last car (an Audi). I will again before buying my next car, whatever it is.

Email customer.service@bmw.ca
      08-05-2020, 12:00 PM   #71
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN-AWD View Post

All Canadian BMW owners and prospective owners should complain to BMW Canada about their lack of participation in CAMVAP.

I emailed them about this before I bought my last car (an Audi). I will again before buying my next car, whatever it is.

I feel there is a lack of protection for customers that face dealership fraud. I've already contacted Erica Johnson from CBC. She's an investigative reporter.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #72
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMSport2 View Post
Parkview is horrible. Someone else in another forum took their car in for an oil change and got his car back without anything done to it. T They proved on the forum by marking the filter and the car came back with the same marking he put on.
Write to BMW Canada and post in their Facebook etc. and they should take care of you. I have had good experiences from Pfaff BMW so may want to try their. If all else fails stop paying lease to get BMW's attention. Tell them you won't pay until they fix car. Last option is CAMVAP Google it( this is a last ditch kind of deal as it is paid for by manufacturers).
Yes, they've lied about repairs on my vehicle recently and in the past. I've asked for service records, and I don't see anything done. I went into the dealership yesterday to ask for the receipt for the most recent repairs and they were resistant to give it to me, they made me wait until I had to just leave for work. Of course, I raised hell. I get an email back saying the claim they made to BMW Canada to fix my carpet was denied. Obviously, not taking responsibility for the damage they caused.

Last edited by DanVlnStud; 08-29-2020 at 01:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #73
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Floor Mats Under Light!

To prove there was nothing on top of the floor mats. Here are more pics of the floor mats I brought into the house, vacuumed and put under light.
Attached Images

Last edited by DanVlnStud; 08-05-2020 at 11:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 12:42 AM   #74
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanVlnStud View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanabob View Post
Hi there,
I live in Toronto too and I have the same car as yours (demo) only 1000miles when I bought it and I never had any of this issues! Only the brakes whistles sometimes when coming to a stop but that's because of not being to aggressive on them so when I brake harder after a few times the whistles disappear!
I understand your frustration 'cause I had many problem on my previous car 2013 335xdrive!
At that time I ended up doing this:
https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/contact.html
chose product then product also and write your complain!
it will go to BMW germany in the next few hours and first thing in the morning stealership will have it up their asses!
just tell them u brought the car there a couple of times and they're unable to solve any problem, they just keep saying that they fixed the issue!
May I know which dealership are you dealing with?
I hope this is going to help you!

Thank you for contacting BMW Canada.

It was with great disappointment that we read of your concerns regarding your service experiences with Parkview BMW. BMW Canada strives to provide you with not only a premium vehicle, but also a premium experience each and every time you interact with one of our authorized retailers. We cordially suggest that you work with the service management team at Parkview BMW to discuss your concerns and seek a resolution, as they are in charge of the day-to-day operations of their service center. It is important to note that, as each authorized BMW retailer is independently owned and operated, BMW Canada is not in a position to influence their decision on this matter. We hope you understand our position in this regard.

With your permission, we would be happy to forward your comments directly to the service management team of Parkview BMW, and request that they contact you. Please reply to this message to confirm whether you would like us to take this action on your behalf.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Customer Interaction Centre at 1-800-567-2691. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.

Sincerely,

Levi Fagnan
BMW Canada

So basically they can't do anything.
Damn that's bullshit! I'd raise hell and take them to court.
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2020, 01:27 AM   #75
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
Damn that's bullshit! I'd raise hell and take them to court.
My lawyer says its criminal fraud and a civil matter.

Last edited by DanVlnStud; 08-19-2020 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 04:16 PM   #76
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
I'll sue them for the entire cost of the car, and criminal negligence.
Man, reading your story makes me so mad!

I had a similar experience with my Volvo dealer with my S40T4, the first car I owned in 1998. they sold me floor mats that they bought from China and sold them at full OEM price! When I went for service, they stripped my car for repair parts and charged the receiving customer for new parts. I got the bad part and they repeated the carrousel on me and another ignorant customer. I subscribed a Volvo full omnium insurance at the dealers only to discover I wasn't insured at all! etc... etc...

Drag them to court and get your facts very well sorted out and lined up. Ask for full indemnation and let then bleed! I must say that BMW Canada is totally not taking any responsability. It's not because their dealers are private owned, that they can't impose quality standards and revoke their accreditation with BMW officially!! What a bunch of crooks! Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2020, 07:39 AM   #77
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Man, reading your story makes me so mad!

I had a similar experience with my Volvo dealer with my S40T4, the first car I owned in 1998. they sold me floor mats that they bought from China and sold them at full OEM price! When I went for service, they stripped my car for repair parts and charged the receiving customer for new parts. I got the bad part and they repeated the carrousel on me and another ignorant customer. I subscribed a Volvo full omnium insurance at the dealers only to discover I wasn't insured at all! etc... etc...

Drag them to court and get your facts very well sorted out and lined up. Ask for full indemnation and let then bleed! I must say that BMW Canada is totally not taking any responsability. It's not because their dealers are private owned, that they can't impose quality standards and revoke their accreditation with BMW officially!! What a bunch of crooks! Good luck!
Thanks for the info. It seems they will do anything to make a dirty buck.
Currently, my car is in service at another BMW Dealer, and they can't find the issue with my brakes and sounds like they burnished my brakes as my other dealer did burning through half a tank of gas. I know depending on how aggressively they burnish them will very temporarily quite them for maybe a day. I specifically told them not to drive or burnish my brakes because I can very well do that myself, but I see 13km and 20km of fuel burnt. I know 13km isn't much, but still, after I explained to them not to, it's making me so upset. I made a website with my diagnostics video, and the issue is clear as day, so there was no need to test drive it when they could have taken a closer look. '
Also, what really has me worried is that they are saying my front tires are edging and worn down to 2mm, and my back tires are down to 5mm when I just had the right rear replaced with new ones, and the rest were relatively new and re-mounted in April, and since then it was less than 1000km ago.

Last edited by DanVlnStud; 08-29-2020 at 01:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #78
Firaxis
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Thanks for the info. It seems they will do anything to make a dirty buck.
Currently, my car is in service at another BMW Dealer, and they can't find the issue with my brakes and sounds like they burnished my brakes as my other dealer did burning through half a tank of gas. I know depending on how aggressively they burnish them will very temporarily quite them for maybe a day. I specifically told them not to drive or burnish my brakes because I can very well do that myself, but I see 13km and 20km of fuel burnt. I know 13km isn't much, but still, after I explained to them not to, it's making me so upset. I made a website with my diagnostics video, and the issue is clear as day, so there was no need to test drive it when they could have taken a closer look. '
Also, what really has me worried is that they are saying my front tires are edging and worn down to 2mm, and my back tires are down to 5mm when I just had the right rear replaced with new ones, and the rest were relatively new and re-mounted in April, and since then it was less than 1000km ago.

I thought they would be better people, but OMG, this will never end.
That creaking sounds like a steering rack fault, the clicking gave that one away.. I'm not saying I'm right and add a disclaimer pronouncing so but on the off chance I am that is an expensive repair (hence the hesitation maybe??).

The brakes should be a simple fix, I recently took a 340i in for the same reason and it was sorted the same day so ..

Is there no equivalent to lemon law, car rejection or anything like that on your side of the pond? It's not worth the stress in the long run, I know what a rubbish position this puts someone so I do empathise OP.. Hope things start to go your way.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2020, 01:37 AM   #79
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You can just stop paying lease? Wouldn't they screwup my credit. Instead of servicing my car, they did more deliberate damage, and I have proof, I cant even drive it now my suspension is so messed up, its been sitting collecting dust in the garage for almost a month. If I add up all the days it was in the shop, which I will. I'm sure it'll be astonishing.

Last edited by DanVlnStud; 08-24-2020 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 01:50 AM   #80
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN-AWD View Post

I'm working to fix this as well. In the process of suing them, I'm going to try and order them to participate, I've posted it everywhere and on my, "I hate Parkview website," but I had to make it private because it contains all the evidence.

Last edited by DanVlnStud; 08-17-2020 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: GRAMMER
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 03:53 AM   #81
del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
You can just stop paying lease? Wouldn't they screwup my credit. Instead of servicing my car, they did more deliberate damage, and I have proof, I cant even drive it now my suspension is so messed up, its been sitting collecting dust in the garage for almost a month.
If it's the same as the UK in that the finance company owns the car (not underwritten by BMW who aren't a credit brokerI wouldn't stop paying the lease because you've broken the finance contract which then puts you in a very difficult situation. They can take the car off you but leave the debt. So you have no car but have to pay it off regardless of your issue with BMW. You broke the contract in the eyes of the law not BMW (despite the way they've been with you because they haven't admitted fault and you've yet to prove fault confirmed by a legal order).

The mechanical issues and finances issues are separate entities. One doesn't care about the other.

However, saying that, in the UK because the finance company owns the car, it's always worth contacting BMW finance who can in some circumstances put pressure on BMW to resolve the issue.

It maybe different in Canada tbf but might be helpful. I've read a few posts over the years where BMW finance have got involved and helped.
      08-17-2020, 04:38 AM   #82
dds007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95, F97, F85, F82

Do dealer buyback. Work with them first. If not, proceed to lemon/lawyer up.
      08-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #83
mathys
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G82 - G01 - F56

So sorry to see you are having a bad experience with a meant-to-be awesome car. I hope it gets sorted one way or the other soon, life is too short to be messing around with headaches like this one.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2020, 07:54 PM   #84
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dds007 View Post
There are no such thing as lemon laws in Canada because our government is spineless.

Quote:
Quote:
You can just stop paying lease? Wouldn't they screwup my credit. Instead of servicing my car, they did more deliberate damage, and I have proof, I cant even drive it now my suspension is so messed up, its been sitting collecting dust in the garage for almost a month.
Stop paying lease is one of the last options. Go to different dealership like Pfaff but make sure you contact someone at BMW head office and make sure they know your situation and that your car will be at Pfaff to sort out issues.
If Pfaff say they can't fix car than now you ask BMW to see what they can do to buy your car back etc. Only when they refuse that is when you contact a lawyer and ask him if you can pressure BMW financial to do something otherwise you tell them if they don't so there contract why should you? BMW in general is pretty good when the car has a problem and they know they should buyback but I also have heard of a few situations where BMW needed a nudge(when customers through the keys back to BmW and told them that they won't be paying the lease until they fix it). So if you have it all documented and you can ask a lawyer but if they don't fullfill there part of the lease/warranty contract you have a case to stop paying the lease. Always ask lawyer first.

Lawyer and stopping lease payments are the very very last resort. Once a lawyer is contacted BMW will stop all work and communication from what I understand and start playing hardball. Give BMW every chance to fix vehicle and start going up the ladder.
Appreciate 2
      08-24-2020, 09:05 PM   #85
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dds007 View Post
You can't work with a dealer who steals tires and doesn't put thought into how obvious it is.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 09:08 PM   #86
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathys View Post
So sorry to see you are having a bad experience with a meant-to-be awesome car. I hope it gets sorted one way or the other soon, life is too short to be messing around with headaches like this one.
Thanks for your kind words.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 09:15 PM   #87
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
There are no such thing as lemon laws in Canada because our government is spineless.

Stop paying lease is one of the last options. Go to different dealership like Pfaff but make sure you contact someone at BMW head office and make sure they know your situation and that your car will be at Pfaff to sort out issues.
If Pfaff say they can't fix car than now you ask BMW to see what they can do to buy your car back etc. Only when they refuse that is when you contact a lawyer and ask him if you can pressure BMW financial to do something otherwise you tell them if they don't so there contract why should you? BMW in general is pretty good when the car has a problem and they know they should buyback but I also have heard of a few situations where BMW needed a nudge(when customers through the keys back to BmW and told them that they won't be paying the lease until they fix it). So if you have it all documented and you can ask a lawyer but if they don't fullfill there part of the lease/warranty contract you have a case to stop paying the lease. Always ask lawyer first.

Lawyer and stopping lease payments are the very very last resort. Once a lawyer is contacted BMW will stop all work and communication from what I understand and start playing hardball. Give BMW every chance to fix vehicle and start going up the ladder.
I emailed BMW Canada and got no response. I called BMW Financial, and they told me to call when I get my car up and running and maybe they'll compensate me for the time the car was down, but I don't think that's good enough for what these guys have done.

They stole my tires like a bunch of juvenile delinquents!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 02:49 PM   #88
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Have you tried going to Pfaff and asking them to look at your car yet?
Appreciate 1