Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Mission Performance Stage 2 with CG Precision Catted Downpipe, Dyno Results

07-11-2020, 05:06 PM   #23
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

Thanks to chenry and orange m340i, I removed my ECU in about 5 minutes and it’s boxed up and ready to ship to Mission. Once I get back from vacation next Monday I’m hoping my ECU will be back and ready to be installed. I can’t wait.
Appreciate 1
chenry2346.00
      07-11-2020, 09:29 PM   #24
M340_pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patgilm View Post
Thanks to chenry and orange m340i, I removed my ECU in about 5 minutes and it's boxed up and ready to ship to Mission. Once I get back from vacation next Monday I'm hoping my ECU will be back and ready to be installed. I can't wait.
That's awesome. I'm jealous. Hoping the OBD flash option becomes a reality soon without requiring the bench unlock. Looking forward to your perspective too.
      07-11-2020, 09:54 PM   #25
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M340_pilot View Post
That's awesome. I'm jealous. Hoping the OBD flash option becomes a reality soon without requiring the bench unlock. Looking forward to your perspective too.
I would be lying if I told you I’m not a little nervous sending my ECU across the country. Hopefully Fedex doesn’t bungle it up.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 10:58 PM   #26
Dmejia91
Private
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335 xdrive M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
I would be lying if I told you I’m not a little nervous sending my ECU across the country. Hopefully Fedex doesn’t bungle it up.
Brave one

Wishing you nothing but good vibes!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 10:32 AM   #27
raj914
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Let me know how it works out for ya! I'm also in the same boat. I'm in Georgia, so it'd be a big risk shipping all the way out to California. Eager to hear back
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 10:36 AM   #28
PunkSinatra
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Alpina D5S

Keep it cool guys. I've sent mine all the way from Switzerland to California. Alex work is worth it.
Appreciate 2
chenry2346.00
TonyM1.50
      07-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #29
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Just posted this to IG...not sure if I can direct link here (I usually link from youtube). Let me know if it's not working. Just some fun video from one of the runs with some nice audio courtesy of CG Precision and Mission Performance - and a good look at the Dinan springs under load

Appreciate 2
      07-20-2020, 11:29 AM   #30
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not sure if the OBD flash will happen anytime soon. Just heard from Alex and I have to latest/most up to date firmware and he said BMW locked it down even more and it took him a while unlock it. I’m hoping with mine being done now it makes it easier for others that send it to him to flash.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:58 PM   #31
M340_pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure if the OBD flash will happen anytime soon. Just heard from Alex and I have to latest/most up to date firmware and he said BMW locked it down even more and it took him a while unlock it. I’m hoping with mine being done now it makes it easier for others that send it to him to flash.
Thanks for the update. Guess I just need to remove my DME and take a couple days of vacation so I can mail it to Alex.
      07-25-2020, 08:15 AM   #32
M340_pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Does anyone know if the dealer can re-lock the DME if they discover it's been unlocked?
      07-25-2020, 10:53 AM   #33
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Does anyone know if the dealer can re-lock the DME if they discover it's been unlocked?
Good question. I asked Alex the same thing and he basically said I only have to send him the ECU once because I had the same concerns as you do. I don’t really understand how that is the case so I would call him if I were you and ask him yourself. He also said I had the latest firmware and it took him a while to unlock mine as BMW is making it harder and harder to unlock.

I just got my DME back this past Thursday and it was truly plug and play, no check engine lights or anything. It runs just like stock but more power, no hiccups and I haven’t even put in my new spark plugs yet. I hoping to do that this week.
Appreciate 2
EXE462097.00
chenry2346.00
      07-28-2020, 01:05 PM   #34
pjpellegrino
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
tuning

so right now i have a m340 with a jb plus installed and a bms intake. i’m getting around 380-390 to the wheels and was wondering if a stage 1 or 2 was worth the upgrade and money.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 03:03 PM   #35
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpellegrino View Post
so right now i have a m340 with a jb plus installed and a bms intake. i'm getting around 380-390 to the wheels and was wondering if a stage 1 or 2 was worth the upgrade and money.
if you're asking if the difference between a JB+ and a stage 2 Mission Performance tune (especially on your New York 93 octane) would be substantial enough to justify the price, based on my experience, the answer is a very strong yes.

You will notice not only a significant increase in power - but a very linear, oem like, power curve. As I've said before, to me it's as if you checked a factory option box for "add more power"

I tried a couple piggybacks (jb+ being one of them) back in 2017 on my old
340 while i was waiting for Alex at Mission to crack the DME and bring a tune to market. When i switched to the flash there was simply no comparison. For my M340 i simply transferred my tune from the 340 to the M340

Now whether that is worth the price of entry to you personally? Let us know what you decide :-)

Last edited by chenry; 07-28-2020 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 06:12 AM   #36
pjpellegrino
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
if you're asking if the difference between a JB+ and a stage 2 Mission Performance tune (especially on your New York 93 octane) would be substantial enough to justify the price, based on my experience, the answer is a very strong yes.

You will notice not only a significant increase in power - but a very linear, oem like, power curve. As I've said before, to me it's as if you checked a factory option box for "add more power"

I tried a couple piggybacks (jb+ being one of them) back in 2017 on my old
340 while i was waiting for Alex at Mission to crack the DME and bring a tune to market. When i switched to the flash there was simply no comparison. For my M340 i simply transferred my tune from the 340 to the M340

Now whether that is worth the price of entry to you personally? Let us know what you decide :-)
Thanks for the review. What are some cons that come with the MP stage 2 besides the price being almost $1000. And also would it be worth adding the burble option on the tune
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 01:31 PM   #37
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpellegrino View Post
Thanks for the review. What are some cons that come with the MP stage 2 besides the price being almost $1000. And also would it be worth adding the burble option on the tune
Let me put this up again in a condensed form - I went to edit but deleted oopsie.
  • I don't have any first hand "cons" to share other than tires
  • Price - that's subjective - but do keep in mind MP is the only tune that allows for an unlimited number of sales and transfers of the license (you pay $100 to transfer and the difference in price, if applicable, between your current tune and what you are moving to). I've used this transfer feature 3x now.
  • Burble? I would go with the standard offering - and ad burble later if you think you need more.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2021, 03:39 PM   #38
m340ninja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

chenry Thanks for those pics. Made the removal process super quick.

Sending my DME to Alex after it got re-locked. Excited for the end results after MP stage 2.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2021, 11:41 PM   #39
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m340ninja View Post
chenry Thanks for those pics. Made the removal process super quick.

Sending my DME to Alex after it got re-locked. Excited for the end results after MP stage 2.
How did it get relocked? Did you take it to the dealer and they updated the firmware? I have to take my car in for service and I want to be clear to them to NOT update the firmware so I hope they comply.

I also read in another thread in the general forum that the most recent update hasn’t been cracked yet so let us know if Alex is able to.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 04:04 AM   #40
franky818
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 2010 , g20 2020

Just wanna say Alex doesn't fuck around .... if you're someone like me who is not using a 330 or m340 to go race m4s and m3s ... but just want more power and speed out of ur car than what the factory gives you ... Alex is the way to go...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #41
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by franky818 View Post
Just wanna say Alex doesn't fuck around .... if you're someone like me who is not using a 330 or m340 to go race m4s and m3s ... but just want more power and speed out of ur car than what the factory gives you ... Alex is the way to go...
Is your car tuned by MP?
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 11:54 AM   #42
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by franky818 View Post
He really doesn’t he’s all about oem like linear power delivery, drivability, and reliability all while optimizing engine output (yes optimizing not maximizing). And once he’s done all that the results simply are what they are. That said his HP numbers are consistent with the other tuners that have their own platform, so you really get the best of both worlds (probably why Toyota hired him for thier TRD Supra - I only share this from time to time because...sh*t don't take my word for it ask Toyota why, with the pick of any tuner in world, they chose him)

And he’s totally transparent about it I remember a couple years back when he had come to market with the first B58 unlock/flash and he was heading for a dyno near our home. I contacted him and asked if I could swing by and broadcast the session on IG live (my Sons idea not mine was new to me but was cool) for the benefit of the forum. And he said, “sure come on by is what it is…let’s see how things go.” Absolutely didn’t care that people would be watching as he arrived and proceeded to tune and adjust and test a product he would be bringing to market (my battery ran out before he was done but I shared for a good 1.5+ hours or so)….he really gained my respect that day

But to your initial point yeah you really don’t want to approach him with…I want my car to beat XX car or make XX HP or beat my buddy on the dyno or shoot flames or run meth on the street….he will politely tell you there our other solutions out their to meet your needs and he is not a good fit for you.

Last edited by chenry; 03-10-2021 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: typo (I'm sure there are others I missed HA) oh and dancing BMW guy
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 12:18 PM   #43
Vmaxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
He really doesn’t he’s all about oem like linear power delivery, drivability, and reliability all while optimizing engine output (yes optimizing not maximizing). And once he’s done all that the results simply are what they are. That said his HP numbers are consistent with the other tuners that have their own platform, so you really get the best of both worlds (probably why Toyota hired him for thier TRD Supra - I only share this from time to time because...sh*t don't take my word for it ask Toyota why, with the pick of any tuner in world, they chose him)

And he’s totally transparent about it I remember a couple years back when he had come to market with the first B58 unlock/flash and he was heading for a dyno near our home. I contacted him and asked if I could swing by and broadcast the session on IG live (my Sons idea not mine was new to me but was cool) for the benefit of the forum. And he said, “sure come on by is what it is…let’s see how things go.” Absolutely didn’t care that people would be watching as he arrived and proceeded to tune and adjust and test a product he would be bringing to market (my battery ran out before he was done but I shared for a good 1.5+ hours or so)….he really gained my respect that day

But to your initial point yeah you really don’t want to approach him with…I want my car to beat XX car or make XX HP or beat my buddy on the dyno or shoot flames or run meth on the street….he will politely tell you there our other solutions out their to meet your needs and he is not a good fit for you.
Any news from him on you recent trip there? Any hope for our 2021s?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 12:23 PM   #44
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
Quote:

Any news from him on you recent trip there? Any hope for our 2021s?
Leaving in 15 minutes will be there in about an hour
Appreciate 0