Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Deciding on a M-Performance pack for M340i

07-28-2020, 01:54 PM   #1
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW x£

Question Deciding on a M-Performance pack for M340i

As you may know from my previous thread, I am expecting delivery of a M340i in Portimao Blue wihtout any options apart from the Tech Pack. Now I quite like the ceramic grey grill, matching 19 inch wheels and mirrors but I want it to look a little more aggressive. My local dealer has offered me the following pack but I am concerned that the carbon black, gloss black and the cermaic grey all together will look too fragmented? What is your opinion guys?

Here is a video of a similar specc'd up vehicle with the same parts:

M Performance Front Splitter, black high-gloss
Rear bumper trim
Expanding rivet
Cleaner
Adhesive 1K
Filister head self-tapping screw
M Performance Rear diffuser, carbon fibre
M Performance Rear spoiler, carbon fibre
M Performance Side Sill Attachment, black high-gloss
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 02:06 PM   #2
del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

For me lose the cerium grey. You can have it all replaced with gloss black. Personally carbon and gloss black go better together.

So on this video the rear works well. Front not so much for me with the cerium grey.
      07-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #3
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by del82 View Post
For me lose the cerium grey. You can have it all replaced with gloss black. Personally carbon and gloss black go better together.

So on this video the rear works well. Front not so much for me with the cerium grey.
Hmmmm....yes you may be right. I was thinking the same but then I would also need to replace the cerium grey side mirrors....maybe carbon or gloss black? I'd stick with the cerium grey wheels which I have as standard though.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 02:44 PM   #4
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

This Tanzanite Blue one has just replaced the side mirrors and then kept the cerium grey grill and wheels and added the m-performance stuff which could be an option for my Portimao Blue? What do you think guys? Maybe change the wing mirrors to gloss black or carbon and leave the cerium grey grill, as my air vents and wheels are also going to stay cerium grey.......hmmmmm??

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 02:49 PM   #5
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i

My car is specced pretty much exactly like in the video except I do not have the side skirts and my M340i badge is cerium grey.

Almost immediately after getting the car I swapped the grille with a gloss black mesh grill and I swapped the mirrors with carbon fiber ones for around $300 total.

I didn't like the cerium mirrors at all. They get really dirty and it was easy enough to swap and the carbon matches the spoiler. The grill I didn't mind however I love how the gloss black mesh grill looks.

I considered swapping to gloss black badges and swapping the little side vent trims on the bottom corners of the bumper but never got around to do that. I also considered ordering the car with gloss black wheels but ended up liking the grey ones more.

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 03:13 PM   #6
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
My car is specced pretty much exactly like in the video except I do not have the side skirts and my M340i badge is cerium grey.

Almost immediately after getting the car I swapped the grille with a gloss black mesh grill and I swapped the mirrors with carbon fiber ones for around $300 total.

I didn't like the cerium mirrors at all. They get really dirty and it was easy enough to swap and the carbon matches the spoiler. The grill I didn't mind however I love how the gloss black mesh grill looks.

I considered swapping to gloss black badges and swapping the little side vent trims on the bottom corners of the bumper but never got around to do that. I also considered ordering the car with gloss black wheels but ended up liking the grey ones more.
Yes im thinking of doing the same but leaving the cerium grill as i think it goes well with portimao blue. I will change the side mirrors to carbon though. Im thinking of going similar to the San Marino Blue one in the following link as they also kept the cerium grill and since Portimao Blue is a similar colour, it should look nice:

https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/05/05/b...no-blue-color/
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 04:17 PM   #7
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

I will have the X-drive version of the vehicle and therefore it will also have the x-drive badge on the back, therefore do you think that replacing the M340i Cerium grey badge with gloss black will look odd with the silver x drive badge on the other side?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 09:36 PM   #8
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by truekumar View Post
I will have the X-drive version of the vehicle and therefore it will also have the x-drive badge on the back, therefore do you think that replacing the M340i Cerium grey badge with gloss black will look odd with the silver x drive badge on the other side?
I have the gloss black M340 badge w the regular Xdrive badge and it doesn't look bad at all w the PB paint. I was told that IND could likely supply the black Xdrive badge since it doesn't seem to be readily available on their website anymore.

I will end up replacing it but it's not bad looking by any means
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 11:58 PM   #9
iCARMIX
iCARMIX
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
As you may know from my previous thread, I am expecting delivery of a M340i in Portimao Blue wihtout any options apart from the Tech Pack. Now I quite like the ceramic grey grill, matching 19 inch wheels and mirrors but I want it to look a little more aggressive. My local dealer has offered me the following pack but I am concerned that the carbon black, gloss black and the cermaic grey all together will look too fragmented? What is your opinion guys?

Here is a video of a similar specc'd up vehicle with the same parts:

M Performance Front Splitter, black high-gloss
Rear bumper trim
Expanding rivet
Cleaner
Adhesive 1K
Filister head self-tapping screw
M Performance Rear diffuser, carbon fibre
M Performance Rear spoiler, carbon fibre
M performance pack add so much more aggressiveness to the car, however you can still add after market exterior mods if you want a special look for your won car.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 01:38 AM   #10
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
I have the gloss black M340 badge w the regular Xdrive badge and it doesn't look bad at all w the PB paint. I was told that IND could likely supply the black Xdrive badge since it doesn't seem to be readily available on their website anymore.

Thanks, can you possibly post a photo of your badges on the car? Also whom is IND? Would a BMW dealer be able to supply a black Xdrive badge?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 01:40 AM   #11
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Also, what else would you guys suggest to add onto my Portimao Blue? I considered the splitters but they are too loud for me and easily damaged on speed bumps here in the UK.

Anyone recommend any other subtle touches to the vehicle that would improve its looks?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 12:54 PM   #12
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Carbon fibre side sills or gloss black side sills?

Has anyone here installed carbon fibre side sills? What do they look like in comparison to the gloss black ones? Most photos that I’ve seems have the gloss black ones.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 01:16 PM   #13
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

This link also mentions the grey back lights, has anyone put them on a Portimao Blue?

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/03/05/g...ormance-parts/
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 09:34 PM   #14
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post

Thanks, can you possibly post a photo of your badges on the car? Also whom is IND? Would a BMW dealer be able to supply a black Xdrive badge?
Google IND and you'll see all the stuff they sell for BMW's like blacked out badges etc
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:48 PM   #15
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

I agree with del82, the Cerium pieces need to go. I think all black trim pieces would look sweet with the Portimao Blue, or black and carbon if you want to spend the money for the carbon. You could also do body color mirror caps from IND.

Your car though so do what looks best to you.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #16
Dravit_M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i Dravit Grey

Personally I like the cerium but I don't think you can go wrong with gloss black either.. Paint match the front reflectors to get rid of that ugly orange eye sore. Its the first thing I did and made a huge difference. I have the gloss black front lip, gloss black rear diffuser, and carbon fiber spoiler on the way. Going to install all that and see what it looks like before I decide on the grill and air vents and mirror caps. If i do switch I'm leaning towards the carbon fiber grill, carbon mirror caps, and gloss black air vents. Once again tho I kinda dig the cerium. Here is a night and day picture of the cerium with just the reflector delete.

Appreciate 0