05-01-2024, 11:47 PM   #1
g59.jonesy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 G22 M440i Bmw

Garage List
2021 BMW M440i  [0.00]
G22 Laser DRL Brughtness

Hello all, I was wondering if there was a way to code in a dimmer drl setting through Bimmer Code. I know there isn’t an ots way to do it with BC but I was wondering if anyone had figured it out as when I take pictures of my car at night the DRL’s just wash out and are way too bright, just looking to turn them down a little so I can get better images in dark lighting
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 12:52 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Did you set the lights to parking lights which are obviously dimmer than drls?

Also if you expose for the lights, can you bring up the shadows in your plhotoediting software?
Another option to shoot when it’s not dark but when it’s getting dark to lessen the contrast?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 05:46 AM   #3
g59.jonesy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 G22 M440i Bmw

Garage List
2021 BMW M440i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Did you set the lights to parking lights which are obviously dimmer than drls?
Also if you expose for the lights, can you bring up the shadows in your plhotoediting software?
Another option to shoot when it’s not dark but when it’s getting dark to lessen the contrast?
My usual course of action is to set the parking lights, but I’ve even tried turning off the car off with parking lights (to get the hazards and the inside tube to light up together without low beams) and that might have worked to lower the brightness if I remember right but then my comfort access goes off and the mirrors fold. A small inconvenience I know but since I already had means to coding I’d figure it would give me more control

The problem with trying ti bring up the shadows for me is that when I get to the point where everything “balances” out there’s way to much noise in said shadows (canon 80d problems)

But yeah there’s definitely a fine point where the surroundings are light enough to be able to contrast it out
Appreciate 0