Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Where can I rent a G20?

11-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #23
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Yeah it might be worth trying if there's no other option. You'll have to see if it's available in your area not sure if it is available everywhere. If you have a dealership nearby they may be able to arrange it through a vehicle or vehicles in their inventory. With the prices they charge they may be willing to accommodate special circumstances or special requests, may depend on which tier you choose. That being said Enterprise seems to be the most cost effective option. I did price out a 3 series equivalent so if you rented for an entire month at the daily rate Enterprise might cost more but they may have a weekly discount. The BMW program requires 1 month commitment. As far as switching cars you can do that with enterprise and you can drive other cars besides BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 06:21 PM   #24
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Yeah it might be worth trying if there's no other option. You'll have to see if it's available in your area not sure if it is available everywhere. If you have a dealership nearby they may be able to arrange it through a vehicle or vehicles in their inventory. With the prices they charge they may be willing to accommodate special circumstances or special requests, may depend on which tier you choose. That being said Enterprise seems to be the most cost effective option. I did price out a 3 series equivalent so if you rented for an entire month at the daily rate Enterprise might cost more but they may have a weekly discount. The BMW program requires 1 month commitment. As far as switching cars you can do that with enterprise and you can drive other cars besides BMW.
Ahhh.. It looked promising but it says they "Launch in Nashville in May 2018" and there are no updates since then. Kinda shocking the website isn't maintained, but I doubt they're in my city. I guess I can ask local dealerships but I don't know.

Enterprise sounds promising but (a) it doesn't make it easy to pick what car you want online, it's all this "x or similar" BS which would defeat the purpose, and (b) I am guessing most of them are stripper models without any options. In the G20 my biggest concern is whether or not the optional Sport Seats are comfortable, and I doubt they would be optioning cars with that.

If there's a will ($$) there's probably a way, and I have no problem paying a couple grand to take 2-3 different models for a 1-2 months and see how they drive, but I think it's an unorthodox service / request so it might be hard to find a vendor that will fulfill.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 06:22 PM   #25
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Also on their website they have 330i and 340i models with pictures of the previous generation while the website says "all models are current or previous year", so it really seems the project is not being maintained.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 07:51 PM   #26
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbrah View Post
(b) I am guessing most of them are stripper models without any options. In the G20 my biggest concern is whether or not the optional Sport Seats are comfortable, and I doubt they would be optioning cars with that.
I just checked the configurator and the ordering guide - sport seats are standard across the board.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

11-05-2019, 08:44 PM   #27
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I just checked the configurator and the ordering guide - sport seats are standard across the board.
oh. maybe lumbar support isn't then. i dunno, i sat in a 330 at the dealership that did not have lumbar support i think. and if i get an M340 it will have that so i would want to make sure whatever car i rent has the same seat setup
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 09:21 PM   #28
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Ahhh.. It looked promising but it says they "Launch in Nashville in May 2018" and there are no updates since then. Kinda shocking the website isn't maintained, but I doubt they're in my city. I guess I can ask local dealerships but I don't know.

Enterprise sounds promising but (a) it doesn't make it easy to pick what car you want online, it's all this "x or similar" BS which would defeat the purpose, and (b) I am guessing most of them are stripper models without any options. In the G20 my biggest concern is whether or not the optional Sport Seats are comfortable, and I doubt they would be optioning cars with that.

If there's a will ($$) there's probably a way, and I have no problem paying a couple grand to take 2-3 different models for a 1-2 months and see how they drive, but I think it's an unorthodox service / request so it might be hard to find a vendor that will fulfill.
Yeah I noticed on the BMW site it still shows the F30. As far as the Enterprise site, there is a dedicate enterprise exotics site that lets you pick the exact car but I don't see the G20. They do have the M5 and I8. You should call the actual location to see what they have or if they can get it for you, and I think they can pick you up as well. With the traditional car rental you can use your credit card miles as well so it could be cheaper or even free versus BMW Subscription service which I don't know if you can use miles for that, you might be able to. I would talk to the BMW Genius about the BMW service they may have more up to date info than the site, I think there is a phone number on the site but who knows if it's out of date lol.

https://exoticcars.enterprise.com/en/vehicles.html

Last edited by bimmer456; 11-05-2019 at 09:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 09:30 PM   #29
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I noticed on the BMW site it still shows the F30. As far as the Enterprise site, there is a dedicate enterprise exotics site that lets you pick the exact car but I don't see the G20. They do have the M5 and I8. You should call the actual location to see what they have or if they can get it for you, and I think they can pick you up as well. With the traditional car rental you can use your credit card miles as well so it could be cheaper or even free versus BMW Subscription service which I don't know if you can use miles for that, you might be able to. I would talk to the BMW Genius about the BMW service they may have more up to date info than the site, I think there is a phone number on the site but who knows if it's out of date lol.

Lol... How is a BMW 430i an exotic.. Or an Audi Q5... That's a very generous definition of "exotic".

Yeah I'll have to call tomorrow and ask if they can get me a 2019 or newer 3 series. I doubt they're going to be able to tell me what options are on it though.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #30
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Lol... How is a BMW 430i an exotic.. Or an Audi Q5... That's a very generous definition of "exotic".

Yeah I'll have to call tomorrow and ask if they can get me a 2019 or newer 3 series. I doubt they're going to be able to tell me what options are on it though.
There customer service was really nice when I rented from them, but yeah they may not know the exact options and packages. They did pick me up in a Porsche Cayman or something like that and the girl was really nice. She was kinda into cars herself and of course she gets to see and drive all these cool cars so it's a cool gig so we talked about that. The other thing you should ask for is AAA discount.

Last edited by bimmer456; 11-05-2019 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 09:44 PM   #31
ArchJR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 i4 xDrive40

Quote:
Quote:

I rented a 330i as a regular "luxury" level not exotic. Way better than the usual XTS or Q50. And it was moderately equipped not base.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 10:09 PM   #32
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchJR View Post
I rented a 330i as a regular "luxury" level not exotic. Way better than the usual XTS or Q50. And it was moderately equipped not base.
Was this from Enterprise?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 10:58 PM   #33
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
I found one near me on Turo.

https://turo.com/us/en-us/car-rental...-series/631333
Attached Images

11-05-2019, 11:10 PM   #34
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
$150 a day doesn't seem particularly cheap even though it's an M340. The 330i (granted it's the 4 cylinder) seems like it's about $79 a day on Enterprise if going by the price quoted for Q50 or similar. Might be cheaper with AAA discount and you can use CC points which is why I've stayed away from Turo because I don't think you can use those.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 05:16 AM   #35
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
$150 a day doesn't seem particularly cheap even though it's an M340. The 330i (granted it's the 4 cylinder) seems like it's about $79 a day on Enterprise if going by the price quoted for Q50 or similar. Might be cheaper with AAA discount and you can use CC points which is why I've stayed away from Turo because I don't think you can use those.
Turo pricing is very market dependent. While an m340 is going for $150 in New Jersey, over in California where Turo does the majority of its business, you can rent an M3 for $100 a day.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 06:17 AM   #36
A6bullet
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

Quote:
oh. maybe lumbar support isn't then. i dunno, i sat in a 330 at the dealership that did not have lumbar support i think. and if i get an M340 it will have that so i would want to make sure whatever car i rent has the same seat setup
On the 330, not 100 sure but Lumbar is part of either the premium, convenience or exec packs. Unless they specd it without anything.. I don't know then.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 07:21 AM   #37
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Quote:
Turo pricing is very market dependent. While an m340 is going for $150 in New Jersey, over in California where Turo does the majority of its business, you can rent an M3 for $100 a day.
Yeah that's more like it lol. It's basically a car sharing service and owners can charge whatever they want. It's also supply and demand. If you charge too much you won't have customers. It looks like the m340i is a dealer car and that's usually what they charge for loaners that aren't returned on time.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317871.50
      11-06-2019, 08:06 AM   #38
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah I've checked Turo near me. Nothing even resembling a 3 series.

$150 a day I'd be fine with. I'll just have to see what Enterprise has up their sleeve.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #39
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Talked to enterprise today and nothing in my area... Proving frustratingly difficult to just rent a damn G20 for a week..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 11:09 AM   #40
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Sounds like you need to take a week long vacation to LA and rent someone's G20 out there...

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 11:16 AM   #41
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Lol seems like I don't have much of a choice. Kind of defeats the purpose of seeing how the car works for my daily life though. You wouldn't think it would be this difficult to rent a BMW 3 series given how common they are.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 11:34 AM   #42
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Have you tried access by bmw? I would drop by the nearest dealership and see what they can do. If you go to LA to rent one you might be able to drive it back to Nashville and drop it off at a local enterprise so just a one way road trip.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #43
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Have you tried access by bmw? I would drop by the nearest dealership and see what they can do. If you go to LA to rent one you might be able to drive it back to Nashville and drop it off at a local enterprise so just a one way road trip.
Don't think Access is in my area. I'm nowhere near Nashville
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #44
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Thought you said that's where you were or somehow it said it on the site itself like it got my location wrong when I pulled it up lol. Yeah so it seems flying out to LA and getting the car there then dropping it off somewhere near you would possibly work. Seems a lot of hoops to jump through for a 330 but maybe because they just came out that could be why.
Appreciate 0