Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Base Audio Upgrade

10-30-2021, 11:26 PM   #1
omarBMW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i

Base Audio Upgrade

Hello,

I recently got my 2021 330i in Canada, and like some other people on this forum, I got the 6 speaker base stereo in my car.

The system is terrible and would like more volume and quality out of it. Was thinking of getting the Audiotec-Fischer amp but not sure if that would help. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 11:38 AM   #2
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarBMW View Post
Hello,

I recently got my 2021 330i in Canada, and like some other people on this forum, I got the 6 speaker base stereo in my car.

The system is terrible and would like more volume and quality out of it. Was thinking of getting the Audiotec-Fischer amp but not sure if that would help. Any suggestions?
There is a 6-speaker system with RAM and a 6-speaker system without RAM.

You need to find out if your 6-speaker system is RAM-based or not, then it can be determined if any amp can be installed in your system without cutting OEM wires.

This is the RAM:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 09:29 AM   #3
320alien
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
There is a 6-speaker system with RAM and a 6-speaker system without RAM.

You need to find out if your 6-speaker system is RAM-based or not, then it can be determined if any amp can be installed in your system without cutting OEM wires.

This is the RAM:
Greetings, Encanto. I have a 320i with iDrive 6 (unfortunately) that comes with 6-speaker system (4 mids, 2 subs) without RAM. Can you advise the exact wire harness part no. & MATCH UP amplifier (7DSP or 7BMW) to use? And if there’s a need to tap into OEM wires instead of plug-and-play?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 11:08 AM   #4
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320alien View Post
Greetings, Encanto. I have a 320i with iDrive 6 (unfortunately) that comes with 6-speaker system (4 mids, 2 subs) without RAM. Can you advise the exact wire harness part no. & MATCH UP amplifier (7DSP or 7BMW) to use? And if there’s a need to tap into OEM wires instead of plug-and-play?
I know of no harness for the Basic Media2 OEM HU.
Appreciate 0