Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics How to get Spotify to resume from previous track position

11-07-2021, 11:12 AM   #1
thescouselander
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

So I've only had my G20 a few days but Spotify is driving me nuts. Whenever I get back into the car and listen to Spotify via iDrive it plays the previous track but from the beginning instead of from the previous position. This is really annoying since I listen to a lot of podcasts.

Is there a way to get Spotify to resume from the previous position?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 10:36 AM   #2
cls49bmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40

I don't have the answer, but have the same concern. I liked using the native Spotify app in the car, as the sound quality was good. However, I tend to drive mostly short journeys, and get frustrated when the previous played track starts over when I return to the car. It's especially irritating since I enjoy listening to classical pieces, and when a longer movement is playing while I drive short distances, it's like groundhog day as the movement never ends!

I searched Google for answers, and found that many people have the same issue with Spotify, but no one has an answer.

Perhaps this issue has something to do with streaming, as opposed to playback from your own device.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 08:44 PM   #3
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescouselander View Post
So I've only had my G20 a few days but Spotify is driving me nuts. Whenever I get back into the car and listen to Spotify via iDrive it plays the previous track but from the beginning instead of from the previous position. This is really annoying since I listen to a lot of podcasts.

Is there a way to get Spotify to resume from the previous position?
I was told by my dealer that Spotify haven't updated their App since Android Auto was available. But that could be country or market dependent.
It definitely works as you require it using Spotify on Android Auto. I assume the same for ACP.
Appreciate 0