Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Reduced Parking Assistance

11-11-2021, 12:41 PM   #1
BMWRNMD
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 M340i

Reduced Parking Assistance

Hi everyone. Has anyone gotten the "reduced parking assistance" message.

A few weeks ago my parking sensors just stopped working. So when I put it in reverse, there are no more guide lines and no more green squares or beeping.

I thought maybe the car is dirty so I did a good wash and the sensors are still not working.

Has anyone experienced this? It's a 2021 M340i. I'm definitely going to take it to the dealer when I get some time since it doesn't bother me much, but it is kind of annoying.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 10:39 PM   #2
taojinmontreal
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

I only met this once, it's because my car was dirty
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 11:23 PM   #3
k4sh_90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRNMD View Post
Hi everyone. Has anyone gotten the "reduced parking assistance" message.

A few weeks ago my parking sensors just stopped working. So when I put it in reverse, there are no more guide lines and no more green squares or beeping.

I thought maybe the car is dirty so I did a good wash and the sensors are still not working.

Has anyone experienced this? It's a 2021 M340i. I'm definitely going to take it to the dealer when I get some time since it doesn't bother me much, but it is kind of annoying.
I've gotten it a couple times recently. Once before Thanksgiving, and again a few days afterwards. First time I got it along with driving assistance reduced, and then parking and driving assistance malfunction. I cleared out the fault codes with BimmerLink and it went away. Second time was just reduced parking assistance, and it sorted itself out after a stop/start.

Hey Google, play "Who Am I" by Beenie Man
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 07:50 PM   #4
BMR_CK
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Happened to me too. Also, I get the parking sensors randomly coming on when I pull up behind another car at a stop light.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 01:41 AM   #5
G22b58
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G22

@BMR_CK: The auto activation based on front sensors is selectable in iDrive, or do you mean that it randomly doesn't activate when it should?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 09:55 PM   #6
BMR_CK
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G22b58 View Post
@BMR_CK: The auto activation based on front sensors is selectable in iDrive, or do you mean that it randomly doesn't activate when it should?
They just randomly come on while sitting behind a car. Not parked, just waiting at a light. I am also experiencing them not working at all and having to restart the car. Honestly, I have had more software related issues with this car than my last three combined.
Appreciate 0