Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes MY21 m340i tire slight vibration applying breaks

10-17-2021, 05:12 PM   #1
bababiskothu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

MY21 m340i tire slight vibration applying breaks

Hello,

I just took delivery of MY21 m340i. I notice that whenever I apply breaks to slow down (not like a sudden stop) I feel/ hear a bit of what looks like tire vibration from the rear. Is it to be expected from the break pad / tire combo initially like say during break in period? It has the bridgestone turanza all season RFT. There are no vibrations or anything like while driving it’s only when applying break from like 50mph or above.

Since it’s brand new and my first with M performance break pads wondering if it will all settle down during break in period or does it warrant a visit to dealership (I hope not)?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 07:14 AM   #2
Bc2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

It doesn’t sound right, but might stop after the pads have more break-in time. That symptom is usually from a slight warping of a brake rotor, which might be a manufacturing flaw, or just due to uneven tightening of the lug nuts.

If it’s easy to replicate the problem, it’s probably best to take it to the dealer now. Their immediate response may be that brakes pads are a wear item not covered by warranty, so you need to show them that it happened right away and it’s not just from from uneven pad wear over time.
Appreciate 0