Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Spotify v CarPlay

08-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #1
Franko666
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Spotify v CarPlay

Since my software update yesterday, Spotify seems to have been take over by Carplay. When I play Spotify through the car and the phone rings and I take the call, once I finish the call, the song seems to be coming through CarPlay and I cannot connect to Spotify again.

Anyone else have this problem?
I have had to disconnect CarPlay in order to listen to Spotify then works ok after I have disabled carplay.
      08-04-2021, 04:39 PM   #2
jeegunkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive, 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko666 View Post
Since my software update yesterday, Spotify seems to have been take over by Carplay. When I play Spotify through the car and the phone rings and I take the call, once I finish the call, the song seems to be coming through CarPlay and I cannot connect to Spotify again.

I have had to disconnect CarPlay in order to listen to Spotify then works ok after I have disabled carplay.
I've had the same issue when the iDrive software updated with the integration of Spotify into the native iDrive functions. I rarely take calls in the car because I barely drive the car but this has been an annoying bug.
      08-04-2021, 04:45 PM   #3
Franko666
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeegunkim View Post
Quote:

I've had the same issue when the iDrive software updated with the integration of Spotify into the native iDrive functions. I rarely take calls in the car because I barely drive the car but this has been an annoying bug.
Quote:
Quote:

Just found this on another thread.

Iphone: settings/general/carplay/BMW#####/customize
- remove Spotify & Stations
- Untick integration

Now when you play Spotify it's native on the car and isnt fighting with your phone to handshake a connection. Carplay is for calls and Waze and messages. All else is iDrive.
      08-04-2021, 04:53 PM   #4
jeegunkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive, 2023 M3CX

Quote:

- Untick integration

Now when you play Spotify it's native on the car and isnt fighting with your phone to handshake a connection. Carplay is for calls and Waze and messages. All else is iDrive.
My man, going to have to test this out!
      08-21-2021, 12:49 AM   #5
MashMaster
//\\
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i M Sport

Quote:

- Untick integration

So the spotify in iDrive connects to your spotify account from spotify, not through your phone? Do I download my albums onto the iDrive like I do on my phone? Do you get the same option settings for high quality playback?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 11:18 AM   #6
Franko666
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashMaster View Post
Quote:

- Untick integration

So the spotify in iDrive connects to your spotify account from spotify, not through your phone? Do I download my albums onto the iDrive like I do on my phone? Do you get the same option settings for high quality playback?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MashMaster View Post
Quote:

- Untick integration

You cannot download your albums to the idrive but you can stream them from the car. Great quality I must say. The Idrive does not use your phone, but you use your phone for Spotify via Bluetooth if you want.
      08-22-2021, 11:42 AM   #7
Snoopy8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw328i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

- Untick integration

You sir are the man! Now I don't have to fight with my idrive when playing spotify in my car.
Appreciate 0