Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin Buying Ultimate Care + for M340 brake pad coverage?

01-10-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
KaptainKloss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340 xDrive

Buying Ultimate Care + for M340 brake pad coverage?

Hi All,

According to my knowledge, the standard 3 year maintenance does not include brake pad wear replacement. For those that have an M340, is it wise to purchase the package since they cover brake pad replacement?

I can't remember but I think within the first four years of my 228 they changed the brake pads more than once. Not sure whether this was my driving or they just didn't know what to do when I brought my car in for service. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 06:32 AM   #2
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

There was another post in here regarding the different warranties/protections. Personally, I purchased the vehicle on a 48 month loan and had all of the ultimate care and what not added. It is a bit confusing, but you do need to purchase additional coverage, which includes brakes and wipers. I’ll have to check my paperwork when I have a chance to see what it is exactly called. I know I’ll get shit on for “wasting money” on these plans, but I’d rather beat the tits off the car and not worry about getting bent over if something needs replacement.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 08:48 AM   #3
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
I purchased ultimate care due to the fact that put on about 15k miles per year. I figure I will need brake pads towards the end of this year. My m340 bought August 2019
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 11:47 AM   #4
TriniJots
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
There was another post in here regarding the different warranties/protections. Personally, I purchased the vehicle on a 48 month loan and had all of the ultimate care and what not added. It is a bit confusing, but you do need to purchase additional coverage, which includes brakes and wipers. I’ll have to check my paperwork when I have a chance to see what it is exactly called. I know I’ll get shit on for “wasting money” on these plans, but I’d rather beat the tits off the car and not worry about getting bent over if something needs replacement.
Curious to know what was the cost of the Ultimate Care+ for you guys. My dealer quoted me $1,200 for the M340i, but for some reason that sounds more expensive than what it is supposed to be.
2018 CLA250
2021 G20 M340i (current)
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 09:25 PM   #5
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

Like the car, the prices for these packages can be negotiable. I turned all of them down when the car came in and the FI guy made a second run at me the next day with a discount.

Frankly, I would worry more about repair costs of the cockpit electronics and turbos than I would brakes, but I opted out of the warranty and maintenance packages. Replacing brakes and wear and tear parts is just part of the normal expense of owning a car. I do some of it myself and what I don’t I accept paying a pro to do when it needs done. I do wonder what it’s going to cost to replace the arm that delivers me my shoulder belt when I close the door of my G22. LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 12:13 PM   #6
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniJots View Post
Curious to know what was the cost of the Ultimate Care+ for you guys. My dealer quoted me $1,200 for the M340i, but for some reason that sounds more expensive than what it is supposed to be.
Sorry for the late response...but I paid $2690 for 4 years for EVERYTHING (all maintenance + brakes & wipers, paint/surface, interior surface, key, glass, and tire/rim). I will tell you what...I am happy I did this, since I just had a flat that was going cost me just under $450. I paid $0, and am back in business. I also have a black exterior, so all those paint chips and scratches people on here ask where to get them fixed...I don't have to worry about it, since BMW will fix it up for me free of charge.

Any insurance is a gamble, but I am in the mindset of it's better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need it. I never do "insurance" on electronics (including phones), so I am not that person who jumps into every insurance plan offered!
Appreciate 0