Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Tracking the global pandemic

04-03-2020, 08:46 AM   #199
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

M5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I'm glad you got to see your daughters eye to eye.
Hope you had no hassle from cops stopping and asking why you are out; in some places here they are doing that...and in some instances being a nuisance not keeping the 2 metre distance asking silly questions.
Thank you my friend - it was so rich to look in their eyes (from afar); there was quite a bit of traffic on Interstate 5 (this is a 4-6 lane super highway that runs the entire west coast from Canadian border to the Mexican border); there were a TON of 18 wheel huge trucks on the highway....delivering materials I presume.
      04-03-2020, 08:58 AM   #200
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Thank you my friend - it was so rich to look in their eyes (from afar); there was quite a bit of traffic on Interstate 5 (this is a 4-6 lane super highway that runs the entire west coast from Canadian border to the Mexican border); there were a TON of 18 wheel huge trucks on the highway....delivering materials I presume.
Watch out for those trucks, they can pop a tyre loaded up and shards of rubber can fly all over the place.
Death toll here is the highest rise yet at 684,I'm not even taking the dog for a walk outside just walking round my property with him like you do yourself.
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2020, 04:46 PM   #201
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

M5 -

Quote:
Watch out for those trucks, they can pop a tyre loaded up and shards of rubber can fly all over the place.
Death toll here is the highest rise yet at 684,I'm not even taking the dog for a walk outside just walking round my property with him like you do yourself.
Indeed - the maximum weight of trucks in the US is 105,000 lbs! That's over 52 tons....

I've often wondered why 18 wheel heavy trucks do not have two front tires on each front wheel area....they have two tires on the drive wheels but not the front wheels....my thinking is if one of the front tires blows, it is an almost immediate assurance a catastrophe will occur - but if each front wheel area had two tires, it would at least limit the risk of an immediate loss of control because it at least would be less likely to have both front tires on one side be damaged.

Well said - I was going to take the Red Roadster out for it's every two week exercise, but didn't want to go with the top up (no rain today) so I just started it in the garage and let it come up to operating temp and then held it at 3K rpm for 5 min after it was at operating temp and tucked it back in the garage.
      04-03-2020, 06:38 PM   #202
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
My friend, it's like casualties from a 'war'.
Indeed my friend . Actually it's even worse because this time the global enemy is "invisible" .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      04-03-2020, 06:41 PM   #203
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

MBelgium -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Indeed my friend . Actually it's even worse because this time the global enemy is "invisible" .
Welcome home from work - hopeful your health and work is good.
      04-03-2020, 07:30 PM   #204
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Welcome home from work - hopeful your health and work is good.
Thank you my friend . I'm fine after all .
Still need some time to clear my mind from a busy week at work .
Just took a refreshing shower and a spaghetti bolognaise and now back in self quarantine for the rest of the weekend ...

Hard to believe what is going on with that killer virus ! There in no end in sight of it...

On the other hand I'm not really happy because I realize that I have to risk my life for what ?
- To keep my job ?
- To safe the company ?
- To safe the Belgian economic situation ?

Is it worth to put my life everyday in danger ?
- I don't think so . No way . But the choise is/was already made by my Belgian government , that I have to put my life in danger !
"If" I had the choise I would stay at home in self quarantine , because no matter how much money ,it's not worth a human life .
But finally I don't know what to think anymore , considering that 30 % of the Belgian companies are already in financial troubles by the virus .
A lot of people stayed at home , refused to work . Because they are afraid to get the virus , but now they are fired and ended up in financial problems .
The whole situation is very complicated by the side effects !

The keyword on my paper is "Essential"
Essential in my situation = "No choise"

Side note : They who wrote my paper are (of course) in self quarantine.You know what I mean ...

Stay healthy my friend !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 04-03-2020 at 08:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      04-04-2020, 01:52 AM   #205
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you my friend . I'm fine after all .
Still need some time to clear my mind from a busy week at work .
Just took a refreshing shower and a spaghetti bolognaise and now back in self quarantine for the rest of the weekend ...

Hard to believe what is going on with that killer virus ! There in no end in sight of it...

On the other hand I'm not really happy because I realize that I have to risk my life for what ?
- To keep my job ?
- To safe the company ?
- To safe the Belgian economic situation ?

Is it worth to put my life everyday in danger ?
- I don't think so . No way . But the choise is/was already made by my Belgian government , that I have to put my life in danger !
"If" I had the choise I would stay at home in self quarantine , because no matter how much money ,it's not worth a human life .
But finally I don't know what to think anymore , considering that 30 % of the Belgian companies are already in financial troubles by the virus .
A lot of people stayed at home , refused to work . Because they are afraid to get the virus , but now they are fired and ended up in financial problems .
The whole situation is very complicated by the side effects !

The keyword on my paper is "Essential"
Essential in my situation = "No choise"

Side note : They who wrote my paper are (of course) in self quarantine.You know what I mean ...

Stay healthy my friend !
Glad you're back safely my friend, I have spaghetti bolognaise sometimes with garlic bread and glass of red wine..tasty and quick to prepare.
Our mini heatwave is starting slowly and the gov. health minister has pleaded with public not to go out in the warm weather however tempting it may be.
Brighton seaside town is not far from me but imagining the body bags just from yesterday we are staying put and will be splashing about in our outside tub.
By the way received blu ray Le Mans 66 film, it was held up in delivery..will be watching tonight with my son..daughter and wife not interested
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2020, 07:51 AM   #206
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

My M5 and MBelgium friends -

Quote:
Glad you're back safely my friend, I have spaghetti bolognaise sometimes with garlic bread and glass of red wine..tasty and quick to prepare.
Our mini heatwave is starting slowly and the gov. health minister has pleaded with public not to go out in the warm weather however tempting it may be.
Brighton seaside town is not far from me but imagining the body bags just from yesterday we are staying put and will be splashing about in our outside tub.
By the way received blu ray Le Mans 66 film, it was held up in delivery..will be watching tonight with my son..daughter and wife not interested
Yesterday's loss:
UK: 684
Belgium: 132
US: 1,321

Greetings MBelgium,
SO sorry to hear the news about work; you find yourself in a very difficult position at this time; it sounds as if the work environment could lead to COVID exposure; I am sure you are taking every precaution possible (gloves, mask, etc) to minimize risk; is it possible for you to work from home one or two days a week from a computer, that would be beneficial.

This article regarding essential employees in the workplace in the Seattle Times - take a look:
https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...s-and-workers/

Greetings M5,
Agreed, the weather warming up will prompt people to get outside which creates more exposure and more COVID - great to hear you're self-isolating to "flatten the curve"; as I posted yesterday, I did not take the Red Roadster out to keep the battery charged - staying inside.

Last edited by racerbruce; 04-04-2020 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2020, 08:39 AM   #207
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yesterday's loss:
UK: 684
Belgium: 132
US: 1,321

Greetings MBelgium,
SO sorry to hear the news about work; you find yourself in a very difficult position at this time; it sounds as if the work environment could lead to COVID exposure; I am sure you are taking every precaution possible (gloves, mask, etc) to minimize risk; is it possible for you to work from home one or two days a week from a computer, that would be beneficial.

Greetings M5,
Agreed, the weather warming up will prompt people to get outside which creates more exposure and more COVID - great to hear you're self-isolating to "flatten the curve"; as I posted yesterday, I did not take the Red Roadster out to keep the battery charged - staying inside.
Glad you kept the RR in the garage and used the Subaru for that 100 mile return trip, probably not a good idea to drive with the hood down with those invisible bugs flying about in the wind. My 928S battery is being charged regularly for when I fire it up.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2020, 03:22 AM   #208
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
With all the doom and gloom around us..a spark of good news in that Max became champion winning the Team Redline Esports Series.
He won six of the first ten races and despite his PC crashing managed to keep the title from a quick van der Linde
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2020, 07:37 AM   #209
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
With all the doom and gloom around us..a spark of good news in that Max became champion winning the Team Redline Esports Series.
He won six of the first ten races and despite his PC crashing managed to keep the title from a quick van der Linde
Yes my friend . I saw that about MAX . As we know and like I said his driver skills reach beyond our understanding .

Yesterday a five-year-old child has died from the virus in the UK ! => https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/h...ictim-21813540
Today here in Belgium the counter is already up to + 164 and the day is not over yet !

Today the weather feels like summer . I'm outside relaxed on my terras ...
While I'm lost in words and think may all these poor people RIP .

Last night I saw this video from China . It made me sick in my stomach !
Stay healthy my friends !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      04-05-2020, 07:47 AM   #210
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yes my friend . I saw that about MAX . As we know and like I said his driver skills reach beyond our understanding .

Yesterday a five-year-old child has died from the virus in the UK ! => https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/h...ictim-21813540
Today here in Belgium the counter is already up to + 164 and the day is not over yet !

Today the weather feels like summer . I'm outside relaxed on my terras ...
While I'm lost in words and think may all these poor people RIP .

Last night I saw this video from China . It made me sick in my stomach !
Stay healthy my friends !

Cremating ppl when still barely alive but with no hope of surviving, terrible terrible situation and no one in their wildest dreams would imagine this would happen.
Where they were lying is made way for another infected person with a better chance of survival..a tragic life or death conveyor belt there.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2020, 08:36 AM   #211
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Cremating ppl when still barely alive but with no hope of surviving, terrible terrible situation and no one in their wildest dreams would imagine this would happen.
Where they were lying is made way for another infected person with a better chance of survival..a tragic life or death conveyor belt there.
That's "HORROR" my friend . Horror from "Auschwitz" in 2020 !

"WHO" ?!?! Please wake up !!!

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      04-05-2020, 08:46 AM   #212
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Well...It's just a fact !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      04-05-2020, 09:06 AM   #213
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

UK: 708
Belgium:140
US: 1,331

The latest US projections are the deaths will peak around 19 Apr....that's still a full two weeks from now....God help us all.
      04-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #214
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Well said -

Quote:
Well...It's just a fact !
Thank you for posting this.
      04-05-2020, 09:41 AM   #215
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for posting this.
No problem my friend
The more we know about this "killer virus" . The more we can do to protect us .
2 weeks ago they said to us the virus has no chance to survive in warmer or hot temperatures.
But ... No way !
Stay healthy my friend !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      04-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #216
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
That's "HORROR" my friend . Horror from "Auschwitz" in 2020 !

"WHO" ?!?! Please wake up !!!
Difference there being the ss used zyklon b gas through metal chimneys onto grilles made to look like showers in the chambers which were then closed and millions of healthy ppl were exterminated, known to the nazis as the final solution.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2020, 09:47 AM   #217
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
UK: 708
Belgium:140
US: 1,331

The latest US projections are the deaths will peak around 19 Apr....that's still a full two weeks from now....God help us all.
The infected rate might be higher today here as thousands ignore the warning and enjoy the warm weather away from home.
There is a question if INFRA RAY can treat the virus.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2020, 10:58 AM   #218
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The infected rate might be higher today here as thousands ignore the warning and enjoy the warm weather away from home.
There is a question if INFRA RAY can treat the virus.
From our latest newsflash...

Huge virus outbreak in 20 Belgian retirement homes ! => https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/04...eblog-5-april/

Belgian food store assistant from Colruyt died from the virus . He was 32 !
The food store remains *OPEN* ! That's F* unbelievable !
Seems like they want to spread the virus even more !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      04-05-2020, 11:21 AM   #219
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
From our latest newsflash...

Huge virus outbreak in 20 Belgian retirement homes ! => https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/04...eblog-5-april/

Belgian food store assistant from Colruyt died from the virus . He was 32 !
The food store remains *OPEN* ! That's F* unbelievable !
Seems like they want to spread the virus even more !
Food store assistant..just 32..and they had the 2 metre gap there presumably,
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2020, 11:55 AM   #220
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie!

Quote:
Food store assistant..just 32..and they had the 2 metre gap there presumably,
So very sad to hear that thousands in the UK are ignoring the global pandemic....watched a show this morning and it stated that EVERY single person on the planet right now has a role to play in this global community....and that is to self-distance themselves from others to help prevent the continuing spreading of this dreaded disease.

We were going to take a walk in our neighborhood today and knowing that the experts say that someone's cough can linger in the air for three hours caused us to re-think going for a walk; we will walk the perimeter of our back yard (it's big) and stay in our little area.

Such tragic news from Belgium regarding the nursing homes and the loss of a 32 yr old that worked in the local market.