Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Automatic 3D Camera

03-04-2020, 01:02 AM   #1
markt2727
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i

Automatic 3D Camera

I know it's possible to geotag your panorama view so that it automatically activates at a certain saved geographic location (like when pulling out of your driveway).

Can the same thing be done with the 3D parking camera? For instance, I'd like it to automatically turn on when pulling into my parking garage so that when I pull forward into a space I see that view without having to press the 3D camera button on the console.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #2
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by markt2727 View Post
I know it's possible to geotag your panorama view so that it automatically activates at a certain saved geographic location (like when pulling out of your driveway).

Can the same thing be done with the 3D parking camera? For instance, I'd like it to automatically turn on when pulling into my parking garage so that when I pull forward into a space I see that view without having to press the 3D camera button on the console.
I don't believe so but I would also love this option. I use the panoramic camera all the time although I do find it hit and miss with activating at the required location.
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
DomiGijzen
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 MSport High Exec (G08)

I think when you get close to obstacles it actives the parking view. Or is it the panorama view?
      03-05-2020, 06:22 AM   #4
phillyd2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

Mine does come on as I'm pulling into the garage but it's triggered by the sensors that think I'm about to hit something.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #5
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markt2727 View Post

When I pull into my driveway, car's front camera comes on; as I enter garage, the PDC sensors add how close I am to things. Works Great!

Would think that you can do the same by turning on camera & going to extreme right side of screen & checking turn on Pan view with GPS (or something like that)

Hope that helps!

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0