Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin Weird Error regarding battery

03-23-2021, 04:01 AM   #1
sadisticpandabear
Rep
Drives: G20 330E

Weird Error regarding battery

So my engine management is throwing this error.

---------
Power management: Remote software upgrade due to battery aging deactivated
---------

I have a G20 330E. Its about a year old. Would be weird if the 12V (i assume it is the 12V battery. My LAst battery on on my previous car lastest 8 years and was still working fine.

I checked the voltage, 12.2V didnt start anything. Just opened the door and popped the hood and measure it. Seems normal as door was open, interior lights were on and stuff.

State of charge was 75%, after a drive to work (all electric), SOC was 80% (70Ah original bmw battery)

Is it really my battery dying so soon? Would putting it on a trickle charger over night fix it? Yought charging the HV battery, charges the 12V also.

Or just bite the bullet and get a new battery (pretty fast after a year, have to say i bought it and must been standing for while )

//hmm checked the battery itself, why the system thinks its a 70Ah battery, i checked the battery and its has written 60ah top.

Would that cause the issue

Last edited by sadisticpandabear; 03-23-2021 at 07:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 05:21 PM   #2
jmay04
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 BMW 550xi

A bit of a late response here...any luck? I would expect the battery to be under warranty on it's own for at least 2, most likely 3 years. Going through a few problems right now with a low battery (70k miles on the battery life since changed) and struggling to have anyone besides the dealer have a good alternative to BMW (re-)branded batteries...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 05:33 AM   #3
sadisticpandabear
Rep
Drives: G20 330E

Just went tru with it and bought a new battery (60ah as a 70 doesnt fit).

Registered with the car and everything works. Car updates and everything working again and more more battery errors in error log.

Propably IT would have worked if i have re-registred the old battery.

Price for a 60ah wasnt worth the hassle, 80€ or something for a brand new EXIDE battery and that solved all issues.

My car has still less than 10k on it but yeah...new battery fixed it...
Appreciate 0