Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Delivery time survey

05-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #111
SonD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 545e (Finally :-) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcowlin View Post
By way of an update, I've now been offered a build slot in July but have declined it as the car wouldn't have HK audio, enhanced BT/wireless charging, wifi hotspot (all from the tech pack) and comfort access boot opening. There's no date for these to be available again, so I may be sitting tight for quite some time.
Yes, almost ditto - I was offered a slot mid August brought forward from end Sept, but with so many options missing from Tech+ etc, I said nope - having cancelled last week. This will be my final 'car' from new, and it will have on it what I want, or will not bother.
So my navara stays with me for a while yet.
Dealer did say that they are hopeful that options become available again in 1st qtr 22, not holding my breath there.
He could not answer why B&W not being offered over HK in high spec motors.
That would help to some degree.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 11:19 AM   #112
Adeyo
Private
Rep
Drives: i4 e40 M Sport

I'm a UK based too, had my order put in mid April this year.

Had tech pack plus, it's been pushed back a few times now.

First saying can't have tech pack plus and then they said I could without the Harman Kardon kit.

Now come back again and said no tech pack, but unsure if they mean tech pack plus or tech pack, so waiting for that clarification as it'd be borderline pointless to have the car without tech pack.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 12:10 PM   #113
johno
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon_papillon View Post
Very jealous Thomas. My G21 is currently 'at sea'. With dealer next week then should be the next week for delivery to me!
My G20 is also 'at sea', so maybe our cars are shipmates. Dealer says I should get it 10-14 days from docking.

I am (very geekily) tracking what I believe to be the ship it's on - Autopride from Cuxhaven to Southampton.
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2021, 02:08 PM   #114
SonD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 545e (Finally :-) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeyo View Post
I'm a UK based too, had my order put in mid April this year.

Had tech pack plus, it's been pushed back a few times now.

First saying can't have tech pack plus and then they said I could without the Harman Kardon kit.

Now come back again and said no tech pack, but unsure if they mean tech pack plus or tech pack, so waiting for that clarification as it'd be borderline pointless to have the car without tech pack.
Tech+ is a no go - replaced by Tech pack. Even standard tech pack is minus wireless charging / HK etc, so I would be checking in your position.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 03:27 PM   #115
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
9 week from order to pick up, California.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 05:12 PM   #116
Baldy_Bradders
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 MSport Pro & Tech - MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonD View Post
Tech+ is a no go - replaced by Tech pack. Even standard tech pack is minus wireless charging / HK etc, so I would be checking in your position.
It still comes with a HUD and Gesture control but that’s it
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 05:49 PM   #117
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

...they are showing HK for Tech + , but no wireless charging, enhanced BT or Wi Fi hot spot - might these missing options be an issue further down the road on residuals? Maybe it will be OK to have a car with 3 wheels next. Pathetic state of affairs. Only way to stomach missing essential options is a MAJOR discount.

Isn't enhanced BT a spot of software coding anyway?!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 02:54 AM   #118
Adeyo
Private
Rep
Drives: i4 e40 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy_Bradders View Post
It still comes with a HUD and Gesture control but that’s it
Well the HUD is a must for me so that's good.

To be fair with all the chopping and changing I feel I have lost track.

Will see what they come back with, I really wanted all the lane assist options etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 05:41 AM   #119
djcowlin
Captain
Rep
Drives: G21 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonD View Post
Yes, almost ditto - I was offered a slot mid August brought forward from end Sept, but with so many options missing from Tech+ etc, I said nope - having cancelled last week. This will be my final 'car' from new, and it will have on it what I want, or will not bother.
So my navara stays with me for a while yet.
My PCP doesn't end until next May and I'm in an M140i, so hardly slumming it.
      05-28-2021, 09:50 AM   #120
johno
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
My G20 is also 'at sea', so maybe our cars are shipmates. Dealer says I should get it 10-14 days from docking.

I am (very geekily) tracking what I believe to be the ship it's on - Autopride from Cuxhaven to Southampton.
Autopride docked this morning and a lot of BMWs came off (yes, I found a webcam). I suspect one of them was mine, because my dealer emailed to say the car is in the country and I should be able to pick it up on 12th of June or maybe sooner. So that would be 8 weeks from order to pickup.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 10:08 AM   #121
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
Autopride docked this morning and a lot of BMWs came off (yes, I found a webcam). I suspect one of them was mine, because my dealer emailed to say the car is in the country and I should be able to pick it up on 12th of June or maybe sooner. So that would be 8 weeks from order to pickup.
haha. thats another level of keeness!
Love it.

A level higher than contacting Genius every 5 minutes requesting a build update.
      05-28-2021, 02:50 PM   #122
Mon_papillon
Private
Rep
Drives: Ordered - G21 330e M Sport

Wish I had seen the webcam, genius confirms mine is at the U.K. Distribution centre too! So at some point in the next couple of weeks it'll be on the drive!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 12:39 PM   #123
Mon_papillon
Private
Rep
Drives: Ordered - G21 330e M Sport

So my G21 330e M Sport is with my dealer, arrived with them on the 3rd. I have to have telematics installed (company car) so delivery to me will be 18th June.

Order confirmed 15th Feb, with dealer 3rd June.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 12:39 AM   #124
Bufo802
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e touring (soon)

Car finally seems to have been built as of a week ago (G21 330e, ordered end Jan) though now apparently "delayed in transit to the UK" and anticipated early July - haven't been told about any missing parts but seems both supply chains and export is a mess at the moment. Surely shouldn't take over a month to get from Germany (I assume) to the UK?

Will believe it when I see it though - last couple of months have felt like the anticipated delivery date gets pushed back a week every week which is pretty poor expectation management from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 09:09 AM   #125
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufo802 View Post
Car finally seems to have been built as of a week ago (G21 330e, ordered end Jan) though now apparently "delayed in transit to the UK" and anticipated early July - haven't been told about any missing parts but seems both supply chains and export is a mess at the moment. Surely shouldn't take over a month to get from Germany (I assume) to the UK?

Will believe it when I see it though - last couple of months have felt like the anticipated delivery date gets pushed back a week every week which is pretty poor expectation management from BMW.
Was it build in Germany or Mexico? Lot of 3/BMW production is Mexico! Olé!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 09:52 AM   #126
johno
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I ordered my G20 M340i on 16th April, build (in Germany) was complete on 6th May, the car arrived in the UK on 28th May, and it's expected to arrive at the dealer on 14th June.

So 20 days from order to build, then 22 days to ship to UK, and 17 days to get through customs and PDI etc to dealer. He says I can collect it on 16 June if there are no unforeseen delays.

I was delighted at how quickly it was built, then a bit puzzled by the other delays. But I assume capacity is limited for shipping and maybe customs clearance is affected by Brexit.

To be fair, the initial estimate when I ordered was end of July, so under 9 weeks is actually very good.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 01:05 PM   #127
Bufo802
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e touring (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Dude View Post
Was it build in Germany or Mexico? Lot of 3/BMW production is Mexico! Olé!
Think read somewhere the G21 330es are German built but not certain on that.

Makes sense if taking a while both to get to the UK and escape the port though, heard about similar issues with supply chains around the world so while frustrating suppose just one of those things.

As long as it arrives in time for a planned North Coast 500 road trip at the end of July won't get too annoyed... small bonus of used car prices still going up for my current car!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 02:52 PM   #128
Linedancer111
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [0.00]
Still waiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
Ordered 23rd Dec (Lease Co to BMW), confirmed details by me 24th Dec
In Painsthop 2nd Feb (5.5 weeks)
Arrived UK Port 10th Feb (<7 Weeks)
Currently in 'Dealer Storage' as of 15th Feb waiting to be delivered to me
Delivery to me 2nd or 3rd March ('21 plates and old Lease Car expiry) (9.5 weeks)

If I did not have to wait for old lease to lapse, I would have had the car tomorrow 16th Feb = 7.5 weeks

Kinda makes up for having no Christmas presents at all this year!
Still waiting 12 weeks so far, told dispatched from Mexico ,due November?
Appreciate 0