Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Order update.....Uh oh

05-07-2021, 04:52 PM   #1
AlexM666
Private
Rep
Drives: z4mc

Order update.....Uh oh

So, I placed an order for the following spec car back in Late Jan / Early Feb.

330d Touring M sport Pro Edition:

- Tanzanite Blue
- Ivory Merino Leather
- Panoramic roof
- Tech Pack
- Visibility Pack
- Comfort plus pack

I had a phone call today saying some of the options are no longer available due to supply issues.

- HK sound upgrade.
- Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging
- Comfort access

I think a few other options were mentioned too, but it was a very rushed phone call.

Has anyone else had this? Should I proceed with the order? It's put a bit of a downer on the order (first car I've specced from new).

Thanks, Alex
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 05:00 PM   #2
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Personally I would wait or search the new car stock to find something close to you ideal spec. Factory order for me has to be exactly what you want.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 05:04 PM   #3
Sonz330i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw330i

I was talking to a dealer in chigwell, and he mentioned something in the lines of BMW aren't taking new orders for a 330i due to supply issues and he said the pictures on his online order form look blurry meaning they are stopping production of cars not in demand.

But I must say he was a little confused himself and was trying to push me to a 320i.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 05:12 PM   #4
AlexM666
Private
Rep

I've been trying to find a similar spec - can't find any cars with ivory merino leather which is a must for me.

I'm also baffled that I placed this order in early Feb and the dealer only informs me of this now. I have to hand back my current BMW M2 at the end of next month.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 06:06 PM   #5
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Does anyone know if supply issues just affecting certain models and engine size/type (or both), or is it accross the board with all models?
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 06:11 PM   #6
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM666 View Post
I've been trying to find a similar spec - can't find any cars with ivory merino leather which is a must for me.

I'm also baffled that I placed this order in early Feb and the dealer only informs me of this now. I have to hand back my current BMW M2 at the end of next month.
Not sure if this is relevant but my order for a G22 currently sitting at build code 1200 immediately went back to 0077 when the dealer spec changed it to individual merino leather. So we changed back to vernasca and it immediately re-instated the order back to 1200.
Apparently any BMW Individual option was putting the order back?!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 12:45 AM   #7
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Personally, I wouldn't lose sleep over not having HK (not even convinced I have it it's so underwhelming) or wireless charging, but lack of Comfort Access would be a show stopper for me.

As said above, factory order should be exactly to required spec and if you are in a position to, I would check dealers new stock.

But each to their own, I'm not fussed about leather seats at all and probably would have spec'd cloth if I could.
      05-08-2021, 01:32 AM   #8
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makefish View Post
Does anyone know if supply issues just affecting certain models and engine size/type (or both), or is it accross the board with all models?
Could be across the board with all models. I’ve got a G22 on order sitting at 1200, expected production wk 28, although I haven’t spoken to the dealer for a week or so now. I’ll see if I can get an update next week and I’ll post any further information if there is any!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 02:31 AM   #9
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
It would be all models with those options.

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 03:48 AM   #10
AlexM666
Private
Rep

It seems that top of the range models are still being built with the HK system.

Should I ask if it would make a difference if I went from a 330d m sport pro to a M340d to see if it will allow me to get the HK system?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 04:42 AM   #11
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:

Rybrook Shrewsbury have a couple of M340d Tourings with Ivory Merino in either Portimao blue or Mineral Grey ;-)
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 05:02 AM   #12
Bufo802
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e touring (soon)

Also getting slightly worried about these delays and spec downgrades (just joined here to hopefully find out more) - got a 330e touring on order from late January and just got yet another delay update to mid June.

Assume there's some sort of discount/option to walk away if significant changes made to specification?

Particularly frustrating as submitted the order with my work company car provider early December but took them over a month to get it to BMW - reckon if they'd been quicker would have got in before all these issues. Stuck with using them though so not sure what good complaining will do and looks like delays are only getting worse rather than better over the coming months.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 07:48 AM   #13
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufo802 View Post
Also getting slightly worried about these delays and spec downgrades (just joined here to hopefully find out more) - got a 330e touring on order from late January and just got yet another delay update to mid June.

Assume there's some sort of discount/option to walk away if significant changes made to specification?

Particularly frustrating as submitted the order with my work company car provider early December but took them over a month to get it to BMW - reckon if they'd been quicker would have got in before all these issues. Stuck with using them though so not sure what good complaining will do and looks like delays are only getting worse rather than better over the coming months.
You're not going to see any reduction in the price from BMW (AG) that's for sure!
You may be able to persuade the dealer to show some goodwill, possibly in the form of an accessory?
You ought to be able to get your deposit refunded though, I did when my dealer couldn't source me a car and couldn't even give me a production slot well past the new registration change this coming September!
Needless to say he got 'canned'!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:17 AM   #14
johno
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufo802 View Post

If you have the purchase contract I suggest you read it. Mine says:

"If we are unable to supply any accessory you have ordered as part of the specification, we will contact you and offer either to substitute a reasonable equivalent or to delete the accessory from the Agreement and adjust the Purchase Price accordingly. Subject to this, you shall have no claim against us in respect of our failure to supply any accessory and shall not be entitled to cancel the Agreement"

However:

"If we fail to deliver within 30 days of the estimated delivery date, you may give us notice requiring delivery. If we fail to deliver within 14 days of such notice, you may give us notice cancelling the Agreement and clause 13 will apply" - clause 13 says they will return your deposit.

TLDR: You can't cancel if they don't supply what you asked for, but you are entitled to a price reduction. And you can cancel if they don't deliver within 30 days of estimate.

For my M340i, I ordered in April and had an update on Tuesday saying the car should be ready in early June, no mention of any changes. My car has the Comfort Plus Pack, Driving Assistance Pro and Parking Assist Plus, but no Tech Pack.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #15
goodbyalfa
King of the North (living in the east...)
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i mineral white

Quote:
Just bought a stock car today.
Talking with the dealer, he mentioned HK audio and comfort access kick under the rear bumper is a no right now due to lack of computer chips.
I told him no HK audio would stop me buying a build car...
2015 330D F30 MSport EBII
2012 Alfa Guilietta 2.0d Veloce
2009 Fiat bravo sport
2000 ST Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 03:43 PM   #16
shanemeh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330I M Sport

I also ordered late Jan early Feb. I did receive a call a few weeks back about DAP being removed but mines gone into build with this added apparently. It's currently in build now so fingers crossed it looks like I'll get every spec'd.

Ordered was 330i M Sport Pro G21
Tech Plus
Comfort Plus
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 03:46 PM   #17
shanemeh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330I M Sport

OP - Has your car gone into build yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 05:00 PM   #18
AlexM666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemeh View Post
OP - Has your car gone into build yet?
Not yet. I was only informed of the changes yesterday.

This is all a bit ridiculous. Ordered this car on the 5th of Feb. I was told May delivery. From speaking to the dealer today...If I do decide to proceed...delivery will be end of June at the earliest.

Getting very frustrated with BMW, close to pulling the plug on the order.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 05:09 PM   #19
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Not yet. I was only informed of the changes yesterday.

This is all a bit ridiculous. Ordered this car on the 5th of Feb. I was told May delivery. From speaking to the dealer today...If I do decide to proceed...delivery will be end of June at the earliest.

Getting very frustrated with BMW, close to pulling the plug on the order.
Whereabouts is your dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 05:13 PM   #20
AlexM666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
Whereabouts is your dealer?
Milton Keynes.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2021, 05:24 PM   #21
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Milton Keynes.
My original order late February was in the North East that I cancelled with because they couldn’t supply a car. I was just wondering where you were having problems at.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 05:31 PM   #22
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

I would cancel on your situation. The ‘toys’ are the best bit.
Appreciate 0