Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

06-03-2021, 06:02 PM   #23
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
I suggest waiting for a look at the Genesis G70 and GV70 electric vehicles. That brand is on a roll with great product.
Or the Kia EV6 GT, which also is quicker than the EV BMW is throwing the M badge on.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 06:35 PM   #24
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGrüneHölle View Post
Or the Kia EV6 GT, which also is quicker than the EV BMW is throwing the M badge on.
Yes, but need to be accepting of that unusual design and smaller size vehicle. Visually, I’d prefer the Ioniq 5 from sister brand Hyundai but both siblings are too small for my purpose. I’m not that concerned with fastest acceleration for this family car purpose for us, so those differences are not a high priority.

Last edited by Sportstick; 06-03-2021 at 06:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 11:27 PM   #25
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Ooops, I didn't realise it's forbidden to go critical on a car in it's own section. Probably offensive for the members not ready to deal with dissonant ideas to their one?

Although I personally like this i4 a lot (except its excessive weight maybe), I'am particularly interested to understand the motivation of the sceptics. It helps to avoid blind spots with a more 360° comprehension of the value proposal.
Its fine being critical of a car that is a good thing but there is a point where the critical part has been heard so many times and ain't gonna change at this time for example with the styling. But before i posted my post i made sure to check that guys post previously and it was all in that direction with bashing the new style, bashing and whining otherwise i rather not comment to certain posts sens at that point my posting aint much better then those who whine post. So it is a double edged sword it makes me look like a fanboy of BMW.

BMW is a company and their goal is like with many other companies to sell as much of their products as possible. So being critical to them is a good thing, but just whining that is a different thing.

We all know we have all heard the complaints about the new styling and all the jokes surrounding it and some of it has been well deserved critic and some other stuff not so much.

For example i have seen a lot of people being worried about the weight of the car, and that is a proper thing to be worried about sens a car that weights this much comes both with range issues and performance issues in this regard and BMW needs to work hard on reducing weight on their cars. But then there is the regulations that forces them to add weight for safety reasons but that means that they should be innovating as a company to reduce that gained weight.

So for the rant post.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 11:53 AM   #26
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

I was all about pre ordering this until I started comparing it to others.

The fact that the new Ford lightning is only 600 lbs heavier (huge pickup truck) is sad and it has better range (300 miles) then the M50, while starting at $49,900.

Tesla 3 weighs similar to the M4 convertible (maybe less) which is impressive.

Just seems like the i4 was a half ass attempt at getting a electric sedan out there. Having said that, looks wise it looks great since it's similar to a standard 4 series gran coupe compared to a i3/ix design. Just wish it was under 4500 lbs which it should have been, would have increased range and performance numbers.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 12:27 PM   #27
MoeMuc
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I wonder how it would end if they came up with an i4 without an instrument cluster, without a HUD a lot less soundproofing, thinner windows, not so wide tires no laser lights, a bit less fallback systems for security purpose….and maybe they could start selling one of the mules that are produced from now on for nearly a year to customers.
The car then probably would be available earlier, it would be lighter and probably a lot cheaper.
And maybe it also helps a bit to tune the claimed figures, because nothing else counts.
      06-05-2021, 04:07 AM   #28
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
Its fine being critical of a car that is a good thing but there is a point where the critical part has been heard so many times and ain't gonna change at this time for example with the styling. But before i posted my post i made sure to check that guys post previously and it was all in that direction with bashing the new style, bashing and whining otherwise i rather not comment to certain posts sens at that point my posting aint much better then those who whine post. So it is a double edged sword it makes me look like a fanboy of BMW.

BMW is a company and their goal is like with many other companies to sell as much of their products as possible. So being critical to them is a good thing, but just whining that is a different thing.

We all know we have all heard the complaints about the new styling and all the jokes surrounding it and some of it has been well deserved critic and some other stuff not so much.

For example i have seen a lot of people being worried about the weight of the car, and that is a proper thing to be worried about sens a car that weights this much comes both with range issues and performance issues in this regard and BMW needs to work hard on reducing weight on their cars. But then there is the regulations that forces them to add weight for safety reasons but that means that they should be innovating as a company to reduce that gained weight.

So for the rant post.
I can understand your frustration, but realise it's entirely triggered by BMW design themselves. When you read the interviews with Dukec and Vanhooydonck, this was their goal: They never do car clinics since they ignore the criticism anyway and see it as an inability to change, they knew from the start that 80% doesn't endorse it but that's ok since BMW is not there for the masses, they embrace controversy since to them that's the proof they did it right, they don't take design lessons from "normal" folks like we.

So I'am afraid this discussion will be part of BMW as from now on and will only fade a bit, but probably will never disappear.

Not favourable for the future of communities like this one!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #29
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

If you guy's looking for a light and cheap car, BMW isn't your brand tho...
Appreciate 0