Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Problems With G20 Since Delivery

03-02-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Problems With G20 Since Delivery

Hey guys, I want to make a dedicated thread to all the issues I have been exposed to on the G20. These are all electrical problems, there aren't much but I would like to discuss what I have experienced thus far. I was one of the first to own a G20 330i back in February 2019.

The issues are as listed below:

- Passenger side mirror stopped functioning. Cannot adjust mirror, and mirror does not fold. Turn signals on side mirror still functional. Still have not repaired this issue, only started happening for about a month. Waiting to be serviced by the dealership.

- Driver side window control console and mirror console malfunction. Lights are off, no response to any input. Windows cannot be rolled down or up. Mirrors cannot be adjusted. Fixed itself the next day, not sure if this will be a reoccurring issue.

- Driver side seat module malfunction. Replaced defective part under warranty by BMW. Occurred approximately 6 months after delivery.

Has anyone else experienced any of these electrical issues on the G20? If so, has anyone found any solutions to the ones I've listed besides the ones that have been fixed either under warranty or by itself.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 06:32 PM   #2
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Hey guys, I want to make a dedicated thread to all the issues I have been exposed to on the G20. These are all electrical problems, there aren't much but I would like to discuss what I have experienced thus far. I was one of the first to own a G20 330i back in February 2019.

The issues are as listed below:

- Passenger side mirror stopped functioning. Cannot adjust mirror, and mirror does not fold. Turn signals on side mirror still functional. Still have not repaired this issue, only started happening for about a month. Waiting to be serviced by the dealership.

- Driver side window control console and mirror console malfunction. Lights are off, no response to any input. Windows cannot be rolled down or up. Mirrors cannot be adjusted. Fixed itself the next day, not sure if this will be a reoccurring issue.

- Driver side seat module malfunction. Replaced defective part under warranty by BMW. Occurred approximately 6 months after delivery.

Has anyone else experienced any of these electrical issues on the G20? If so, has anyone found any solutions to the ones I've listed besides the ones that have been fixed either under warranty or by itself.
I haven’t had any issues with my car *touchwood* But the second issue that you’ve mentioned (point number 2). I’ve seen others have the same issue on here. They also mentioned the mirror on the drivers side wouldn’t auto fold. Apparently they needed parts to be replaced to correct that issue?
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 06:36 PM   #3
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

I had the passenger side mirror not unfold after parking. The whole mirror assembly had to be replaced. I then had to fix the door panel because it was put on poorly :/

fortunately I new how to assemble the door panel from installing my bavsound system.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #4
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumodoc View Post
I had the passenger side mirror not unfold after parking. The whole mirror assembly had to be replaced. I then had to fix the door panel because it was put on poorly :/

fortunately I new how to assemble the door panel from installing my bavsound system.
Did you do the mirror yourself too? Or did the dealer do it under warranty? If so, how long did it take?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #5
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Did you do the mirror yourself too? Or did the dealer do it under warranty? If so, how long did it take?
The dealer did the mirror under warranty. It took about a week and a half because parts had to be shipped In from Germany. Once the part was there the car was done the next day.
Appreciate 0