Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Suspension options coming from an M2

03-01-2021, 09:12 AM   #1
Rodan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 6MT LBB M2

Suspension options coming from an M2

I'm seriously considering getting an M340i as some of my family needs have changed and I need a 4 door car. I've been speccing out various options and one I keep coming back to is the M Sport suspension vs. Adaptive.

I've spent some time reading the various threads and not to try to beat a dead horse, but just trying to figure out what I'd be missing out on if I just went with the standard suspension. I did get a chance to test out a 340i which did not have the regular M sport suspension and I found it fairly compliant and comfortable enough and certainly more so than the M2 that I drive daily. It had the run flat tires and I'm definitely looking to get the Cooling and High Performance Tire Package on the vehicle I spec out so that may also change the ride slightly.

Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever driven a car with an adaptive suspension, so not sure I had an idea on how it feels on the road. Tried to find a car in the area that I could test drive that had adaptive, but they seem to be hard to come by.

Any comments are appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 02:26 AM   #2
Ikester19
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
I'm seriously considering getting an M340i as some of my family needs have changed and I need a 4 door car. I've been speccing out various options and one I keep coming back to is the M Sport suspension vs. Adaptive.

I've spent some time reading the various threads and not to try to beat a dead horse, but just trying to figure out what I'd be missing out on if I just went with the standard suspension. I did get a chance to test out a 340i which did not have the regular M sport suspension and I found it fairly compliant and comfortable enough and certainly more so than the M2 that I drive daily. It had the run flat tires and I'm definitely looking to get the Cooling and High Performance Tire Package on the vehicle I spec out so that may also change the ride slightly.

Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever driven a car with an adaptive suspension, so not sure I had an idea on how it feels on the road. Tried to find a car in the area that I could test drive that had adaptive, but they seem to be hard to come by.

Any comments are appreciated.
I replaced my OG M2 with a M340ix (with Adaptive Suspension) last year. In comfort mode the suspension feels very 'comfortable' and more like a luxury cruiser. In Sport mode is when this car really shines, slightly stiff but very compliant. I'd highly recommend the Adaptive suspension option as it transforms the ride quality which essentially is one of the attributes which gives the car a dual personality.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:09 AM   #3
radair
Private
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50

Is the Adaptive suspension as low as the standard M suspension?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 12:18 PM   #4
Rodan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 6MT LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikester19 View Post
I replaced my OG M2 with a M340ix (with Adaptive Suspension) last year. In comfort mode the suspension feels very 'comfortable' and more like a luxury cruiser. In Sport mode is when this car really shines, slightly stiff but very compliant. I'd highly recommend the Adaptive suspension option as it transforms the ride quality which essentially is one of the attributes which gives the car a dual personality.
Thanks for the info. I will likely go for the adaptive.
Appreciate 0