BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Using cheat codes in e-sys

05-17-2020, 03:57 PM   #1
msudawg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S Clubman

Using cheat codes in e-sys

Hello all, (sorry in advance for the long post, but I hope someone can help me.)

I am attempting to switch to LCI Union Jack tail lights in my Mini Clubman. I have been provided with the harness, instructions along with the cheat codes. I am currently waiting for the tailights to come in from Germany, but am gearing up for the conversion.

I am hoping someone on this forum can confirm my steps in e-sys.

The original file was sent as F54LCI_Taillights.xml which I copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\TokenMaster\E-Sys Launcher PRO\FDLCodes\

When I go to e-sys launcher pro, v2.8.1.155, I click FDL cheat codes and make sure that F54LCI_taillights is checked and then Launch Now. Next, I load the FA in the Vehicle order and Read ECU. All of this looks normal.

However, when I go to Editors and Viewers and click FDL-editor, I don't see any codes auto-populate in the Available Cheat Codes.

In conversation with the author, he sent me the following file: CAFD_000017BE_080_010_128.ncd which I have saved on my desktop.
Name:  e-sys folder showing CAFD 128.jpg
Views: 2086
Size:  228.5 KB

When I check the CAF folder, I don't see this fileCAFD_000017BE_080_010_128.ncd in the folder C:data:CAF, Name:  Cant locate CAFD file 128 for cheat codes.jpg
Views: 2063
Size:  231.4 KB

I can access the file by going to the FDL-editor and from the File Name box, pointing to the desktop folder from the FDL-editor. Name:  e-sys folder showing CAFD 128.jpg
Views: 2086
Size:  228.5 KB

My questions are:

Should the files load into my CAF folder when selecting the Cheat codes from the launcher? And if so, why am I not seeing it?

Should I copy the .ncd file ending in 128 from my desktop to my CAF folder or can I just point to the file currently stored in my desktop from the FDL-editor and load the codes that way?

Once loaded and I have the correct boxes checked (top 5 boxes), Name:  file location in e-sys folder on desktop.jpg
Views: 2084
Size:  276.5 KBdo I just click apply and all of the coding in my checked boxes run or are there additional steps I need to do to code the car correctly?

One final question, since I received these cheat codes from someone else, should I click the Developer CAFD button next to the connect button to allow or is it ok to keep it disallowed?

Thank you in advance, any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0