Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge NBA Playoffs

05-27-2009, 12:00 AM   #353
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

I don't think it will be a sweep since Lewis had to make 2 clutch shots. Lewis had clutch 3 point in game 1 and clutch 3 pointer in game 4 to put it in overtime. Without Lewis, they will be in big trouble...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:37 AM   #354
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

magic are legit

lakers-magic

lakers take it
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:47 AM   #355
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
magic are legit

lakers-magic

lakers take it
That would be beautiful.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:58 AM   #356
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

kobe vs lebron would be even more beautiful
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 04:52 AM   #357
Sneeze
Captain
Rep

Cleveland hit a freaking brick wall this time. Lebron cant do it all by himself. Same thing what happen to the Lakers last year. May the best team win tho.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #358
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude

nuggets and magics!

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #359
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Magic are legit to a point. They are also pulling a lot of "magic" out of their asses. Making 15 3's is just insane. Problem is that's all they do is shoot 3's, 4 guys behind the arc and Howard alone in the paint.

Big Z is the Cav's Achilles heel on defense. He can't defend quick power big men. That's not just Howard, that's 60% of the NBA centers now. Wallace basically shut Howard down offensively when he was in but for whatever reason they keep going back to Z like he's going to figure out how to guard Howard.

The Cavs have had their chances in game 1 and last night. The series could just as easily be 3-1 in the Cavs favor. But they've been blowing it. They've responded to being down in a series before I just don't know if they'll be able to do it this time.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #360
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

nuggets and magic!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #361
FOXYCaymanS
_
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cayman S / Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaneRZ View Post
nuggets and magics!
+1, sorry I'm not into the mediabuzz of lakers vs cav's...

....but I'm only hating
      05-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #362
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

I tried to not get involved in the playoff thread this year, since I spend more time on NBA forums than e90post (and I tend to get carried away)...

but seriously, the Magic making 3s like this isn't surprising. I know a lot of you are west coast Laker fans that are used to losing in the playoffs when all the Lakers when Kobe isn't dominating is shoot buckets loads of 3s... But the Magic have multiple 38+% career 3pt shooters in the starting lineup. No other team has anything remotely close to a 6'9 39% 3pt shooter (Turk) paired with a 6'10 40% career 3pt shooter (Rashard).

This isn't a fluke. They have a superstar post player who is clearly the best defender/paint protector in the last 6-7 years. They have a pg who knows how to run an offense. And they surround the perimeter with the BEST 3 point shooters in the game. And unlike the Lakers' Ariza, Orlando's defensive sacrificial lamb of sorts still puts up 36% from downtown.

The Lakers and Cavs without question, have the two best players in the league by a pretty big margin, but the rest of the guys just aren't that great, with the exclusion of Gasol. But when Gasol left Memphis and wasn't THE guy anymore, it became clear that he's a great player, not an elite player. He's not a defensive stopper against anything other than the weak bigs that play in the west or opposing guards going for layups (We saw what KG did to the guy)..

Then you have vujabitch, ariza, and fisher... glorified role players thta would never crack more than 15 minutes a game if they weren't amplified by Kobe.

The Cavs have delonte west and mo williams (who needs to shut his mouth. No one knew who he was last year, and what kind of all star point guard averages 4 assists in a season). Big Z and Ben are old as dirt, and Varejao is ridiculously soft.

Then there's this ex factor Bynum, but I don't even need to speak about him.

Regardless, the Nuggets and the Magic are solid well-rounded teams, and time and time again, we've seen how elite TEAMS that play defense always seem to beat Players and their motley crews. The Spurs, the Pistons, the Celtics, all showed the importance of defense, post play, perimeter shooting, and accountability that the Cavs and the Lakers on occassion during these playoffs have clearly lacked.

So, with that I say. Nuggets and Magic. Leave the fairytail matchups for playstation.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #363
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
I tried to not get involved in the playoff thread this year, since I spend more time on NBA forums than e90post (and I tend to get carried away)...

but seriously, the Magic making 3s like this isn't surprising. I know a lot of you are west coast Laker fans that are used to losing in the playoffs when all the Lakers when Kobe isn't dominating is shoot buckets loads of 3s... But the Magic have multiple 38+% career 3pt shooters in the starting lineup. No other team has anything remotely close to a 6'9 39% 3pt shooter (Turk) paired with a 6'10 40% career 3pt shooter (Rashard).

This isn't a fluke. They have a superstar post player who is clearly the best defender/paint protector in the last 6-7 years. They have a pg who knows how to run an offense. And they surround the perimeter with the BEST 3 point shooters in the game. And unlike the Lakers' Ariza, Orlando's defensive sacrificial lamb of sorts still puts up 36% from downtown.

The Lakers and Cavs without question, have the two best players in the league by a pretty big margin, but the rest of the guys just aren't that great, with the exclusion of Gasol. But when Gasol left Memphis and wasn't THE guy anymore, it became clear that he's a great player, not an elite player. He's not a defensive stopper against anything other than the weak bigs that play in the west or opposing guards going for layups (We saw what KG did to the guy)..

Then you have vujabitch, ariza, and fisher... glorified role players thta would never crack more than 15 minutes a game if they weren't amplified by Kobe.

The Cavs have delonte west and mo williams (who needs to shut his mouth. No one knew who he was last year, and what kind of all star point guard averages 4 assists in a season). Big Z and Ben are old as dirt, and Varejao is ridiculously soft.

Regardless, the Nuggets and the Magic are solid well-rounded teams, and time and time again, we've seen how elite TEAMS that play defense always seem to beat Players and their motley crews. The Spurs, the Pistons, the Celtics, all showed the importance of defense, post play, perimeter shooting, and accountability that the Cavs and the Lakers on occassion during these playoffs have clearly lacked.

So, with that I say. Nuggets and Magic. Leave the fairytail matchups for playstation.
+1. VERY well said!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #364
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:

lol Ariza's defense is doing the walking. That has nothing to do with Kobe.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #365
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

But ariza's offense is absolutely nothing but a byproduct of kobe bryant.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #366
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaneRZ View Post
nuggets and magics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXYone View Post
+1, sorry I'm not into the mediabuzz of lakers vs cav's...

....but I'm only hating
+2
It would be perfect because it would really upset the NBA.

I actually believe it it were a Kobe/Lebron final, it wouldn't be as exciting as everyone is predicting.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #367
Bimmerboy87
Banned
Rep

You guys do realize that this entire NBA playoffs really isnt the truth in my opinion. Boston took the magic to 7 games....WITHOUT GARNETT! That's crazy in my opinion. If Boston had Garnett back, I truly believe that Boston would win it all again. What do you guys think?

P.S. I'm not a Boston Celtic fan either.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #368
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 335 COUPE

UMMMM its not true? its so true, the best four teams are in the playoffs right now...YES boston is a lesser team without garnett which is why they arent in right now, so that holds true...this could have easily happenned to any team, its the grim reality of sports...im an underdog guy so im rooting for a nuggets-magic finals...from there id be rooting for the nuggets
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #369
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
But ariza's offense is absolutely nothing but a byproduct of kobe bryant.
The offense is just an added bonus. Lakers really use him for his D and hustle.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #370
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

east is going to take it no matter what. Whoever wins out of the cavs/magic series, their Defense is unstoppable....even if kobe is so called "unstoppable" his team isn't doing shit right now.

The way they're playing, they will lose in a heart beat. Unless his team helps him out, I don't see them winning.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #371
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
east is going to take it no matter what. Whoever wins out of the cavs/magic series, their Defense is unstoppable....even if kobe is so called "unstoppable" his team isn't doing shit right now.

The way they're playing, they will lose in a heart beat. Unless his team helps him out, I don't see them winning.
Magic beating the Lakers I can see but not Cleveland. There is no way Lebron is beating the Lakers by himself.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #372
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_mcfly View Post
kobe vs lebron would be even more beautiful
Better go bust out NBA '09 then

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #373
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobunited View Post
Mike Brown coach of the year? hahahahaha
I don't think it's even fair that he got it. When you have a player like James..what do you tell him during time outs? "Fellas, ball goes to Lebron"? LOL.

You can see through him and how nervous he was when he shot those 2 freethrows last night. But the kid is very young still and easily can do 10 more years in the league.

Odom is doing work right now!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #374
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

lakers got this.
Appreciate 0