Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK BMW Advanced Car Eye 3.0 Pro

09-19-2023, 04:47 AM   #67
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeng82 View Post
There is no warning when you have reached your cards storage limit, the device just overwrites the previous stored data.
That's how pretty much every dashcam on the market works.

P.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 04:50 PM   #68
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Today had the 3.0 fitted to my car and a second one fitted to my wife's 2 series coupe.
Installation is first class, very neat, discrete and carefully executed and no squeaks, creaks, rattles or vibrations built in with the fitting...bonus.
The technician who installed them is passionate about doing it right and getting them right which is refreshing to see in this day and age.
Overall I'm delighted with the quality of the jobs.
Haven't even got round to downloading the app yet let alone setting them up as other things have gotten in the way today. Something to look forward to tomorrow with her car, mine will have to wait until it's back from the bodyshop to which it is returning tomorrow to have the replaced door mirror painted again since they've c*cked up the first attempt leaving at least seven dirt inclusions in the finish, two right on the 'light lines' of the moulding you can clearly see from ten feet away....knackers!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 12:13 AM   #69
MisterG
Private
England
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring, TVR Chimaera

Can I ask - those who have had the cameras installed by their dealer.. Is the fitted price (which seems to be advertised around the £650 mark for the two cam pro) negotiable?

I have a nextbase 311 from my old car - but it ain’t great picture quality and would like something dual-cam this time round.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 02:54 AM   #70
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterG View Post
Can I ask - those who have had the cameras installed by their dealer.. Is the fitted price (which seems to be advertised around the £650 mark for the two cam pro) negotiable?

I have a nextbase 311 from my old car - but it ain’t great picture quality and would like something dual-cam this time round.
My preferred local dealer is £475 supplied and fitted for the 3.0 and £575 for the 3.0 Pro that’s Stratstone group, I believe Rybrook group as well as some others are offering similar deals.
I negotiated a bit extra off because had two cars fitted the same day with 3.0’s.
That is front and rear cameras.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 03:12 AM   #71
xDrive320D
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M-Sport Touring xDriv

I paid £495 for the "PRO" version ... Despite me asking about 6 times to confirm it as I knew it was wrong they eventually owned up to the mistake but did it for the price quoted
      09-27-2023, 07:08 AM   #72
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive320D View Post
I paid £495 for the "PRO" version ... Despite me asking about 6 times to confirm it as I knew it was wrong they eventually owned up to the mistake but did it for the price quoted
That was a cracking deal if I may say so!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 07:16 AM   #73
xDrive320D
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
That was a cracking deal if I may say so!
I asked about 6 times because I knew it was wrong lol they kept saying yes its the one with the screen...

In the end they admitted it was an error
      09-27-2023, 07:24 AM   #74
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I decided against the Pro figuring that once the novelty wore off I'd probably not bother about reviewing files unless it was something specific I was looking for. I'm sure the app will work fine once I actually get round to installing it and then connecting to the camera.
Just got my car back yesterday and this morning it's back to the bodyshop for them to rectify their sh*tty paint finish on my mirror cover. Hopefully he'll be back home by Friday. In the meanwhile I'll set 'er indoor's camera up and have a play with the settings and if anything goes belly up it's not my car it's hers!

Incidentally she was adamant she didn't want the screened Pro version in her car, in fact she didn't really want one at all, it was my insistence just in case what happened to my car ever happened to her car in the future, hopefully not, but if it did it would be my fault for not getting a camera fitted to her car as well.

Never expect to win just hope to break even!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 02:02 AM   #75
xDrive320D
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I decided against the Pro figuring that once the novelty wore off I'd probably not bother about reviewing files unless it was something specific I was looking for. I'm sure the app will work fine once I actually get round to installing it and then connecting to the camera.
Just got my car back yesterday and this morning it's back to the bodyshop for them to rectify their sh*tty paint finish on my mirror cover. Hopefully he'll be back home by Friday. In the meanwhile I'll set 'er indoor's camera up and have a play with the settings and if anything goes belly up it's not my car it's hers!

Incidentally she was adamant she didn't want the screened Pro version in her car, in fact she didn't really want one at all, it was my insistence just in case what happened to my car ever happened to her car in the future, hopefully not, but if it did it would be my fault for not getting a camera fitted to her car as well.

Never expect to win just hope to break even!!!
I must admit I have not really used the screen apart from looking around, use the APP most the time, but I had a good deal on it (by mistake lol ) so why not

Think they actually charged me for the non-screen version despite a lot of emails asking "you sure thats right"
      09-28-2023, 01:49 PM   #76
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I reckon you did indeed pay for the 3.0 version and not the Pro.
Didn't you have yours supplied and fitted by a Vertu dealer in York?
If that was the case then our local Stratstone dealer was slightly undercutting the even more local (to me that is) Vertu dealer, and the Lloyd dealer as well if I remember correctly.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 02:06 PM   #77
xDrive320D
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I reckon you did indeed pay for the 3.0 version and not the Pro.
Didn't you have yours supplied and fitted by a Vertu dealer in York?
If that was the case then our local Stratstone dealer was slightly undercutting the even more local (to me that is) Vertu dealer, and the Lloyd dealer as well if I remember correctly.
Oh I am convinced that is what they did, and gave them every chance to put it right lol

No I had it done by Stratstone in Hull, Vertu wanted the £650 ish that everyone quotes..

I fell out with Vertu in York completely useless! they just have a crap attitude really..

Based on the two visits I have had to Stratstone in Hull, once for the camera and again Monday it went for its brake fluid change and first MOT (no charge to me as it was a service plan) they are fantastic to deal with.

Got the jobs done straight away, dropped off at 8am and the MyBMW APP showed it moved before 9 am, not sat in carpark for 6 hours like Vertu, the staff are very friendly and nice to talk too.. I can recommend them!

In fact I started a new service plan which covers MOT's and services (2) until 2027 and the brake fluid change

Plus gave me a new 118d when it had the camera and a new X1 Monday..

Must say I really like the X1

No idea why IPHONE always rotates pictures perfect on my phone and PC just when you upload
Attached Images

09-28-2023, 02:34 PM   #78
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Vertu at York were originally Castles I think (it's where my late mother-in-law used to get her cars from and serviced at, then they became part of the Cooper group before being bought by Vertu.
Never used Vertu at Sunderland (the nearest one to me) for any workshop visits but know they are mean when it comes to any discount on parts.
We've used Stratstone Tyneside ever since my wife bought a BMW from them back in 1997. We've seen four dealer principals (sorry 'Head of Business' now...for crying out loud!) come and go over the years but some staff have been there now for umpteen years so we have a very good rapport with them.
They have some excellent technicians working there and we do rate them very highly. It has certainly been the case yesterday when we had both cars in during the day, mine in the morning and my wife's in the afternoon, to have 3.0's fitted to both cars. The senior technician who did the cars is a perfectionist when it comes to neatness of installation and I have to say has done a superb job so we're well pleased with this most recent visit. Don't get me wrong they don't get it perfectly right every time but are very quick to make amends and remedy any problems.
I consider myself pretty patient when it comes to getting any issues we have resolved and have found through personal experience it is far better to 'work with the dealer than against them' it invariably always achieves good results and doesn't get anyone's back up.
It sounds like you are experiencing similar circumstances with the Stratstone dealership you are using which is really good to hear and tends to suggest it could possibly be a company wide ethos? Let's hope that's the case!

So I've paired up the wife's dash cam to the app on her phone and it all seems fairly straightforward for me to administer (she won't have a bloody clue and will ask me how to do anything or more likely ask me to 'just sort it'!!), the only thing I haven't turned off is the audio announcements by the lady with the American accent...because it annoys the wife!

Mine will be getting 'paired' tomorrow when I'll FINALLY get it back from the bodyshop having been promised that will definitely be the case, around mid-morning they've said.....just you watch it'll be p*ssing down when I go to collect it!!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 02:53 PM   #79
xDrive320D
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I can remember when they were Cooper BMW... then when to Vertu but I think you are right and it was Castle BMW..

The installation on mine does look very good and no creaks or squeaks from any removed trim..

Maybe it is the Stratstone way, look after people which is good, I have only been in twice and they did not even ask my name, knew who i was when I sat down.. that was the same advisor which again is good..

When I collected it Monday she asked me if the X1 was OK for me as it may have been a bit big, just said I loved it I like the high position, the car was a nice size, comfortable, and on the whole iDrive 8 was nice to look at but two things I did not like...

1. Bloody fingerprints, I hate them on the screen, never use mine in my iDrive 7 always use the controller apart from the odd time

2. It is hard to find anything in the settings, maybe just me but everything seemed hard to find.

Only other personal gripe was the wheels looked too small being 18", think if I had one it would need 19" or 20" option..

The American lady annoys me lol it is the first volume slider I think which was turned down but the advisor did say they do firmware updates by themselves which may explain why mine turned on by itself lol

As I say I can recommend (so far) Stratstone in Hull.. they are not "up there own backsides" like Vertu..
      09-28-2023, 03:47 PM   #80
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

My response has been delayed because I made the mistake of leaving the computer unattended, she's been nosing at my last post on here and as a consequence of that I've been in the garage changing the 'annoying American female voice' to the male voice on wife's insistence! Still American accent but apparently (according to her) sounds more like Bradley Cooper so that's alright then eh?...."can't kill 'em; can't live without 'em" !!

Straying off topic here but interesting your comments on ID8. Not in any way wishing to insult any readers on here with ID8 and are very happy with it but it's not for an old fossil like me. I too can't abide fingerprints on the touchscreen and tell everyone who ever gets in my car that it isn't touchscreen in case they're tempted to find out, voice command is an utter waste of time because it never understands my accent and I get irritated searching through too many menu screens to find things especially when I'm driving, so, no not for me thanks!

Back to these dash cams. Whilst doing said voice change when I paired the app to the device it said 2 G shock records whilst parked...so where do I find them in the app? I'm not expecting them to reveal anything nasty since the car's been parked in the garage all the time, it's probably her slamming the boot lid!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 03:55 AM   #81
xDrive320D
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I think it just records them as video files and adds them to the list in the recording tab.. only difference is they are about 20 seconds long

Mine does this in a locked garage for about 24 hours for some reason then I presume the unit powers off to conserve battery.

Just a lot of black videos appear lol .. I did adjust the sensitivity a little
      09-29-2023, 07:16 AM   #82
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I think it just records them as video files and adds them to the list in the recording tab.. only difference is they are about 20 seconds long

Mine does this in a locked garage for about 24 hours for some reason then I presume the unit powers off to conserve battery.

Just a lot of black videos appear lol .. I did adjust the sensitivity a little
Thanks for that!..I'll have another look at her files for her camera, I'm just about to set mine up with the app. The car is finally back home where it belongs and cleared from the bodyshop. This whole sorry saga has taken almost six weeks to resolve since the incident occurred of which about five weeks of that the car was off the road...at least it kept the mileage down!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 07:24 AM   #83
xDrive320D
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah I only use mine at weekends mostly as I have a works van, I can lock it away on a Sunday night and get about 150 alerts, no idea what would trigger it..

The 3.0 cameras are supposed to have battery management to stop it draining the battery in park mode which is why I think mine stops after 24 hours
      09-29-2023, 09:14 AM   #84
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I only use mine at weekends mostly as I have a works van, I can lock it away on a Sunday night and get about 150 alerts, no idea what would trigger it..

The 3.0 cameras are supposed to have battery management to stop it draining the battery in park mode which is why I think mine stops after 24 hours
You've got the 3.0 Pro though haven't you? In which case is it the passive sensor detecting movement around the front and/or back of the car whilst it's in your garage?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 09:21 AM   #85
xDrive320D
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You've got the 3.0 Pro though haven't you? In which case is it the passive sensor detecting movement around the front and/or back of the car whilst it's in your garage?
I have no idea what triggers it unless it works through a steel door from the rear, but I think the sensor is in the front camera...

If I view the recordings most are just black as in night time lol
      09-30-2023, 04:49 AM   #86
rodc271
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mineral White 330i M Sport Pro

I am having the same issue with alerts and the Pro version. I don’t believe the exit/entry timer works.

No matter how I enter my G20, I always get sharp trigger event has occurred alerts.

Could the issue be with keyless entry not triggering the entry timer? Never tried unlocking manually via the key to see if that stops the trigger.
      10-06-2023, 04:34 PM   #87
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodc271 View Post
I am having the same issue with alerts and the Pro version. I don’t believe the exit/entry timer works.

No matter how I enter my G20, I always get sharp trigger event has occurred alerts.

Could the issue be with keyless entry not triggering the entry timer? Never tried unlocking manually via the key to see if that stops the trigger.
Maybe....although I can't see how the shock sensor would be triggered from just unlocking the car? Excuse the pun, but the sensitivity would need to be a 'hair trigger' surely for a recorded activation in those circumstances.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 04:43 PM   #88
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Maybe I'm not getting this app thing right but when I connect to camera and start to have a rake through the recorded events list the camera disconnects from my iPhone and I have to go through the re-connect all over again. So my question is does the car need to have the engine running whilst stationary and I'm checking the camera or will 'ignition ready' state be sufficient?

Does the unit go into a stand-by 'sleep' mode when the car is switched off and if so how long after switching off the engine?

I'm not very competent with these app based things at the best of times so I'm not really sure what I'm doing!

Starting to regret not going for the 3.0 Pro now, at least I could have 'interrogated' the unit from the attached screen as opposed to through the bloody app!.......Might explore the possibility of swapping for the Pro with the dealer since these have only been fitted a week ago and as far as mine was concerned was back in the bodyshop for most of that anyway!
Appreciate 0