Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs Beige Sensatec

11-15-2022, 07:01 AM   #1
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW330e

Beige Sensatec

Phytonic Blue w/ Beige Sensatec interior.
First off... let me say that I think the spec looks amazing.

But now that I've seen it... I'm concerned that the Beige will pick up all sorts of color transfer and smudges and so on.

My prior plan was to use 303 Automotive on all of the plastic & vinyl interior components and Gyeon LeatherCleaner Mild & LeatherCoat on my steering wheel.

Now I'm wondering if I should spring for something like LeatherShield for the driver/passenger seats... But man, that stuff looks like liquid gold -- 50ml for $60 on amazon. At that price, it ought to do miracles!

Questions:
  1. Will that product work on Sensatec? Or should I consider something else?
  2. Will it help protect against color transfer from jeans, etc.
  3. Will one 50ml bottle be enough for my steering wheel and two sport seats?
  4. How long will that protection last?
(Profile: Couple, no kids, no dogs, pretty clean, work at home, single car family.)
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2022, 07:17 AM   #2
14Down
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i, X3 M40i, M Roadster

We have a '20 X3 M40i in Phytonic and Canberra Beige (non perforated at the time). I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on seats and plastics (use it on boat cushions for its excellent UV protection). It has held up rather well. Had a Jaguar F-Pace before that I constantly had to clean for jeans color transfer. Not so here. Use the same 303 on the '22 M340i though it has Cognac seats. No issues either.
Hope this helps.
Appreciate 1
SoCalJon234.50