Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals The Journey Begins

11-19-2022, 11:17 AM   #1
MaxW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

The Journey Begins

I took a bit of a chance and ordered a 2020 dravit grey M340i from CA (I'm in OH), site unseen. I figure it is CPO, for what that's worth, and I have two years for anything major to come up, covered under warranty. I wasn't looking for dravit, or any specific color really, but the car is specced exactly how I wanted it... and I specifically wanted a low mileage MY20. Now that I've looked into dravit a bit more (never even heard of it before finding this car), I am in love.

Well, the car was loaded last night. The CA at the dealership has been great- he took dozens of pictures, videos (including the undercarriage), and made sure the driver loaded it on the top/middle, like I requested. He also let me know that FWIW the trucker was cleaner than other truckers he's seen, and speaks fluent English, which was a concern of mine... in case something comes up.

As a side-note, if anyone in the Bay Area is looking for a recommendation for a good CA, PM me. I work in sales too and there are a lot of scummy ones, and in this sellers' market, TONS of salespeople who just don't even try.

I was debating enclosed vs. open transport, but looks like I will luck out weather-wise... assuming he doesn't go through upstate NY before OH lol. The cost difference was ~$700 and I'm sure I could put that money to better use in the form of a detail/ceramic coating. Nothing to do now, but wait.

Here she is all strapped in for the journey... hopefully that Quattroporte (I'm guessing) and CR-V catch all of the road/air crap before it can get to my car! I know it's hard to tell until it actually gets here, but I have about $3k I'm allowing myself to put into this car. I'm sure I'll be putting a lot more into it as time goes on, but the $3k will help me feel like I'm starting to make it mine. The only things that are certain are new tires and tint. Things up in the air are a ceramic coating, exhaust, and/or quad-style tips. I don't like my cars to look or sound obnoxiously modded, but I think the quad tips just suit this car so much better than the stock trapezoidal tips. I mean they aren't the ugliest I have seen, but they do sort of remind me of some sort of retro futuristic design you would have seen in the 80s. Ok I'll stop rambling now... just super excited and my wife is sick of hearing me talk about it
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-19-2022, 11:58 PM   #2
LPTyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

Congratulations. Dravit is a great color, I’m amazed every time I look at mine. It’s like having two different colors in one. Bronze on the sun and beautiful grey in lower light. You will love it I’m sure. What color interior does it have?
Appreciate 1
MaxW38.50
      11-20-2022, 08:45 AM   #3
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

Congrats. Your going to love it. Dravit is an outstanding color. Take pics when it shows up.
Appreciate 1
MaxW38.50
      11-20-2022, 09:30 AM   #4
MaxW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPTyler View Post
Congratulations. Dravit is a great color, I’m amazed every time I look at mine. It’s like having two different colors in one. Bronze on the sun and beautiful grey in lower light. You will love it I’m sure. What color interior does it have?
Thanks! Yeah I think what really sold me on the color was seeing some people who took super closeup pictures where you can see all of the different colors of metallic flakes... shows how complex the color really is for a "grey." The interior is cognac. That is the color my heart wanted. I was originally looking for black with blue stitching for practicality because we have a 3 year old, but I'm confident I can keep the cognac looking good. I'll just take my wife's car if we're going to drive through for some food
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 09:32 AM   #5
MaxW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
Congrats. Your going to love it. Dravit is an outstanding color. Take pics when it shows up.
I definitely will! I'm still trying to figure out where different posts go. It seems like the logical place to post would be the official dravit thread, but there also doesn't seem to be much going on in that thread. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 05:12 PM   #6
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

Hey there, you can post it on the Dravit tread if there is one or. Just post it here on this thread. We will be looking out for it either way. Btw Dravit was the only other choice I was going to get my m340 if tanzanite was not available. There was a demo spec exactly the way I wanted when I took the other half to test drive the m340i
Appreciate 0