Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Order Tracking Thread - Stages, Dates and Data Points

04-06-2024, 11:17 PM   #6447
SalParadise
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Sadly, I don't have all of the dates. My allocation was for the week of February 12. It has been listed as At Port for about a week. Just flipped to In Transit this morning. Was RFT for several weeks before that. Dealer contacted me last week and seemed to think it would be at the dealership by the end of March.

I had to trade my '22 M340xi (Portimao blue) way down due to some job insecurity last spring. That got sorted out and I missed it so much I placed an order for this 330xi. DW has a late model 330xi and I've been driving it trying to adjust to the 4-cyl. I think I'll be OK with it. I've already planted a seed by telling DW I'll drive it for 3 years and then possibly trade up based on where we are at financially (trying to retire early).

Here's what I have coming:
330xi
Melbourne Red on Black
M-Sport
Shadowline w/ Blue Calipers
Remote Start
Heated Seats/Steering Wheel
Harmon Kardon
Adaptive M Suspension
There was a blizzard on the day I was set to take delivery, so it happened in the parking ramp, which I was 100% fine with. Delivery was on 3/26. My build week was the week of 2/12, or week 7 of 2024. I don't think this could have gone any smoother. I made out like a bandit in terms of delivery time.
Attached Images

Last edited by SalParadise; 04-06-2024 at 11:31 PM..
Appreciate 3
      04-08-2024, 12:22 PM   #6448
M5wag
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M340i

Almost 2 weeks into the final assembly purgatory
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 11:50 PM   #6449
ejaychaz
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i, 2018 X6, 2024 M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnybee2024 View Post
Mine just changed from "At Port" to "In Transit" today!
I’ve been stuck at port since 3/15, waiting to be put on a ship to Galveston. Thinking early May at this point which is fine, still trying to decide on which HREs and body kit to purchase (leaning towards 3D Design, HRE S101).
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 12:21 AM   #6450
dontuseblinkers
Rep
Drives: m340i

Mine arrived in Galveston today. Build week was mid march.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2024, 06:29 AM   #6451
LuvFstCrs
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i X

Mine arrived at the Dealer yesterday. I cannot wait to pick Her up. Will post pics or it didn't happen.
Appreciate 2
      04-10-2024, 03:52 AM   #6452
psulaw
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4 M Competition

First time poster, long time reader.

I just ordered a 2025 BMW M440i xDrive Coupe from BMW Military Sales in Stuttgart, Germany. Looking forward to engaging with others on this thread who are in a similar position or have questions.

2025 BMW M440i xDrive Coupe
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Black Vernasca Leather w/ Red Highlights
Carbon Fiber Trim
Cooling and High Performance Tire Package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Parking Assistance Package
Premium Package
Shadowline Package
Galvanic Controls
M Carbon Exterior Package
SensaTec Dashboard
Drive Recorder
Red Calipers (I went back and forth on red vs. blue but thought red would compliment the red highlights on the seats).

Pretty much opted for every package and option available except ventilated seats because they aren't available on the black vernasca leather with red highlights seats.

I've received an order number and paid my deposit, but that is as far as I've gotten. Now I'm waiting to find out about the next step.

UPDATES:
08 April 2024 - Submitted purchase order.
26 April 2024 - Assigned VIN

Last edited by psulaw; 04-11-2024 at 02:43 AM..
Appreciate 3
      04-10-2024, 05:03 AM   #6453
gorthol
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2021

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
I really would like to understand why American orders are allocated in less than a month and enter production in 1-1.5 months while European orders get two months for an allocation and enter production in 4-5 months (if you are lucky). I myself set an order for a M340i on the 22th of February and still don't have even the allocation.

Last edited by gorthol; 04-10-2024 at 05:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 09:07 AM   #6454
benz330e
Battle Scarred Veteran
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulaw View Post

I just ordered a 2025 BMW M440i xDrive from BMW Military Sales in Stuttgart, Germany. Looking forward to engaging with others on this thread who are in a similar position or have questions.

2025 BMW M440i xDrive
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Carbon Fiber Trim
Premium Package
Shadowline Package
Galvanic Controls
SensaTec Dashboard
Drive Recorder
Red Calipers (I went back and forth on red vs. blue but thought red would compliment the red highlights on the seats).

Pretty much opted for every package and option available except ventilated seats because they aren't available on the black vernasca leather with red highlights seats.

I've received an order number and paid my deposit, but that is as far as I've gotten. Now I'm waiting to find out about the next step.
Thanks for your service. I worked for a Military Contractor in the 1990's. Been to Wiesbaden base 2x back then. Loved seeing European spec 7 Series with Manual Transmissions that we couldn't get here. One of the retiring Colonel's managed to bring his back to the states.
Appreciate 1
psulaw9.00
      04-10-2024, 09:07 AM   #6455
psulaw
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthol View Post
I really would like to understand why American orders are allocated in less than a month and enter production in 1-1.5 months while European orders get two months for an allocation and enter production in 4-5 months (if you are lucky). I myself set an order for a M340i on the 22th of February and still don't have even the allocation.
I don't know the answer to your question but I would speculate that because the US accounts for the largest percentage of BMW sales, second only to China, that they are apportioned a greater number of allocations and therefore are able to provide allocations faster than some other countries. I also know that some BMWs are manufactured in the US. Not sure if that also adds to them being allocated/produced faster. I'm just learning about this process so I appreciate any feedback.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 09:26 AM   #6456
psulaw
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz330e View Post
Thanks for your service. I worked for a Military Contractor in the 1990's. Been to Wiesbaden base 2x back then. Loved seeing European spec 7 Series with Manual Transmissions that we couldn't get here. One of the retiring Colonel's managed to bring his back to the states.
I appreciate that! I've never seen so many BMWs and Porsches as I have since I moved to Germany. I sort of miss the excitement I felt back in the states when I would occasionally see an M3, M4, 911, etc. Out here they're everywhere.
Appreciate 1
benz330e272.50
      04-10-2024, 04:22 PM   #6457
MARiSA
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03.5 M3 & '18 M3

Here's the timeline for my 330i M-Sport!

Loving the car so far

ORDER ACCEPTED 12/13/2023
PRODUCTION NUMBER ASSIGNED 12/21/2023
PRODUCTION STARTED 1/12/2024
ENTRY TO ASSEMBLY 1/26/2024
ASSEMBLY 1/29/2024
ASSEMBLY FINISH/QUALITY CHECK 1/29/2024
VEHICLE HANDOVER TO SALES 1/29/2024
IN TRANSIT-PLANT TO PORT (VERACRUZ, MX) 1/31/2024
DEPARTURE FROM PORT (RCC EUROPE) 2/22/2024
ARRIVAL AT PORT (NEWARK) 3/13/2024
RECEIVED AT VPC 3/13/2024
WORK ORDER STARTED 3/14/2024
WORK ORDER COMPLETED 3/14/2024
RELEASED TO CARRIER 3/14/2024
DELIVERED FROM VPC 3/17/2024
DELIVERED TO DEALER (LONG ISLAND, NY) 3/18/2024
DELIVERY 3/20/2024
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
      04-10-2024, 08:29 PM   #6458
ShapeShifter
Rep
Drives: M440ix GC On Order

Thumbs up

Quote:

I just ordered a 2025 BMW M440i xDrive from BMW Military Sales in Stuttgart, Germany. Looking forward to engaging with others on this thread who are in a similar position or have questions.

2025 BMW M440i xDrive
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Carbon Fiber Trim
Premium Package
Shadowline Package
Galvanic Controls
SensaTec Dashboard
Drive Recorder

Thanks for your service! I was stationed at the former Ayers Kaserne (The Rock) from (72-74), now seems a lifetime ago.

Congrats on your 2025 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe Order. Your MY25 order is the first I've seen posted. Since you have your Production Order Number, you can settle in and wait for good things to happen after you reach Production Status 112 and 150, which are Scheduled for Production and Production Begins, respectively. Your VIN will be assigned when you hit the latter.

Wish you much patience, and an enjoyable production and delivery process.
1988 Conquest TSi, 5 Spd - Black
Appreciate 1
psulaw9.00
      04-11-2024, 01:33 AM   #6459
gorthol
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't know the answer to your question but I would speculate that because the US accounts for the largest percentage of BMW sales, second only to China, that they are apportioned a greater number of allocations and therefore are able to provide allocations faster than some other countries. I also know that some BMWs are manufactured in the US. Not sure if that also adds to them being allocated/produced faster. I'm just learning about this process so I appreciate any feedback.

Well maybe they would sell more cars in Europe if the wait was 3 months instead of 10

Since 2022 all G20s are made in Mexico yet allocations and production times are much slower for European orders (I follow a similar thread on a Spanish forum and 8-10 months is currently the norm from order to delivery). Also, we don’t have s tracker here, we have to ask the dealer about the status.

Well, only 6-8 months more to go for my M340i ordered in February.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-11-2024, 02:42 AM   #6460
psulaw
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
Thanks for your service! I was stationed at the former Ayers Kaserne (The Rock) from (72-74), now seems a lifetime ago.

Congrats on your 2025 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe Order. Your MY25 order is the first I've seen posted. Since you have your Production Order Number, you can settle in and wait for good things to happen after you reach Production Status 112 and 150, which are Scheduled for Production and Production Begins, respectively. Your VIN will be assigned when you hit the latter.

Wish you much patience, and an enjoyable production and delivery process.
Thanks! I actually ordered the regular coupe instead of the Gran Coupe. I should probably edit my post. I tried to look up my order number on the website yesterday and it wasn't in there. I was told it may take up to 3 weeks for it to show up. Is that true? I was also told that it may either be on the US website or the german website. I wasn't tracking the different websites and I'm not sure which one it will be on. I guess I'll figure it out and try both. Thanks again for the info!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 09:39 PM   #6461
ShapeShifter
Rep
Drives: M440ix GC On Order

Quote:
Thanks! I actually ordered the regular coupe instead of the Gran Coupe. I should probably edit my post. I tried to look up my order number on the website yesterday and it wasn't in there. I was told it may take up to 3 weeks for it to show up. Is that true? I was also told that it may either be on the US website or the german website. I wasn't tracking the different websites and I'm not sure which one it will be on. I guess I'll figure it out and try both. Thanks again for the info!
Since your order wasn't generated from NA or CA, you may not have the ability to access BMW's online Production Order Tracking? Including a link to a post with discussions about Order tracking in Europe (no VIN yet). https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2030844

Also including a link to Bravian Motor Cars who are the Official BMW & MINI U.S.. Military Sales program partner in Europe. They list contacts for different German locations: https://m.bavarianmotorcars.com/en. You may be able to reach out to a contact at another location, if your current one is not that helpful.

Wish ya the best!
1988 Conquest TSi, 5 Spd - Black
Appreciate 1
psulaw9.00
      04-11-2024, 11:16 PM   #6462
SalParadise
Rep

Quote:
I went back and forth too. I went with blue because I got my car in Melbourne Red and thought the contrast of red/blue would be better than too much matching with red/red. It was kind of hard to do because red calipers have such an allure.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 11:26 PM   #6463
SalParadise
Rep

Quote:
I follow a similar thread on a Spanish forum and 8-10 months is currently the norm from order to delivery
Is that 8-10 months across the board, or is it specific to the rarer M models? I'm genuinely curious because timing and availability played a part in my order and sometimes I wonder if my thinking was valid or not. As much as I wanted to get back into an M340xi, I didn't want to sign up for the long wait times and uncertainty that I had encountered in the past.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 02:07 AM   #6464
psulaw
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I went back and forth too. I went with blue because I got my car in Melbourne Red and thought the contrast of red/blue would be better than too much matching with red/red. It was kind of hard to do because red calipers have such an allure.
I think blue calipers were a good choice for you. It would have been too much red having a red car with red calipers. Plus the different shades of red would likely clash.

Slight rant, right now I drive a X4 M Competition in Brooklyn Grey with Sakhir Orange (Red) interior. I like the Brooklyn Grey, but wanted something different this time. However, I'm a big fan of grey/silver cars with red leather interior. When I ordered my M440i, I really wanted the Skyscraper Grey exterior because it is still in the grey/silver palette that I like, but not the same Brooklyn Grey that I currently have. However, while the Skyscraper Grey is available for the 430i, it is not available for the M440i. Therefore, Brooklyn Grey was my only option for a grey/silver color. I also considered the Dravit Grey, but I already had a Dravit Grey 2021 M440i and didn't want another one. Plus I wasn't crazy about the gold sheen of the Dravit Grey. I know a lot of people like it (including my wife), but it's not my thing. I don't understand why Skyscraper Grey wouldn't be an option on the M440i if they are already painting 4-series chassis with that color.

Then, I wanted the Tacora red interior (or some variation of red). However, on the M440i, Tacora red is only available if you get Sensatec, and I wanted leather. I'm happy they at least offer the black interior with red highlights, but I really wish they had a red leather option. Oh well, first world problems. I'm happy with the car I ordered and can't wait to receive it.

Last edited by psulaw; 04-12-2024 at 03:28 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2024, 02:39 AM   #6465
gorthol
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote:
Is that 8-10 months across the board, or is it specific to the rarer M models? I'm genuinely curious because timing and availability played a part in my order and sometimes I wonder if my thinking was valid or not. As much as I wanted to get back into an M340xi, I didn't want to sign up for the long wait times and uncertainty that I had encountered in the past.
For all G20s that since 2023 are all made in Mexico. However, yesterday the dealer told me that my estimated delivery date has been updated from September to the end of June, which would be 4 months in total since ordering to delivering if true, so maybe things are improving.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2024, 05:15 AM   #6466
psulaw
Germany
Rep

Quote:
For all G20s that since 2023 are all made in Mexico. However, yesterday the dealer told me that my estimated delivery date has been updated from September to the end of June, which would be 4 months in total since ordering to delivering if true, so maybe things are improving.
That's great news! One of the many reasons I decided to order a G22 (built in Germany) over a G87 (Built in Mexico) is because of build location. I'm moving back to the US soon and the car I ordered has to be delivered in Germany before it can be shipped to me in the US (tax reasons). If I ordered the G87, they would have to ship the car from North America (Mexico) to Germany, then back to North America (US). With the G22, they just transport it from Munich (or wherever the German manufacturing plant is) to Stuttgart, and then ship it to the US. I didn't want my car spending more time at sea than this sailor.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 10:08 AM   #6467
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
That is incorrect.The 3 series is also still produced at the Munich plant for Europe and other markets like Canada.I am in Canada and just ordered a MY24 M340i that is a Munich build.The production month is May.Canada also gets 3 series cars that are made in Mexico.I specifically requested a Munich build because i wanted my car manufactured in Germany.

The US is the market where all 3 series cars are currently being manufactured in Mexico.I would assume that since you are in Spain you should be getting a Munich build.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 10:12 AM   #6468
gorthol
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
That is incorrect.The 3 series is also still produced at the Munich plant for Europe and other markets like Canada.I am in Canada and just ordered a MY24 M340i that is a Munich build.The production month is May.Canada also gets 3 series cars that are made in Mexico.I specifically requested a Munich build because i wanted my car manufactured in Germany.

The US is the market where all 3 series cars are currently being manufactured in Mexico.I would assume that since you are in Spain you should be getting a Munich build.
Nope. At least for Spain. And for what I read in this forum, also UK. Confirmed by my dealer and by a long thread similar to this one in bmwfaq.org.
Appreciate 0