Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum M340i

08-24-2021, 07:20 AM   #1
LaxCoach31
Registered
Rep
Drives: Kia Stinger GT1 AWD

M340i

Hi everyone, I’ve been researching for weeks and finally ready to make a move on an M340i X drive (my first BMW). That being said, I know the dealers have low inventory. I’m not keen on building because there are still 21s that check the boxes. What is reasonable right now for a dealer in PA/OH/VA/MD? I’ve bought plenty of cars in the last 20 years and this go around it seems the dealers are holding on to rebates as if they’re doing me a favor by giving them. I’ve had dealers lie to me saying I didn’t qualify for military and/or college grad discounts until I screen shot the incentives. So is 5% an acceptable ask these days pre incentives? Are people really paying MSRP or over it due to supply issues like they tell me? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #2
Flippco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 XM40i, Honda Passport

Anything under MSRP in this market is a pretty decent deal. Some have been able to negotiate under and some right at MSRP. It all depends on the dealer and their willingness to deal. The market is just crazy right now and this is a hot car in demand.

Here's a recent thread on Reddit with a decent suggestion on negotiation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BMW/comment..._2022_x3_m40i/
Appreciate 0