Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions No performance increase from the F30 to the G20?

11-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #45
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by movietub View Post
It's not helped that many people don't visit places such as Germany, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland... They are not exactly most British holiday makers first choice of destination.
Good points - Brits tend to congregate in Spain and Cyprus where the infrastructure is not as sound as it is elsewhere, and it's possibly easier to make facile comparisons.

Back on topic: Spain is generally a very nice place, the cuisine isn't to my taste but the roads aren't bad. There are very few performance-oriented BMWs. Then again, 170 bhp is really all you need there.

In a Madrid car park I did see a ceramic-coated Sparkling Brown 218d coupé, Luxury trim, with full light oyster interior, lots of chrome trim, and million-spoke alloys. Fantastic. Looked like a miniature Cadillac.
Quote:
With regard to arrogance, I can say that sometimes when I say how much I enjoy time in Germany, I get moderately racist responses about how that is possible
I wouldn't call it racist - the Brits and Germans are quite closely related in race terms after all. I would call it "generalising" and that's not - yet - illegal .
Appreciate 0