Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Petition: Manual transmission for the USA

Closed Thread

04-21-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
Kevin1987
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Petition: Manual transmission for the USA

https://www.change.org/p/bmw-bmw-of-...n-bmw-3-series

There are rumors that the new 3 Series may get a manual transmission down the line, and if not, at least the new M3 will. There are also rumors that even the new M3 won't get a manual transmission.

There are a significant number of enthusiasts who prefer three pedals to two and who felt that the manual was the only reason to buy the last generation 3 Series instead of its newer, better competition. In fact, I remember reading several comments online from people claiming that they liked the competition (e.g. Jaguar XE, Alfa Romeo Giulia, Mercedes C-Class) more than the 3 Series but stuck with BMW because of its manual gearbox option. The same goes for the M3 which up through the end of the most recent generation has been one of the few sport sedans that continues to have an available manual transmission.

BMW has also always said that it would sell whatever customers will buy. For example, because enough Americans were interested, the last generation M5 and M6 had a manual transmission option in the US only. The same could happen down the line for the new 3 Series along with the upcoming M3 if enough people show interest.

BMW is apparently aware of this petition floating around. I would advise those interested in a manual transmission in a new 3 Series or M3 to sign it.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread