Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions BMW G22 4 Series Coupe Has Been Spied!

Closed Thread

01-15-2020, 05:37 AM   #441
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Powerful aesthetics.
One man’s hideous is another man’s powerful aesthetics.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 06:14 AM   #442
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Deleted

Last edited by mofomat; 01-15-2020 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: Double post
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 06:24 AM   #443
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I acknowledge that he knows more than anybody on this forum about what BMW is doing behind the scenes,
He really doesn't. There is another forum which I shall not mention, where he is not taken seriously any more due to his "inside info" being consistently wrong. It was almost as if he was making it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Imminent usually mean within days but I guess this is BMW imminent meaning 3-6 months away?
On the "other forum", Scott said the 5er LCI was "imminent" a few weeks ago. Then he said the 5er LCI was going to be at the Brussels Motor Show. When it wasn't revealed there he said "oh, it's Geneva". The sooner people realise he is a charlatan the better.

Quote:
This Summer.
Brilliant. Nice and vague. Most people know its summer. If you don't know there's no shame in saying "I don't know".
Appreciate 3
stein_325i25083.00
J-RO2093.50
Poochie9104.50
      01-15-2020, 07:00 AM   #444
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
He really doesn't. There is another forum which I shall not mention, where he is not taken seriously any more due to his "inside info" being consistently wrong. It was almost as if he was making it up.

On the "other forum", Scott said the 5er LCI was "imminent" a few weeks ago. Then he said the 5er LCI was going to be at the Brussels Motor Show. When it wasn't revealed there he said "oh, it's Geneva". The sooner people realise he is a charlatan the better.

Brilliant. Nice and vague. Most people know its summer. If you don't know there's no shame in saying "I don't know".
Your are upsetting The Clan Man!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 08:25 AM   #445
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loma View Post
New M440i render

Source:
I actually like that render. It looks much more aggressive than the f32, as I think the 4 series coupe should. Renaming the 3 series coupe to the 4 series was indicative of giving the coupe its own identity. It makes sense that it might eventually adopt more divergent styling. I, for one, actually like some of these renders, big grill and all.
Appreciate 2
JTO245274.50
solstice5456.50
      01-15-2020, 08:37 AM   #446
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
New M440i render

Source:
I actually like that render. It looks much more aggressive than the f32, as I think the 4 series coupe should. Renaming the 3 series coupe to the 4 series was indicative of giving the coupe its own identity. It makes sense that it might eventually adopt more divergent styling. I, for one, actually like some of these renders, big grill and all.
Ok if you wish to drive a cartoon car! Front looks Pants
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 09:55 AM   #447
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Quote:

Your are upsetting The Clan Man!
Naw! I'm hard to upset. This is the internet after all. Most of you keyboard warriors aren't warriors at all in person.
Appreciate 1
JTO245274.50
      01-15-2020, 09:59 AM   #448
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I acknowledge that he knows more than anybody on this forum about what BMW is doing behind the scenes,

Quote:
Imminent usually mean within days but I guess this is BMW imminent meaning 3-6 months away?

Quote:
This Summer.
Out of curiosity, is somebody not allowed to be wrong sometimes?!?! Aren't people sometimes relayed something only for it to be changed?!?! I've been enforcing the law for a decade and I consider myself pretty darn knowledgeable, but I get stuff wrong too.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 12:40 PM   #449
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Out of curiosity, is somebody not allowed to be wrong sometimes?!?! Aren't people sometimes relayed something only for it to be changed?!?! I've been enforcing the law for a decade and I consider myself pretty darn knowledgeable, but I get stuff wrong too.
And I think most of us understand that even if Scott26 are BMW HQ insider information it is not official information and there is no expectation on accountability or accuracy. Most of it is vague and deliberately so I guess. I’m pretty sure this account is monitored to follow guidelines from BMW legal and PR department on what can and can not be leaked. I for one is thankful for whatever we get. It’s more “leaks” than any other source I’m aware of except maybe the more accurate information of future model options etc. coming from ynguldun.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25019.00
JTO245274.50
      01-15-2020, 03:27 PM   #450
Taranto300
Banned
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Where does license plate go?

Maserati?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 03:47 PM   #451
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes, they are. Scott has been given the benefit of the doubt many times. The problem is his ego regularly got the better of him, and rather than just be honest and say "actually, I don't have an answer for this one", he would guess more and more, until it got to the point where he was just constantly wide of the mark. His biggest defenders on there began to realise he doesn't know half as much as he pretends he knows, and in fact was just guessing. Look at his answer as to when the G22 is being released a few posts before this one. He says "summer". Great. 1 in 4 chance of being right. And anybody with five mins to spend on Google knows it will be released in the summer. Scott never actually tells you anything. He's like a fortune teller, making it sound like he's being mysterious, when in fact he's just being vague because he hasn't a clue!

Quote:
And I think most of us understand that even if Scott26 are BMW HQ insider information it is not official information and there is no expectation on accountability or accuracy. Most of it is vague and deliberately so I guess. I’m pretty sure this account is monitored to follow guidelines from BMW legal and PR department on what can and can not be leaked.
I'm afraid it's not as exciting as that. He never was part of any "official" BMW presence on internet forums. It was all just a bit exaggerated for effect. Do you honestly think anybody with any ACTUAL power or influence at BMW, or party to confidential information is going to be spending his time posting on internet forums? Really? Over the last couple of years REAL BMW insiders have said there never was any "Creative Marketing" department at BMW, and certainly nobody with any role we know as "Scott". It was all just made up.

Quote:
I for one is thankful for whatever we get. It’s more “leaks” than any other source I’m aware of except maybe the more accurate information of future model options etc. coming from ynguldun.
ynguldyn is certainly A+ when it comes to proper insider knowledge. You know why? He's humble and admits he doesn't know everything. Scott forgot the "humble" part.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      01-15-2020, 05:29 PM   #452
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Has anyone actually seen Scott 26?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:02 AM   #453
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Yes, they are. Scott has been given the benefit of the doubt many times. The problem is his ego regularly got the better of him, and rather than just be honest and say "actually, I don't have an answer for this one", he would guess more and more, until it got to the point where he was just constantly wide of the mark. His biggest defenders on there began to realise he doesn't know half as much as he pretends he knows, and in fact was just guessing. Look at his answer as to when the G22 is being released a few posts before this one. He says "summer". Great. 1 in 4 chance of being right. And anybody with five mins to spend on Google knows it will be released in the summer. Scott never actually tells you anything. He's like a fortune teller, making it sound like he's being mysterious, when in fact he's just being vague because he hasn't a clue!
I'm pretty sure Scott knows exactly what he's talking about. But he's not his own man and as such is constrained in what he can or cannot say. And if he says one thing one day and another thing another day, it's not because he's not informed but because the things he gives us sometimes change, and it can happen any time up to the official publication of the relevant press release.
Appreciate 4
JTO245274.50
solstice5456.50
Sedan_Clan25019.00
xlover2191.00
      01-16-2020, 06:18 AM   #454
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post

Here's a sampling from a random FB page with comments on the most recent render.
Those are still mostly enthusiasts. Facebook targets posts like that based on your history and common interests with other users. That's why you don't have a feed filled with makeup tutorials and newly released cookware.

Or maybe you do. No judgement
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 1
JTO245274.50
      01-16-2020, 07:29 AM   #455
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
New M440i render

Source:
Ok if you wish to drive a cartoon car! Front looks Pants
It doesn't look cartoonish to me though. I think it incorporates a retro sports car look without being derivative. It's also possible that you might favor the styling of some other model that I think looks ridiculous and distasteful. For example, I'm not sure I could ever warm up to the way a Tesla model 3 looks. To me the exterior and interior styling cues look "futuristic" in a tacky sort of way. Plenty of other people like the way they look though, or can at least deal with it. My point isn't to bash any particular make or model though, I'm just saying that there's no accounting for taste when it comes to car design.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:18 AM   #456
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Quote:
I'm pretty sure Scott knows exactly what he's talking about. But he's not his own man and as such is constrained in what he can or cannot say. And if he says one thing one day and another thing another day, it's not because he's not informed but because the things he gives us sometimes change, and it can happen any time up to the official publication of the relevant press release.
Well, if our resident insider is sworn to secrecy or don't have all the probable answers, I totally understand and respect that but maybe he should just keep it all to himself until he has something definitive to share.

I'm not gang-bashing but I agree with the other posters said; the indefinite, unconfirmed drip-drip of information just leads to confusion and lost of credibility, when it doesn't pan out..

Also, incase no one else mentioned yet, that front-end is hideous and no matter how you slice it and it probably won't lead to a decrease in overall sales because it's the new BMW on the block but it certainly will not help, no matter how much lipstick BMW puts on that piggy, IMHO.
Appreciate 1
J-RO2093.50
      01-16-2020, 12:01 PM   #457
EddieA1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 340i, m240i, M2C, m340i

From a side profile, I think the back-end and front-end look too long. Although I don't like it, I can understand why the rear-ends have gotten longer (more rear passenger room, trunk space, etc), but gone are the days when BMW's had nice stubby front ends. In my opinion, these cars are getting too big. Still a nice car, but that's too bad. All the more reason to get a 2-series coupe.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00
      01-16-2020, 12:37 PM   #458
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed!
Appreciate 2
xlover2191.00
JTO245274.50
      01-16-2020, 12:42 PM   #459
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Well, if our resident insider is sworn to secrecy or don't have all the probable answers, I totally understand and respect that but maybe he should just keep it all to himself until he has something definitive to share.

I'm not gang-bashing but I agree with the other posters said; the indefinite, unconfirmed drip-drip of information just leads to confusion and lost of credibility, when it doesn't pan out..

Also, incase no one else mentioned yet, that front-end is hideous and no matter how you slice it and it probably won't lead to a decrease in overall sales because it's the new BMW on the block but it certainly will not help, no matter how much lipstick BMW puts on that piggy, IMHO.
You guys are never happy. On one hand you guys salivate at the mouth for any tidbit of information (...and become increasingly agitated by the lack thereof), but on the other hand you want to lambast the guy who tries to feed you some semblance of information (..even if the details change and are beyond his control). That's the problem with some "enthusiasts". It's no wonder why some automotive companies have to ignore us to some degree in order to make any forward progress.
Appreciate 2
JTO245274.50
solstice5456.50
      01-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #460
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
You guys are never happy. On one hand you guys salivate at the mouth for any tidbit of information (...and become increasingly agitated by the lack thereof), but on the other hand you want to lambast the guy who tries to feed you some semblance of information (..even if the details change and are beyond his control). That's the problem with some "enthusiasts". It's no wonder why some automotive companies have to ignore us to some degree in order to make any forward progress.
+1

I visit the 4Runner and Land Cruiser forums twice a year or so and those guys have been waiting for over a decade on any news but they have zero clue cause first Toyota is never saying anything officially and second they have no ynguldun or Scott 26. Is that what you want to avoid getting early into that could change?

When people get spoilt they get rude and ungrateful, true for kids and internet jockeys alike.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25019.00
JTO245274.50
      01-16-2020, 04:37 PM   #461
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I'll say it one more time. He is present on "the other forum which shall not be named", and at one time he was respected a lot, until he began to be caught out pretending to know more than he did. People got sick of the false info. And I mean completely and utterly wrong on a regular basis. This was no longer a reliable source getting things a bit wrong. This was out and out falsehoods. Then a few months ago the subject of BMW "Creative Marketing" (Scott's own term) came up, and another (more reliable) insider found out about Scott's claim, and he said there never has been such a thing at BMW. It was all nonsense, that Scott works for some special department within BMW. You've been conned, and continue to be conned.

You can be anybody you want to be on the internet.

My advice is to listen to ynguldyn
Appreciate 3
stein_325i25083.00
Poochie9104.50
JustChris17485.50
      01-16-2020, 05:08 PM   #462
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I'll say it one more time. He is present on "the other forum which shall not be named", and at one time he was respected a lot, until he began to be caught out pretending to know more than he did. People got sick of the false info. And I mean completely and utterly wrong on a regular basis. This was no longer a reliable source getting things a bit wrong. This was out and out falsehoods. Then a few months ago the subject of BMW "Creative Marketing" (Scott's own term) came up, and another (more reliable) insider found out about Scott's claim, and he said there never has been such a thing at BMW. It was all nonsense, that Scott works for some special department within BMW. You've been conned, and continue to be conned.

You can be anybody you want to be on the internet.

My advice is to listen to ynguldyn
What's with all of the ambiguity? What forum are you referring to?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread