Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications AWE Touring vs Dinan Axleback

10-08-2022, 08:02 AM   #1
Savvymarvy
Marvelous
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m340

AWE Touring vs Dinan Axleback

Hi guys, so I’m thinking of taking out the stock exhaust on my 2023 M340. I don’t want anything that throws a CEL or voids the warranty , so no Catless or downpipes just want it more aggressive sounding. How does the AWE touring non resonated hold compared to the dinan. The long wait for dinan is already pushing me to AWE. Also, is there any chance MPE is a better choice compared to AWE. I have heard some people say MPE is perfect, but idk if it’s as aggressive. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 09:04 AM   #2
Jnasratyar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M340i

Garage List
2023 BMW M340i  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvymarvy View Post
Hi guys, so I’m thinking of taking out the stock exhaust on my 2023 M340. I don’t want anything that throws a CEL or voids the warranty , so no Catless or downpipes just want it more aggressive sounding. How does the AWE touring non resonated hold compared to the dinan. The long wait for dinan is already pushing me to AWE. Also, is there any chance MPE is a better choice compared to AWE. I have heard some people say MPE is perfect, but idk if it’s as aggressive. Thanks
I was thinking of getting an M performance for my 2023 as well but I checked the price on the official M parts website and it doesn't seem worth the price to me. It was almost 4K I think.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 09:11 AM   #3
Jnasratyar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M340i

Garage List
2023 BMW M340i  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnasratyar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvymarvy View Post
Hi guys, so I'm thinking of taking out the stock exhaust on my 2023 M340. I don't want anything that throws a CEL or voids the warranty , so no Catless or downpipes just want it more aggressive sounding. How does the AWE touring non resonated hold compared to the dinan. The long wait for dinan is already pushing me to AWE. Also, is there any chance MPE is a better choice compared to AWE. I have heard some people say MPE is perfect, but idk if it's as aggressive. Thanks
I was thinking of getting an M performance for my 2023 as well but I checked the price on the official M parts website and it doesn't seem worth the price to me. It was almost 4K I think.
Nvm I just checked again it's 2.4K. The tone of the M performance is amazing so it might be worth going with that. My friend has it in his m235i and it sounds great.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 11:01 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

the AWE touring non-res is a slightly more aggressive than Dinan

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0